maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Brainstorm (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   [Sandbox] MicroB WebBrowser: possibility to scroll fast in long websites (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=42729)

Helmuth 2010-01-30 09:23

[Sandbox] MicroB WebBrowser: possibility to scroll fast in long websites

The N900 touchscreen is great. But it's annoying to swipe about 20 times in long websites to reach the top of a page. We need a good solution for this issue! :)

Vote here: Brainstorm

Helmuth 2010-01-30 10:53

Re: [Sandbox] MicroB WebBrowser: possibility to scroll fast in long websites

1 Attachment(s)
I've added my first 2 Ideas for possible solutions:

The first is a fast workaround with only 2 Buttons.

Quote:

When we swipe from the left to the right in the screen, then we've got a Button to toogle the mouse coursor. We can put there 2 Buttons more to scroll direct to the top or the bottom of a webpage.

This is not a solution to reach a certain point. But the most often use case is to reach the top of the page (the menu). This workaround would help a lot.

Helmuth 2010-01-30 10:53

1 Attachment(s)
The second needs a little cange in the UI system. But in my opionion the effort is small when you compare what we could get. A big scrollbar on the right that appears when we need it, and disappears when we want to enjoy our display. :)

Quote:

Look at the animation when you swipe from the right in the screen. The Websitehistory scrolls from the left in the screen. It's more logical to change here the user interface. We should swipe from the left to the screen to get the history.

Then we can get the coursor toggle Button when we swipe from the right to the screen. There is enought space for a big and fast scrollbar. Please Vote!

misterm 2010-01-30 10:55

I like both gestures. What does the arrow do?

Helmuth 2010-01-30 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterm (Post 502311)
What does the arrow do?

It's just the arrow we've got at the moment when we swipe from the left to the screen. We can use it at example to mark text instead of moving the screen around. :)

Tesno 2010-01-30 11:04

I vote for both too. The arrow is like a mouse cursor. You can for example paint text with it.

Arrow gesture is too picky after all. You should get it visible by sliding from any part of left edge. Adding "home" and "end" -buttons shouldn't be a problem.

romanianusa 2010-01-30 11:04

How about swipe to get the "backward and forthward" button. I don't care about the scroll up and down button...i don't have a problem with the default scrolling at all!

toucan murphy 2010-01-30 11:21

i too would really like this it takes forever to scroll up long sites

btw that side mouse can also be put into manipulation mode by clicking it again making a red cross appear for selecting text. but i also worked out today that mode is really useful for moving round the map on google maps or flashearth.com!

Helmuth 2010-01-30 12:27

So... If you like it, please vote vor it.

Only 2 Votes (one from me) for the Brainstorm and so may "yes I want it" here at talk in such a short time?

Please, go to the Brainstorm site, login and vote for the Brainstorm. And in some Days again for your preferred solution. :)

If you can't login, you have to create a Account for Brainstorm!
You can't use your account from maemo talk. Currently you need a seperate account.

But, I guess, thats not the problem. You get with this simple second accound a voice at Brainstorm! :rolleyes:
Here at this talk thread, no Nokia employee will hear your voice. With luck, they read it. ;) But what perhaps could count in the future (when want to select a solution) are the votes. :D

Okay, the selection is not only taken by the count of the votes. Thats only a number. But, they have a look at it! :)

Tesno 2010-01-30 14:32

No wonder why there aren't any votes, it should not be this hard to use a forum. :mad::mad:

By the way, the cursor icon on the right is useless.

Same function (scroll bar from right side) should be also added to contacts.