maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Jolla Tablet (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Youyota Tablet Contact (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99214)

chenliangchen 2017-03-31 14:47

Youyota Tablet Contact

3 Attachment(s)

This project is completely owned by Youyota Team, if you need their contact detail please send me a PM.

I am only responsible for Livermorium Keyboard Mod project, and not involved in this project financially. Only as a community member trying to restore this hardware. I linked groups to make it started at the beginning and shared what I know, then check/chase Youyota regularly for the progress/status.

With the recent Livermorium Keyboard Mod go-to-market plan and production I am unable to follow this project. If you need to contact Youyota directly, please PM. Thank you

neochapay 2017-03-31 15:06

Re: [Pre-Announce] Revive of Jolla Tablet

I will buy

chenliangchen 2017-03-31 15:11

...... We will also re-design the case to make it keyboard friendly.

eson 2017-03-31 15:18

I will buy, provided that it comes with official Jolla support.

chenliangchen 2017-03-31 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by eson (Post 1526184)
I will buy, provided that it comes with official Jolla support.

Yes 100% official support. Inc. Alien Dalvik and MS Exchange.

mscion 2017-03-31 15:37

Re: [Pre-Announce] Revival of Jolla Tablet

So performance wise will it be the same? Is ram same? I like my Jolla tablet but it could use faster processor. Increased memory is great news.

chenliangchen 2017-03-31 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscion (Post 1526186)
So performance wise will it be the same? Is ram same? I like my Jolla tablet but it could use faster processor. Increased memory is great news.

It will be exact same. Changing processor and RAM will involve:

- A complete re-engineering on software inc. Alien Dalvik. Which not only cost money but a lot time.

- Re-work on PCB design, same time and effort as above.

I'd love to have a better specs but for our current time and funding constraints using same design is much more feasible.

For future devices with a more powerful hardware, we will start working very shortly. They take a lot time.

mosen 2017-03-31 15:48

Sure i would buy another one.
Using it daily and have unnecessary fights with my daughter whos turn it is :p

Are "you" paying fees to Jolla for using sailfish then? Are there any royalties attached for using the old design? Who owns "it" currently?

My head just imploded under a million other questions but those would clear up most for me.

chenliangchen 2017-03-31 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosen (Post 1526188)
Sure i would buy another one.
Using it daily and have unnecessary fights with my daughter whos turn it is :p

Are "you" paying fees to Jolla for using sailfish then? Are there any royalties attached for using the old design? Who owns "it" currently?

My head just imploded under a million other questions but those would clear up most for me.

"I" will team with our design partner as "We" using brand "Youyota", We will pay Jolla licence fee.

No Royalties as the old design was designed by "us", or our design house more preciously.

We own it now. :)

More questions are welcomed. :)

cy8aer 2017-03-31 16:10

I am interested in this too. What about shipping? Are there problems to get them to Europe or is there a little help by Jolla?