maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Buy & Sell (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   1 Gb Transcend Mobile MMC $34 + shipping, 512 Meg Pqi card $12 + shipping (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=1758)

DaScud 2006-04-06 22:20

1 Gb Transcend Mobile MMC $34 + shipping, 512 Meg Pqi card $12 + shipping

For those who are looking to upgrade the memory on their N770.

Transcend 1Gb

PQI 512 Megs

FWIW i have purchased stuff from meritline in the past (mostly dvd-r/cd-r supplies) without any problems.

DaScud

NokNok770 2006-04-06 22:33

Damn that's a good price....too bad I got 2 of them already.

gultig 2006-04-06 22:54

Thanks alot! I was going to buy the Sandisk one from Buy or Amazon yesterday, but realized they had gone out of stock. Just ordered the 1GB card. Shipping came to $5.95 making the total 39.95.

DaScud 2006-04-06 22:57

I was waiting for a 2Gb card to show up but the price was too good to pass up. Just got me a 1gig and a 512 meg card (for a rainy day) for a total of $56 shipped (tax in California)

I guess i better start encoding those movies in a suitable format :)

DaScud

kutibah 2006-04-07 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaScud
I was waiting for a 2Gb card to show up but the price was too good to pass up.

Same here, I was also waiting or the 2GB card's, but this is way too good to let it go by =). I just ordered myself one :)

gultig 2006-04-10 20:56

Got this on friday:
Quote:

Thank you for shopping with Meritline.com. We are sorry to inform you that
your order is currently on back order. The estimate time for shipping your
order is in 2 to 3 days.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience and
understanding.

Customer Support
Meritline.com
Damn my luck!

DaScud 2006-04-10 23:28

I got the same email from them on friday and was thinking that mebbe it was a price mistake. Got the shipping notification with the tracking number today. So seems like i will get it by wednesday :-).

Quote:

Originally Posted by gultig
Got this on friday:

Damn my luck!

kutibah 2006-04-11 03:13

Well, since I'm in California (where they're shipping from), I got mine today. :)

3lr0d 2006-04-11 05:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by kutibah
Well, since I'm in California (where they're shipping from), I got mine today. :)

Cool! is it the right form factor? I know RS-MMC is smaller than vanilla MMC, but I've never seen MMCmobile. so I can't make any comparison... So... How does it compare?

mschoen 2006-04-11 07:29

http://www.meritline.com/kingston-1g...bile-card.html is a little bit more, but it has lifetime warranty, not have to worry about 10k cycles... This is a good one for swap card, being that has the lifetime warranty, you can have a huge SWAP :P

ploum 2006-04-11 09:16

How much cost the shipping to Europa ?

kutibah 2006-04-11 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lr0d
Cool! is it the right form factor? I know RS-MMC is smaller than vanilla MMC, but I've never seen MMCmobile. so I can't make any comparison... So... How does it compare?

Umm, it's half the size. It looks just like the 64mb memory card that comes with the 770 ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoen
http://www.meritline.com/kingston-1g...bile-card.html is a little bit more, but it has lifetime warranty, not have to worry about 10k cycles... This is a good one for swap card, being that has the lifetime warranty, you can have a huge SWAP :P

Actually. the one from Transcend also has a lifetime warranty ;) (it says so on the box).

Gestalt73 2006-04-11 22:25

Kingston vs Transcend 1G

Interesting about both of the cards, thanks for the link to the Kingston. I wonder if it's worth it to spend the extra $15 for th Kingston. They both have a lifetime warranty, but the speeds are listed as being different:
  • Transcend: up to 6Mb/sec
  • Kingston: read@8Mb/sec write@7mb/sec

I couldn't find any more information from either website, but $15 more for a faster card? That's got me thinking.

gultig 2006-04-12 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gestalt73
I wonder if it's worth it to spend the extra $15 for th Kingston.

I guess it all depends on how fast the 770 can read the card.

lawbeefaroni 2006-05-10 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gestalt73
Interesting about both of the cards, thanks for the link to the Kingston. I wonder if it's worth it to spend the extra $15 for th Kingston. They both have a lifetime warranty, but the speeds are listed as being different:
  • Transcend: up to 6Mb/sec
  • Kingston: read@8Mb/sec write@7mb/sec

I couldn't find any more information from either website, but $15 more for a faster card? That's got me thinking.

It's $3 cheaper now. EDIT: $3 cheaper than the Transcend one, $18 cheaper than before.

1GB MMCM Kingston

jeetdds 2006-05-22 20:58

Kingston MMC Card 1 GB doesn't work

this card is not RS MMC, just MMC. I cannot get it to work on the 770. Help!!!!!

thanks,
Jeet

lawbeefaroni 2006-05-31 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeetdds
this card is not RS MMC, just MMC. I cannot get it to work on the 770. Help!!!!!

thanks,
Jeet

I ordered the Kingston one and it works fine. Did you close the door on the memory card slot? I didn't want to close it when I tested the new card because it's such a PITA to open. But cards aren't recognized unless the door is closed and the USB cable is disconnected.

If it says MMCM or MMC-Mobile it's RSMMC.

BanditRider 2006-05-31 16:40

This A-Data 1GB mmc-mobile card from Newegg.com for $28 works great.
It claims a 15 MB/sec read speed and 8 MB/sec write speed.

1 GB MMC-Mobile