maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   watch flash 10.1 videos with hardware acceleration on maemo with GNASH? maybe maybe (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71291)

leetnoob 2011-03-21 11:01

watch flash 10.1 videos with hardware acceleration on maemo with GNASH? maybe maybe

1 Attachment(s)
here's a screenshot of the gnu opensource flash plugin in the iceweasel browser in easy debian , as you can see it claims 10.1 compatibility. the faq on the main gnash page says it uses hardware acceleration when provided by ffmpeg and gstreamer.

have there been any attempts to compile this for maemo?

edit: i don't have a dev environment, but please tell me someone who has, has done the

./configure --prefix=/opt
make
make install

dance.

abyn900 2011-03-21 11:35

Re: watch flash 10.1 videos with hardware acceleration on maemo with GNASH? maybe maybe

Even the Tweak Flash plugin application helps u to watch 10.1 flash ..you can try that also. I jus installed it yest and it s working fine till now.

leetnoob 2011-03-21 12:29

Re: watch flash 10.1 videos with hardware acceleration on maemo with GNASH? maybe maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by abyn900 (Post 972312)
Even the Tweak Flash plugin application helps u to watch 10.1 flash ..you can try that also. I jus installed it yest and it s working fine till now.

no, the tweak flash plugin helps you watch flash 9 on websites that only use flash 9 features but still expect you to have 10. and flash 9 has no hardware acceleration.

gnash provides flash hardware acceleration and claims 10.1 compatibility. given all the fuss people make about flash 10.1 i'm surprised nobody has run the 'make' command yet.

kyllerbuzcut 2011-03-21 12:40

*twitches anxiously*
*twiddles thumbs*
*shifts in seat*
come on come on come on................
*mutters*
:)

I'm sure someone with the knowhow will see this thread soon as long as it is kept bumped:)

mece 2011-03-21 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetnoob (Post 972337)
no, the tweak flash plugin helps you watch flash 9 on websites that only use flash 9 features but still expect you to have 10. and flash 9 has no hardware acceleration.

gnash provides flash hardware acceleration and claims 10.1 compatibility. given all the fuss people make about flash 10.1 i'm surprised nobody has run the 'make' command yet.

Ok, Not sure what this is exactly but I'll compile it and see what happens :) stay tuned.

leetnoob 2011-03-21 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mece (Post 972343)
Ok, Not sure what this is exactly but I'll compile it and see what happens :) stay tuned.

i believe the word i'm looking for is : 'w00t!'

clasificado 2011-03-21 13:09

Quote:

it uses hardware acceleration when provided by ffmpeg and gstreamer
I dont know, but ffmpeg or gstreamer has any kind of hardware acceleration on any nokia tablet device?

i dont remember, and i dont think so.

Hardware acceleration is not something that magically happens, you know. It's a per chipset work, and i dont know if the ffmpeg or gstreamer teams have done any work for n900

nos4A2 2011-03-21 13:17

<biting fingernails>Come on.. How much time is it gonna take to compile </biting fingernails>

leetnoob 2011-03-21 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by clasificado (Post 972361)
I dont know, but ffmpeg or gstreamer has any kind of hardware acceleration on any nokia tablet device?

i dont remember, and i dont think so.

Hardware acceleration is not something that magically happens, you know. It's a per chipset work, and i dont know if the ffmpeg or gstreamer teams have done any work for n900

mplayer has hardware acceleration, but i've no idea at which layer. did the mplayer team create hardware accelerated codecs. should the person compiling tbis install mplayer first to get those libraries to link against?

F2thaK 2011-03-21 13:20

this will go nowhere.