maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Design (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   N9 Tap unlock [REQUEST] (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92989)

denizg 2014-04-08 06:09

N9 Tap unlock [REQUEST]

Hi guys,

Was wondering if something like this could be achieved.

Instead of 2 tapping to unlock the screen , I was wondering if someone could implement , a one long tap and hold (2.5 secs) to unlock it.

Thank you!

pichlo 2014-04-08 06:17

Re: N9 Tap unlock [REQUEST]

That sounds like the surest way to unlock the screen accidentally in the pocket/handbag.

denizg 2014-04-08 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1420347)
That sounds like the surest way to unlock the screen accidentally in the pocket/handbag.

are you telling me that the n9 doesn't have the technology my iphone 1 had?

it does not detect fingers?

Boxeri 2014-04-08 06:41

To what technology of iPhone are we refering here? None of the iPhones I have used has been able to identify whether I am unlocking it with my finger, toe, nose or side of my palm. Obviously not counting the new fingerprint technology where I can only choose one of this to be used.

But anyways, I also think this would be cool feature to have. On personal usage I would agree with Pichlo, I would be too afraid to have it on since I often do have my hands tucked to same pockets I might have my phone in.

marxian 2014-04-09 16:00

In /etc/mce/mce.ini, the default policy for touchscreen interrupts is to listen for double-tap when the screen is blanked. There is no option there to listen for long-press, but it does say that the behaviour can be further customised using GConf, so there may be a possibility there. :)

denizg 2014-04-09 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1420347)

well you are dumb. Just tried to double tap , with my finger over a very very thin layer of cotton shirt , and guess what it did not detect it as my finger.

When I have my hand inside my handbag for a mere moment , I make sure to touch my phone screen continuously for 2.5 secs , without moving my finger , no one said ever.

denizg 2014-04-09 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by marxian (Post 1420575)
In /etc/mce/mce.ini, the default policy for touchscreen interrupts is to listen for double-tap when the screen is blanked. There is no option there to listen for long-press, but it does say that the behaviour can be further customised using GConf, so there may be a possibility there. :)

thank you!

Shadwblade2652 2014-04-10 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by denizg (Post 1420609)
well you are dumb. Just tried to double tap , with my finger over a very very thin layer of cotton shirt , and guess what it did not detect it as my finger.

When I have my hand inside my handbag for a mere moment , I make sure to touch my phone screen continuously for 2.5 secs , without moving my finger , no one said ever.

If you have a problem with his answer, then politely respond. Don't insult other people of the community.

sid21177 2014-04-10 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by denizg (Post 1420344)
Hi guys,

Was wondering if something like this could be achieved.

Instead of 2 tapping to unlock the screen , I was wondering if someone could implement , a one long tap and hold (2.5 secs) to unlock it.

Thank you!

if you're willing to wait 2.5 secs - press the power button instead with your thumb

denizg 2014-04-11 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by sid21177 (Post 1420633)
if you're willing to wait 2.5 secs - press the power button instead with your thumb

thanks for missing the original point of the post. not too clever

it's meant to be an alternative , as a touchscreen gesture.