maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Council] Meet the new (Q4 2012) Maemo Community Council! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87749)

woody14619 2012-11-06 21:35

[Council] Meet the new (Q4 2012) Maemo Community Council!

Again the forum link to the Council Blog is broken and did not post this under Council's account. So instead, I post it by hand. :)

After confirming with the election rules, and historic precedent, the case for five Maemo Community Council candidates seems to be very clear. The case for five is a "no election" scenario, granting the candidates full Council-ship.

This being said, it brings me great pleasure to announce the new, Q4 2012 Maemo Community Council:

As stated many times in the past month, these five maemo.org contributors have put in timeless hours supporting our community. They are all people who our community has expressed much support for and who will do what it takes to see this community through the tumultuous months ahead of us. In speaking for the entire previous Council, I'd like to offer a warm welcome (or welcome back) and wish them a happy and productive term! The formal hand-off will occur at the Council meeting, Friday at 18:00 UTC on #maemo-meeting (on IRC/freenode).

Remember, the position of Community Council member is completely voluntary and unpaid. These fine people are serving you, the Maemo Community, in their free time, out of the goodness of their hearts and a passion for what Maemo is and means.

Once again, thank you all for the ongoing support. This Council only exists because of you.

Link to: Original article

vi_ 2012-11-06 21:43

Re: [Council] Meet the new (Q4 2012) Maemo Community Council!

wow! What a line up! All members I have much respect for.

As it is worth, you have my full support!

mr_pingu 2012-11-06 22:20

That's indeed some neat list :) Congratz on your (new) position(s)!

HELLASISGREECE 2012-11-06 22:33

qwazix!! great guy both @ myphone.gr & maemo.org

bravo!!!

qwazix 2012-11-06 22:37

Thank you all for the support and warm welcome. I'm happy to be able to work in this esteemed company of maemo contributors towards the difficult next step.

ivgalvez 2012-11-07 11:07

Thank you to all volunteers for Council, I'm glad I'll be able to cooperate with such respected members.

@ Woody
Thank you for conducting the elections for both Council and Board.

tortoisedoc 2012-11-12 07:23

I posted a ticket request on the developer's site.
Seems they answered today; they will "have a look at it".
Hope they are a Word's men ;)

tortoisedoc

panjgoori 2012-11-12 08:07

offtopic: does anyone know why estel's account has been banned ?

thedead1440 2012-11-12 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by panjgoori (Post 1293247)

Read any other recent threads in this sub-forum from the back few pages and you'll see why...

woody14619 2012-11-13 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by panjgoori (Post 1293247)

He was given infraction points by a moderator initially, which would have seen him banned for just a few days as a cooling off period. Instead, he created one to three more accounts, which is a big no-no here, and continued his rants in those. As a result, he was banned for one month for that offense. That was the situation as of Friday. I've heard it's gotten worse since then, but have no further facts on the matter.

The one account I know he created separately (due to posts and replies) was "Letsee", which is Estel backward... He freely admits to having done this, and even PMed moderators & others to complain about his other account being "inappropriately" disabled by a moderator.

FWIW: This is unrelated to Council.