maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Any possible way of getting shortcut/icon on home/lock screen? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99083)

moodroid 2017-03-08 10:21

Any possible way of getting shortcut/icon on home/lock screen?

Hi,

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask this, but is there any possible option/hack/widget etc., to get a shortcut/icon on the home screen or lock screen?

Although it's not that much of a pain to swipe up, and then select your desired phone app (for instance), my concern is that if someone else needed to use my phone in an emergency, they wouldn't be able to figure out how to make a call. Even if they managed to figure out how to get to the phone app, they probably still wouldn't be able to figure out how to make a call, as until you know, the slow slide down to access 'Enter phone number' isn't obvious.

It would be great to have a shortcut to something like 'FastDial' on the home screen/lock screen, as there doesn't seem to be any 'emergency call' option like you get in other OS's.

Thanks

pichlo 2017-03-08 11:10

Re: Any possible way of getting shortcut/icon on home/lock screen?

I always considered many design choices in Sailfish a victory of form over function. Your case is just one of many.

There are precious few things that can help you to get around the "stranger uses the phone in an emergency" situation:
  • If you set up a lock code, you get an emergency call button. I have (luckily) never had a chance to use it but I assume it calls the default emergency number without having to unlock the phone.
  • There is a patch to open the keypad by default when you start the Phone application.
  • Err, that's about it :(
None of them are as desirable as placing a contact directly on the home screen, but I am afraid it is the best you can work with. Heck, Sailfish does not even have a concept of the desktop (even though it insists on recreating the Desktop folder in /home on every restart) or placing a contact in the launcher, so what can you expect :confused:?

Ancelad 2017-03-08 11:56

I have new patch for emergency call to trusted person without device-unlocking, it works as emergency call. But no ETA, I haven't enough time.

mrsellout 2017-03-08 16:02

You can also choose three* shortcuts to place in the pulley menu of the Lock Screen.

*expandable to eight with Ancelad's patch.

tortoisedoc 2017-03-08 18:16

check out quickbar app from harbour. gives quick access to mru.fav/ mfu frkm lockscreen.

coderus 2017-03-08 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancelad (Post 1525031)
I have new patch for emergency call to trusted person without device-unlocking, it works as emergency call. But no ETA, I haven't enough time.

what patch? iirc emergency numbers just stored inside dconf and you can simply edit it.

Ancelad 2017-03-09 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1525053)
what patch? iirc emergency numbers just stored inside dconf and you can simply edit it.

I know, this is renewed devicelock faith-text patch.

moodroid 2017-03-14 18:05

Hi,

I've found out that I can get rid of apps from the launcher by re/moving the .desktop file, but is there any way to control the order of the the apps in the launcher?

Also, just wondered whether there were any qml files associated with the launcher that might allow us to customize it in any way?

Thanks

velox 2017-03-14 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by moodroid (Post 1525408)
I've found out that I can get rid of apps from the launcher by re/moving the .desktop file, but is there any way to control the order of the the apps in the launcher?

Yes, try press-and-hold anywhere on the launcher. Then you can drag and drop or uninstall apps. When you drag icons on top of each other, you create a folder.
Quote:

Also, just wondered whether there were any qml files associated with the launcher that might allow us to customize it in any way?

You might want to check out patchmanager in general and coderus' launcher combined patch (there are many patches for the launcher, this just happens to be my favourite) for your use case for information on how/what to change. Both Patchmanager2 and this Patch are available on openrepos/warehouse. When you look at the patch on github, you can see it changes stuff in /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/Launcher.qml (among other places)

willi6868 2017-03-14 18:35

Quote:

is there any way to control the order of the the apps in the launcher?

According to https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Sailfish...eet#Homescreen the order of the apps is saved in

Code:

/home/nemo/.config/lipstick/applications.menu