maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Development (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   [M5+M6] [Tutorial] Install Nokia QtSDK with Emulator for Windows nowadays 2017 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=98734)

Halftux 2017-01-13 21:26

[Tutorial] Install Nokia QtSDK with Emulator for Windows nowadays 2017

1 Attachment(s)
This Tutorial is about installing the Nokia QtSDK for windows with a working qemu Emulator for Maemo5 (fremantle) and Maemo6 (harmattan). Test OS was a windows 7 professional.
As everybody know the Nokia server is down and nobody has a backup of the QtSDK repository.

Once, after a short shutdown of the server, I investigated the update/package server how it works. Sadly I had not enough space to download everything.
My investigation example was luckily the harmattan runtime files for the qemu based emulator.
So I could post install it offline. When using the latest QtSDK-offline-installer and my way to install the runtime files, the fremantle target, toolchain and runtime were not present.

Now I tried the standalone madde installer for fremantle and it has everything on board you only need to probably install and configure it.

So here it comes:

Needed files:
F34424900344B8E816BC4D05CB4AE49E *install-madde-0.7.48.exe (fremantle+emu)
EF3C33CB8C5AA3104A83CEC592DA8CC1 *QtSdk-offline-win-x86-v1_2_1.exe (QtSDK + Harmattan)
47d06bfc19d4568d8e178b48a9975b5c *3.2012.07-1harmattan-runtime.7z (harmattan emu runtimes dfl61-harmattan_3.2012.07-1)

Mediafire contents from TMO Member huellif.
I uploaded the runtime file which I downloaded from Nokia long time ago, maybe someone could make a mirror this would be highly appreciated.
The md5 checksums are from my own local files.

[Tutorial]

First you should install Madde for fremantle support and the QtSDK (harmattan included) to drive: c defaultfolder (when not, in two files, which I will provide for you as attachment, a path needs to be changed.).

When you only need the harmattan sdk, then you don't need to install Madde and goto step 8-9.
If you don't need the harmattan emulator skip step 8-9.

1. Start a command line

Code:

cd \Madde\0.7.48\tools
mkdir qemu-system-arm-0.13.50-pr13-w32

2. Extract qemu

c:\Madde\0.7.48\cache\qemu-system-arm-0.13.50-pr13-w32.tar.gz
to c:\Madde\0.7.48\tools\qemu-system-arm-0.13.50-pr13-w32\

3. Copy qemu exe and make folder for the runtime files

Code:

cd \Madde\0.7.48\tools\qemu-system-arm-0.13.50-pr13-w32
copy qemu-system-arm.exe qemu-system-arm-0.13.50-pr13-w32.exe
cd ..\..
mkdir runtimes
cd runtimes
mkdir qemu-n900-pr13

4. Extract runtime files for qemu

c:\Madde\0.7.48\cache\RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.tar.gz
to c:\Madde\0.7.48\runtimes\qemu-n900-pr13\

5. Copy information file from attachment (included fixed path)

copy information c:\Madde\0.7.48\runtimes\qemu-n900-pr13\

6. Overwrite Nokia config files from attachment

Nokia folder to c:\QtSDK\QtCreator\share\qtcreator\
(qtversion.xml has a fixed path)

7. check admindir

in file c:\Madde\0.7.48\madlib\perl5\Dpkg.pm
line 19 should look like this:
Code:

our $admindir = "$ENV{SYSROOT_DIR}/var/lib/dpkg";

8. Extract harmattan runtime (3.2012.07-1harmattan-runtime.7z) to c:\QtSDK

9. Install harmattan runtime

Code:

cd \QtSDK\Madde\
postinstall\harmattan-12-runtime-postinstall.bat

There will be an error which we can ignore so press ctrl+c and then j or n doesn't matter.

Wow now you are already done, congratulation hopefully you will have a fresh, fully working sdk for fremantle and harmattan.:)
Now is time to start QtCreator and configure the emulator.

peterleinchen 2017-01-13 22:41

Re: [Tutorial] Install Nokia QtSDK with Emulator for Windows nowadays 2017

And another nice, detailed and useful how-to!

Thank you.
(what about cross-linking from Maemo Regatta thread?)

Halftux 2017-01-14 10:53

1 Attachment(s)
@peterleinchen thank you and done:)

For people who like to install libraries for fremantle with mad-admin and facing problems with dh_shlibdeps, and would like to solve this accordingly this fix, I will attach the patched xdpkg script because it is gone.

File replaces the script in \madlib\ma-cmds
Copy from harmattan madde the madbins dpkg and dh_shlibdeps to fremantle madde and you are done.
This was not working for me.
The xdpkg script and copy, after ready installed lib, the info files ($SYSROOT/madde_xpkgs to $SYSROOT/var/lib/dpkg/info) was for me the right way.

www.rzr.online.fr 2017-01-14 17:07

Anyone could try to make a VM on ReactOS

Halftux 2017-01-15 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr (Post 1521951)
Anyone could try to make a VM on ReactOS

What would be the advantage compared to my debian VM?
Never tried reactos. Looking right now into it.

juiceme 2017-01-15 18:50

I think reactos could well serve as an alternative for people who for some reason need their windoze. Maybe as an intermediate step before going to totally free OS'es :D

Halftux 2017-01-15 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1522024)
I think reactos could well serve as an alternative for people who for some reason need their windoze. Maybe as an intermediate step before going to totally free OS'es :D

I think it is nice free windows OS when you are forced to use some windows software you could run it on reactos and which source you could prove and also pay no license to m$.

A little bit I have the feeling that it is wine with a gui.
Sadly QtSDK installs not probably and madde fails. Will see if copy is a solution.

panjgoori 2017-01-15 19:36

Thank you Halftux. This will be helpful for noobs like me. I have one question, Why do i have to download Harmattan runtime ? Is its also necessary if i only want to play with Fremantle development environment ?

pichlo 2017-01-15 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftux (Post 1522032)
I think it is nice free windows OS when you are forced to use some windows software you could run it on reactos and which source you could prove and also pay no license to m$.

A little bit I have the feeling that it is wine with a gui.
Sadly QtSDK installs not probably and madde fails. Will see if copy is a solution.

That is all fine and it makes ReactOS a viable alternative to have installed on your machine. It may even make it useful to have a ReactOS VM running on a Linux host, to run some Windows applications you cannot avoid (like some accounting software, for example).

But what would be the use of a ReactOS VM for the exclusive use as the development environment for old Nokia phones? If you need a VM anyway, you may as well use any that is available.

Not questioning, merely asking. Out of sheer curiosity.

Halftux 2017-01-15 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by panjgoori (Post 1522033)
Thank you Halftux. This will be helpful for noobs like me. I have one question, Why do i have to download Harmattan runtime ? Is its also necessary if i only want to play with Fremantle development environment ?

No it is not necessary for fremantle only if you would like to have a harmattan emulator.