maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [DEVEL] Saera: Siri clone for Maemo5, Harmattan and Sailfish OS (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84753)

sixwheeledbeast 2012-09-09 19:52

Re: [DEVEL] Saera: Siri clone for Maemo 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1263847)
I had actually made it fixed to portrait intentionally - the fact that it starts up in landscape with the keyboard open is a bug. My thinking was that this makes it easier to operate with one hand, and hence without looking. Should I make this optional?

I think it should auto rotate automatically, I don't see it as a bug, isn't this what the portrait.py file is for anyway?

IMO typing on the keyboard with the app locked to portrait is annoying.

Edit:- Is there a reason it's not hearing my voice commands?

sixwheeledbeast 2012-09-09 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1263847)
the fact that it starts up in landscape with the keyboard open is a bug.

Oh I see this bug now!!

Well if you set the saera.py file to AUTOMATIC like above.
Then also in that clever little portrait.py file (thanks thp).

Find the section "def_keyboard_state_changed"

There is a line commented out, uncomment it and comment the one next to it.
This seems to make saera act correctly on keyboard open.

taixzo 2012-09-09 21:05

Updated the keyboard bug. Also, if you have good GPS visibility, Saera will now give you weather for your current location instead of NYC (Thanks MartinK!!)

I think I'll just leave it like this for the competition, unless there are any more serious bugs that anyone finds.

Ken-Young 2012-09-10 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1263908)
Updated the keyboard bug. Also, if you have good GPS visibility, Saera will now give you weather for your current location instead of NYC (Thanks MartinK!!)

I think I'll just leave it like this for the competition, unless there are any more serious bugs that anyone finds.

Well, on my N900, Saera stopped working two updates ago. It dies with the error

NameError: global name 'q' is not defined

Dave999 2012-09-10 11:50

What version are up running? Try out 0.1-9 and go Chuck Norris style.

taixzo 2012-09-10 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken-Young (Post 1264173)

Oops, I forgot to change that to self.q. Fixed now.

sixwheeledbeast 2012-09-10 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken-Young (Post 1264173)

Had the same problem.
0.2-1 seems to work now.

Dave999 2012-09-11 07:05

I just drop in to say I love chuck norris facts. You have my vote!

Chuck

wittyheart 2012-09-12 08:15

thanks a lot for this great app!!!

can't we have it in extras-devel?

Dave999 2012-09-12 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by wittyheart (Post 1265162)
thanks a lot for this great app!!!

can't we have it in extras-devel?

Read the thread. Yes we can, its right there... :)

taixzo 2012-09-21 04:40

Saera has been submitted to the 2012 Coding Competition. If you think it is worthy, vote for it! Anyone with a maemo.org account (which is not the same as a talk.maemo.org account) is eligible to vote, and should receive an email with instructions.

imo 2012-09-22 19:16

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...40#post1270740this is really cool ,i wish if this could be integrated with the one we are currently running ( saera ) ??

taixzo 2012-09-22 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by imo (Post 1270757)
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...40#post1270740this is really cool ,i wish if this could be integrated with the one we are currently running ( saera ) ??

Wow!! I was thinking about trying to port Google Now, and actually got a bit of this implemented - but this is much more complete. I will try to add this in such that if Saera doesn't understand what you say, and the N900 has an internet connection, it will hand it off to 42^infinity.

taixzo 2012-09-22 20:06

Good news everyone! My N900 battery charger arrived today, so I can resume testing on-device! I'll be just finding and fixing bugs until the competition is over, but there are several things planned for integration once that time comes (see last post for one)!

Rabah_vip 2012-09-22 20:56

WTF... why you don't release it for Nokia N9 .....

BluesLee 2012-09-22 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1270761)
Wow!! I was thinking about trying to port Google Now, and actually got a bit of this implemented - but this is much more complete. I will try to add this in such that if Saera doesn't understand what you say, and the N900 has an internet connection, it will hand it off to 42^infinity.

Many thanks taixzo. Honestly, Mee42 (prior 42^infinity) is a quick hack. I just added my two, maybe three cents to a well known script, see for instance Google_Voice_Recognition. To get answers via wiki.answer.com was much simpler than i thought, just do a request like
Code:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_is_Michael_Jordan
and evaluate the result.

You should concentrate on the competition first but feel free to integrate my stuff, its an honor for me. In the meantime i will try to get it running on the N9 (some packages are missing there) by using gstreamer tools for recording. If you have any questions ask me on the corresponding thread or IRC...

imo 2012-09-22 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabah_vip (Post 1270782)
WTF... why you don't release it for Nokia N9 .....

Why the **** you dont open your eyes and read the earlier posts ?

sixwheeledbeast 2012-09-22 21:01

or the wiki page
http://wiki.maemo.org/Saera

Rabah_vip 2012-09-23 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by imo (Post 1270784)
Why the **** you dont open your eyes and read the earlier posts ?

why i will see the older posts and there's nothing for nokia n9

abuelmagd 2012-09-23 08:50

the real question is why do you feel entitled to get software for your phone from someone doing it on his own time? how big was your donation to his project? did you buy him an n9 and pay for his time?

that's what i thought.

Dave999 2012-09-23 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabah_vip (Post 1270933)
why i will see the older posts and there's nothing for nokia n9

N9 is simple not cool enough for this software. Sorry. My n9 is like a little kid compared to my Bulldog n900.

Anyway.

Any plans to add an icon for Saera?

My suggestions are a image of Chuck Norris or an image of elop. If you enter elop Saera shall answer. "Oh, I know that guy. He is the one that killed maemo and ruined nokia. "

biketool 2012-09-23 16:11

It would be cool to somehow pair Saera to Evopedia so us mostly offline or prepaid SIM types can access our copy of wikipedia for reference when offline.

taixzo 2012-09-23 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1270952)
N9 is simple not cool enough for this software. Sorry. My n9 is like a little kid compared to my Bulldog n900.

Anyway.

Any plans to add an icon for Saera?

My suggestions are a image of Chuck Norris or an image of elop. If you enter elop Saera shall answer. "Oh, I know that guy. He is the one that killed maemo and ruined nokia. "

That's a good idea, I'll add an icon. Not so sure about putting someone's face on it though. Anybody have any other suggestions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by biketool (Post 1271128)
It would be cool to somehow pair Saera to Evopedia so us mostly offline or prepaid SIM types can access our copy of wikipedia for reference when offline.

Great idea! I'll start on this as soon as I have the 42^infinity script working. One potential issue however is that running Saera offline means we have to use Pocketsphinx, so we can't use a very large wordlist until I get context switching working; this may be a less useful feature until then.

BluesLee 2012-09-23 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1271165)
Great idea! I'll start on this as soon as I have the 42^infinity script working. One potential issue however is that running Saera offline means we have to use Pocketsphinx, so we can't use a very large wordlist until I get context switching working; this may be a less useful feature until then.

42^infinity?:) I renamed it to Mee42 as it runs on MeeGo:) Please have a look at the changelog, maybe it makes life easier as i use gstreamer-tools now...
  • Changelog version 0.2:
    • Renamed 42^infinity to Mee42:)
    • Runs now on the N9:)
    • Replaced arecord + flac with gst-launch.
    • Get rid of vi(m) command.
    • Several minor changes for code readability.

taixzo 2012-09-23 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluesLee (Post 1271169)
42^infinity? I renamed it to Mee42 as it runs on MeeGo:) Please have a look at the changelog, maybe it makes life easier...
  • Changelog version 0.2:
    • Renamed 42^infinity to Mee42:)
    • Runs now on the N9:)
    • Replaced arecord + flac with gst-launch.
    • Get rid of vi(m) command.
    • Several minor changes for code readability.

Sorry! Mee42. That should make things easier anyway as I don't have to escape the "^".

BluesLee 2012-09-23 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1271171)
Sorry! Mee42. That should make things easier anyway as I don't have to escape the "^".

The name was ridiculous, the new one is not much better :) I thought converting to flac would be easier now using gstreamer-tools in python.

taixzo 2012-09-24 04:44

Thanks to BluesLee's script Mee42, I have Saera retrieving answers from answers.com when it can't find a good interpretation. I can't upload this version until after the 27th because the coding competition voting is still going on, but here's a preview screenshot.

http://s9.postimage.org/vz6q8ng73/saera_moon.png

tortoisedoc 2012-09-24 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1271305)
Thanks to BluesLee's script Mee42, I have Saera retrieving answers from answers.com when it can't find a good interpretation. I can't upload this version until after the 27th because the coding competition voting is still going on, but here's a preview screenshot.

I cant wait to show this off to my IPhone fanatic friends XD

Dave999 2012-09-24 13:05

I'm from the moon. What if you go:

How far is the earth?

Please try it out:
http://www.answers.com/

what happens if the answers tooooooooooo long?

MartinK 2012-09-24 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1271165)
That's a good idea, I'll add an icon. Not so sure about putting someone's face on it though. Anybody have any other suggestions?

What about using a stylized microphone image ? :) Or alternatively something based on the iconic HAL 9000 eye. ;)

taixzo 2012-09-24 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinK (Post 1271460)
What about using a stylized microphone image ? :) Or alternatively something based on the iconic HAL 9000 eye. ;)

Hmm. HAL might give the wrong impression :). I like the microphone though, I'll see what I can do. Not sure whether an icon counts as a "feature" but I'm going to wait until the voting period is over just to be safe.

ivgalvez 2012-09-24 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinK (Post 1271460)

+1 to the HAL9000 eye.

nicolai 2012-09-24 13:28

+1 for HAL 9000

kanser 2012-09-26 15:02

Wiil Saera support any other languages than english?

taixzo 2012-09-26 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanser (Post 1272499)
Wiil Saera support any other languages than english?

Short answer: yes.
Long answer: Saera already can answer in English, Spanish, Portuguese or German: just say "Change language" and she'll give you the language settings. However, Saera still only understands English. There are two reasons for this: one is that many keywords are hardcoded and need to be moved into their own language files, and the other is that I've been using an online tool (CMU's lmtool) to create the language models; the downside is that that tool only supports English. I am learning about how to generate language models however, and hope to have Saera capable of doing this herself soon, which should also allow her to understand contact names. I expect to have that figured out in a month or two, at which point I will need other people to help me test other languages (my accents are horrible and I doubt she'd understand me ).

Rabah_vip 2012-09-26 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1271305)

this is for nokia n9 ???

taixzo 2012-09-26 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabah_vip (Post 1272531)
this is for nokia n9 ???

...no. Not yet. N900 only. Please read thread.

Rabah_vip 2012-09-26 16:23

you will not support it for nokia n9 ?

taixzo 2012-09-26 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabah_vip (Post 1272539)
you will not support it for nokia n9 ?

I did not say that. I intend to develop it for the N9, but I do not have a device yet to develop on.

Rabah_vip 2012-09-26 17:50

Please if you can do it with another dev who have a nokia n9 device and together you will do it because it 's the most important app it's more important than the wazapp so please if you can support it don't wait :p