maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] Cleven - an aircrack gui (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75428)

Saturn 2011-08-02 11:08

[Announce] Cleven - an aircrack gui

First public release... short info since on holidays :)

Cleven is a user interface of aircrack-ng for the N900.

DISCLAIMER: This program is intended for learning purposes only. I do not condone hacking and wouldn't be held responsible for your actions. Only you would face legal consequences if you used this script for illegal activities.

Key dependencies and features:
* The package depends on aircrack-ng, macchanger and expects power kernel >= 2.6.28.10power46-wl1.
* Includes the injection drivers (courtesy of lxp)
* Original MAC is stored and restored on exit.
* Handles correctly spaces and special characters in the ESSID names (see issues)
* The ESSID names are sorted and the hidden are not shown.
* Decryption can be done for data captured over multiple sessions.
* Successful decrypted keys are stored in a separate folder.
* Management of captured files.

ISSUES/TODO:
* Fix WAP authentication to accept spaces in network names. fixed in version 1.10-1
* Fix WPA deauthentication to collect client's MAC.

More info (instuctions and screenshots) can be found in the wiki page:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Cleven

Package info:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/cleven/

Please keep this thread related to the application. For things related to aircrack you should read first the aircrack wiki!

Also there are several tutorials, FAQ, etc. on the internet. Some links to help you start:
http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=tutorial
http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=faq

use it wisely!

Vento 2011-08-02 11:49

Re: [Announce] Cleven - an aircrack gui

Need sudser or similar?

Pillum 2011-08-02 11:51

Why another GUI? What's better here than with fAircrack?

Saturn 2011-08-02 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vento (Post 1062769)
Need sudser or similar?

No it doesn't depend on anything like that.

jedi 2011-08-02 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pillum (Post 1062770)
Why another GUI? What's better here than with fAircrack?

The freedom of choice.

@Saturn: good work, and thanks for taking the time to develop this app and share it with us.

haffid 2011-08-02 12:28

well done Saturn, im testin now, thanks.

Dragoss91 2011-08-02 13:51

I'm testing it right now , do you have any idea about how much it takes to break a WPA password with 12 letters ? Because I let it break my router's password and it done 24000 beacons and still not break it .

ivgalvez 2011-08-02 13:52

Wonderful as usual Saturn.

Captwheeto 2011-08-02 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoss91 (Post 1062810)
I'm testing it right now , do you have any idea about how much it takes to break a WPA password with 12 letters ? Because I let it break my router's password and it done 24000 beacons and still not break it .

WPA doesn't suffer from the same vulnerability. I don't think. It's been a while, but your N900 won't be cracking it anytime soon, it's a bruteforce approach

Dragoss91 2011-08-02 14:05

Ok , so if it's impossible , why it's added WPA there ? Should be only WEP .

Mentalist Traceur 2011-08-02 14:58

So that people who know what they're doing can use aircrack-ng to its full extent (without having to command-line it - I like command-line, but most prefer GUI, WPA handshake capture included.)

A GUI for a tool is supposed to do one thing - make the tool more user-friendly/convenient/intuitive to use. Meanwhile, aircrack-ng doesn't exist to make it quick and easy for people to hax somebody's wifi network. It exists to provide a convenient interface between the user and wifi networks, for the purpose of pentesting of all wlan networks - just because WPA doesn't crack easily, doesn't mean there aren't people who might want to capture WPA handshakes, and by extention, the GUI for aircrack-ng should include complete aircrack-ng functionality.

Alfred 2011-08-02 15:11

I've hacked audited a few WEP networks using command line aircrack-ng tools. and deauth'ed a few users too. But will test this new GUI and write a feedback soon.

NokiaRocks 2011-08-02 15:14

Works like a charm !
Great work dude.

Vento 2011-08-02 15:50

Can I use it with kernel-power v48?

vi_ 2011-08-02 15:51

No one said it is impossible, go research cowpatty...

Alfred 2011-08-02 16:36

Well,
looks like it doesn't turn the mon mode upon closing the programm.

sada11 2011-08-02 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfred (Post 1062882)
Well,
looks like it doesn't turn the mon mode upon closing the programm.

;) just click on configure drivers and disable monitor mode

ayazpak 2011-08-02 17:42

(The drivers or the interface are not to the correct state. Please configure them from the available menu option) But when i want to configure it from Menu Option nothing happens. Please guide?

Dragoss91 2011-08-02 18:13

Can someone teach me how to use this GUI please ? I just loaded injection drivers , monitor mode , set a mac address and scanned for wifi networks , then I have chosen a WEP network and press capture . Do I need to press authentification and inject too ? I tried all of these and I'm still waiting after 12 minutes to break that password . Sorry but I am a noob at this . :D

ceroberts75 2011-08-02 18:17

i have the same challenge as above. couldnt even hack my own network.

ayazpak 2011-08-02 18:39

In my experience WEP key will take little time and the router you want to crack must be shared with others also.

Alfred 2011-08-02 18:55

Normally i wait till 30,000-50,000 DATA packs...

pusak gaoq 2011-08-02 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceroberts75 (Post 1062913)
i have the same challenge as above. couldnt even hack my own network.

well if you have using fAircrack GUI before then you will understand using this GUI....it is more the same as fAircrack but Cleven got a better GUI....
have testing this GUI for 30 minutes & found out that authenticate an AP is more easy than using fAircrack...on decrypting the keys well it the same as fAircrack but Wepon has a much better in decrypting keys than fAircrack & Cleven....

Edit After 3 hour of testing :

after testing this GUI i notice that....

1. cannot authenticate AP with space on it....

tho we still can injet AP with space but will took a very-very long time to collect the DATA unless the AP is active....

Saturn 2011-08-02 22:44

Thanks for all the nice comments already, really appreciate them.

Sorry that won't answer any questions but have to be away from keyboard for some days.

To all unfamiliar with aircrack and if you're interested in the UI, you'll definitely understand a lot if you read the aircrack tutorials in the official site.The UI simply automatises several of those.

prakut 2011-08-03 17:03

HI
When I scan it dosent show any network. can you pls help me.
is there any manual availavle for this..

Dragoss91 2011-08-03 17:30

try to change channel .

Sin 2011-08-04 06:05

I am new to all this aircrack things, yesterday night tested it and it was working ! :) Unfortunately powerkernel v47 made my N900 laggy and I had to remove powerkernel.. Will try it again asap :)

I have a question btw, I changed my MAC address with Cleven, now how can I bring it back to original? Where can I find my original MAC address?

Edit,

At system configuration, MAC address bar comes with an address, that is my original MAC address I guess?

it also supposed to restore original MAC address on exit, right? It doesn't, or am I doing something wrong? I have Nokia kernel at the moment, is it power kernel dependent thing?

pusak gaoq 2011-08-04 06:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoss91 (Post 1063598)
try to change channel .

change the channel??? what part in this GUI that have the ability to change the channel anyway???

we can change the MAC address only in this GUI....changing the channel?? that only if you wanna crack your own router by changing the the channel inside the router setup....

next time read the questions carefully before answering...you make other people confuse with your bizzards answers...

pusak gaoq 2011-08-04 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin (Post 1063852)
I am new to all this aircrack things, yesterday night tested it and it was working ! :) Unfortunately powerkernel v47 made my N900 laggy and I had to remove powerkernel.. Will try it again asap :)

I have a question btw, I changed my MAC address with Cleven, now how can I bring it back to original? Where can I find my original MAC address?

Edit,

At system configuration, MAC address bar comes with an address, that is my original MAC address I guess?

it also supposed to restore original MAC address on exit, right? It doesn't, or am I doing something wrong? I have Nokia kernel at the moment, is it power kernel dependent thing?

likes in the first post....
you need power kernel if you want this GUI to works better....

regarding MAC address...the address will be switch back to original when you exit the GUI or reboot your device...

lav4you 2011-08-04 10:51

Hi gurus..

Please help me in how to start working with this tool.
I am following below steps but not getting network list
Click on Clelven Icon..

it gives dtiver config menu..
select Wlan
set random mac..
enable moniter mode
load injection driver

go back to cleven home screen..
press scan (10)
but its not showing any network..?

can anyone tell me wat mi doing wrong?
is it because i missed the first setup file configuration or something?/

laith.m.y 2011-08-04 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by lav4you (Post 1063966)
hi gurus..

Please help me in how to start working with this tool.
I am following below steps but not getting network list
click on clelven icon..

It gives dtiver config menu..
Select wlan
set random mac..
Enable moniter mode
load injection driver

go back to cleven home screen..
Press scan (10)

Can anyone tell me wat mi doing wrong?
Is it because i missed the first setup file configuration or something?/

the same problem :(

StefanL 2011-08-04 13:33

Using the injection enable / disable function (ie. trying to load / unload) injection drivers always screws up my system (power kernal 46). So, for me this works straight out of the box. I had some lengthy discussion on another thread about this, everybody else seems to think they need to load / unload.

Just my 2kobo :o

carlon 2011-08-04 14:14

What exactly does this app do?

HtheB 2011-08-04 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by lav4you (Post 1063966)
press scan (10)

can anyone tell me wat mi doing wrong?
is it because i missed the first setup file configuration or something?/

After it says that it's done scanning the network, just press on the WEP or WPA and it shows the networks that he founds using that encryption :)

laith.m.y 2011-08-04 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1064223)
After it says that it's done scanning the network, just press on the WEP or WPA and it shows the networks that he founds using that encryption :)

when i load the driver there are no network showen in the status area not only in this application (cleven)

sansar95 2011-08-04 20:36

I was sucessful in capturing some .cap file but donot know hat to do next from where to get the dicitonary file pls help

thanks in advance

AgentZ 2011-08-04 21:06

been using Faircrack for awhile with no problems; except no icon, does this app still open all the xterm windows or does it keep them in the background?
Just wondering.

pusak gaoq 2011-08-04 22:13

@lav4you
load the injection driver first then enable the monitor not the other way around....

@carlon
if you don't know what does this GUI do then don't install it...

@laith.m.y
the same instructions like lav4you...

@sansar95
WEP doesn't need dictionary..only WPA does but brute force is much better in cracking WPA rather than dictionary....

@AgentZ
if you have using fAircrack then you will know the different between both of the GUI....

laith.m.y 2011-08-04 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq (Post 1064295)
@lav4you
load the injection driver first then enable the monitor not the other way around....

@carlon
if you don't know what does this GUI do then don't install it...

@laith.m.y
the same instructions like lav4you...

@sansar95
WEP doesn't need dictionary..only WPA does but brute force is much better in cracking WPA rather than dictionary....

@AgentZ
if you have using fAircrack then you will know the different between both of the GUI....

thanx for ur replay

but I noticed that when I load the driver and enable the monitor there are no network been showen , but when the driver is loaded and the monitor in disabled there is no problem

pusak gaoq 2011-08-05 04:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by laith.m.y (Post 1064304)
thanx for ur replay

but I noticed that when I load the driver and enable the monitor there are no network been showen , but when the driver is loaded and the monitor in disabled there is no problem

if that the case then might be some missing packages that you didn't install along with this GUI....
Mine works flawless without any problem (except for unable to authenticate AP with space on it)