maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   [PR 1.2] Social Network notifications not working (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82630)

RazorNoobish 2012-02-27 22:58

[PR 1.2] Social Network notifications not working

Am I the only one that's not getting any notifications at all? In fact, I can't even open the facebook app, the screen only shows me the facebook logo and everything below is white. However, Twitter's working normally; but I don't get notifications when someone mentions me or anything.

bmate 2012-02-27 23:48

Re: [PR 1.2] Social Network notifications not working

Works alright here. I know this may sound obvious, but did you enable them in the settings?

RazorNoobish 2012-02-28 00:01

Yeah, I don't really know what's happening. I've deleted my account and re-added it a couple of times, turned everthing off and then activating them on; but nothing seems to work :/

vitaminj 2012-02-28 00:41

They're not instant push notifications, as you might expect, they'll just pop up when it regularly checks, so they could be as much as 30m later, and won't pop up if you've already been into the app and read them.

soredawg 2012-02-28 00:42

I've gotten this too. Facebook not loading, but blank. Might need to relish again.

RazorNoobish 2012-02-28 02:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitaminj (Post 1171054)
They're not instant push notifications, as you might expect, they'll just pop up when it regularly checks, so they could be as much as 30m later, and won't pop up if you've already been into the app and read them.

Yes, I know that but the thing is that Facebook just gives me a white screen and on the notification screen, the only updates shown are the ones from twitter :(

johnsnipe 2012-02-28 18:15

razor i was having the same trouble.. i fixed in this way:

i delete the account, i installed the development mode, the phone reboot, after the reboot i open the browser and log in in my facebook account (it ask me if i want to keep the password i say yes), then i add my facebook account to the phone and after that the facebook app works again ..

edit: i do this and the facebook app works again ( dunno why xD)

RazorNoobish 2012-02-28 18:35

I hope you're right Johnsnipe, I'll try right now.

Edit.

Nope, Fb still won't show anything but the top logo :(

Yeshua 2012-02-28 18:44

Same problem here. Everything seems to work, only the Facebook app (1.2.40+0m7) stays blank and there are no FB notifications in the newsfeed either. I can set my status to online and see other online FB users, but the FB app itself stays blank. :(

I haven't tried it yet, but I saw a posting about it from vitaminj:

Quote:

To anyone with hosed Facebook and/or Twitter, try this at the terminal:
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/http_proxy
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/proxy
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/osso
It's fairly drastic as it will throw away all your accounts (and saved wifi networks), but you should then be able to set them back up and have them work.
[!] Notice the warning about accounts and saved WiFi networks!

Edit: johnsnipe's solution didn't work for me either. :(

johnsnipe 2012-02-28 18:47

Mm strange :s, well my full process was this:

i delete the account, i installed the development mode, the phone reboot, after the reboot i open the browser and log in in my facebook account (it ask me if i want to keep the password i say yes), then i add my facebook account to the phone and after that the facebook app works again ..
it works for me :s