maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] QRadio (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67917)

gionni88 2011-01-05 21:24

[Announce] QRadio

QRadio is an FM Radio application written in C++/Qt.
It uses the QtMobility/Multimedia library and has a "digital" look.

Actually on Extras-Devel (0.4.1 version).

Features:
  • 3 sets of favourite stations that can be swapped on the go.
  • 4 quickaccess buttons (1)
  • reads RDS metadata (station name & station program).
  • freq manual input option.
  • shows signal strenght.
  • scan up and down fuctions. (2)
  • fullscreen mode.
  • sets can be renamed.
  • stations list can be sorted and managed easily. (9)
  • font can be changed. (4)
  • 4 new fonts included in the package. (5)
  • can output to speakers. (7)
  • 87.5-108.0 freq range available. (8)

Requested features:
  • Wider freq range: not possible, or solution not in my knowledge.
  • Changing freq with a slider: rejected

Current bugs:
  • Radio suddenly stops working: this is not something depending on the code itself and currently I have found no way to fix it. Restarting radio app works to getIf you have Autodisconnect disabling bluetooth, change it since bluetooth and fm receiver are on the same hardware chip and disabling one disable both. audio back.
  • Sound not playing while on silent mode: standard behavior from Maemo
  • Sound stutters when switching apps or locking/unlocking device: Maemo standard behavior, app is not treated like a system app and doesn't get an high priority

QRadio

Radio Screen
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/1...1042514480.png

(1) To set the quick access button to current freq tap and hold on it for more than 1sec. To go to the shown freq of a button just short tap on it.

(5) The new fonts are blackcastlemf bleedingcowboys destructobeambb_reg digital7. They all go to /usr/share/fonts/ folder.

rajil.s 2011-01-05 21:28

Re: [Announce] QRadio

awesome, finally a much needed digital radio.

raily 2011-01-05 21:42

Wow great. Thank you. I am looking forward to a stable version in extras-testing of this because the fm-radio app is not working for me since pr 1.3

mattbutsko 2011-01-05 22:30

Awesome. I find it very hard to scroll in the current FM radio, half the time the damn thing scrolls in the wrong direction, still a great player though. Can't wait to try this one.

Mentalist Traceur 2011-01-05 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by raily (Post 912594)
Wow great. Thank you. I am looking forward to a stable version in extras-testing of this because the fm-radio app is not working for me since pr 1.3

I had the same issue with the latest one, I eventually figured out it was missing a specific symlink. Just, wasn't there, at. all. Make the symlink, and it works. I don't remember were, but if you want, I'll dig around again and figure it out.

@gionni88: This is really cool, HOWEVER: Does it allow you to tune down all the way to 76.0 MHz? Because if it can't receive (don't really mind if it can't auto-find stations on it, though) all the way down to the hardware limit, like the latest FM Radio can, this, unfortunately, not as useful to me.

slender 2011-01-05 23:12

Looks nice. If possible lend some ideas from here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=889329&postcount=9

tusharmax 2011-01-05 23:33

finally someone did what had to be done a long time back..a very long time back..kudos man !

gionni88 2011-01-06 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur (Post 912655)
Does it allow you to tune down all the way to 76.0 MHz? Because if it can't receive (don't really mind if it can't auto-find stations on it, though) all the way down to the hardware limit, like the latest FM Radio can, this, unfortunately, not as useful to me.

I don't know if it is possible, this app goes from 87.5 to 108.0 MHz by itself: it's not me setting that freq span but the Mobility library. Only Japan has a freq span of 76-90 MHz, so I guess it will go to those freq as soon as you switch to Japan Firmware! So I guess that if you mod the firmware to go to those freq, surely this app will let you pick that freq range since I have not put any block and autoscan should keep working.

EDIT: Ok I got it, while the radio is open with root rights:
"echo 3 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-0022/region" and restart QRadio.
And it goes from 76 to 90. I can't realize if it works as expected since I have no way to check it without a trip to Japan, so I have to ask you to try it and let me know if it works.
Also the rds is in the same folder, just in exadecimal, will get a look at it.

EDIT2: To get it back to europe range, echo 2.

gionni88 2011-01-06 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by slender (Post 912678)
Looks nice. If possible lend some ideas from here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=889329&postcount=9

Thanks, will do. Anyway, the saved station list is "similar to that one".

droitwichgas 2011-01-06 10:49

Not sure if anybody else has come across this problem but atfer using the radio for around 15 mins it suddenly stopped working, even re-booting my phone won't get the radio to work again! The old FM radio app works without any problems so I assume it must therefore be an issue with the new app?

For the future developments:-

I wonder if future updates could allow the station name to be shown by being entered manually, whilst you are working on the RDS side of things?

I assume Set 1, Set 2 etc refers to the station names, if so, any chance of more "Set"'s being added as 3 stations is a fairly limited number?

Also the frequency of 102.20 etc needs to be entered as 10220, and also shows as this on the app, I wonder it it is possible to upgarade the app to show the correct frequency?