maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What are the valuable Maemo parts to bring to MeeGo? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=44581)

RenegadeFanboy 2010-02-15 16:57

What are the valuable Maemo parts to bring to MeeGo?

The thing, which first strikes me is that there is no list of what parts will be taken from the 5 years of Maemo legacy.

If anyone is worried, the best would be to try to identify the parts, which should be saved/kept as important advantages. Being through a number of organizational changes, I always find these transition phases the best times to strengthen the good parts and throw out some dead weight, which was just kept around until some better comes.

So, please only list things, which you think should be kept from Maemo legacy (Think learning materials, wiki, community, council members, tools, processes, cultural habits, dev tools, applications, people!)

I will start a separate thread about what could be thrown out during the change, so we can list those as open points or something to expect from the Moblin community, if they have any good practices.

RenegadeFanboy 2010-02-15 17:17

Re: What are the valuable Maemo parts to bring to MeeGo?

One thing I would like to see in MeeGo from the current Maemo community is the forum itself! So,

No. 1. Maemo Talk forums ;)

Stskeeps 2010-02-15 17:22

2. The bugsquad
3. The testing squad

ysss 2010-02-15 17:23

Our karma :D

solarion 2010-02-15 17:32

I'd like to see the Brainstorm stuff come along. It's a good idea. And the garage (although it looks like it's headed over.)

DSP, GPU access should come along too. :)

RenegadeFanboy 2010-02-15 18:12

no. 8. I really would like to see the one-button state-changer in the meego handheld ui too. I just love how I always need to push the same button for desktop, running apps, new app.
(i don't want the long press though.)

It really became second nature to use it.

lcuk 2010-02-15 18:15

the one principle thing we should bring from maemo is our community.
it is our strength and without their help we wouldn't be here discussing anything today.

RenegadeFanboy 2010-02-15 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcuk (Post 527816)
the one principle thing we should bring from maemo is our community.
it is our strength and without their help we wouldn't be here discussing anything today.

What do you think gives its strength to the maemo community? (What are the sources of our superpowers? ;)

mullf 2010-02-15 18:35

We all worship the rat

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenegadeFanboy (Post 527840)
What do you think gives its strength to the maemo community? (What are the sources of our superpowers? ;)

Our helpfulness. Like me noting that you forgot your close parenthesis. :p

Texrat 2010-02-15 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarion (Post 527757)
I'd like to see the Brainstorm stuff come along. It's a good idea. And the garage (although it looks like it's headed over.)

DSP, GPU access should come along too. :)

Good point, and thank you for highlighting a project I can keep working on: I have a Brainstorm process diagram in the works that might actually prove useful...