maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   HELP ! Calendar is empty all of sudden (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90499)

dipen_sanghavi 2013-06-18 09:38

HELP ! Calendar is empty all of sudden

Yesterday, all of a sudden my calendar showed empty. There was an unexpected reboot & all the entries were missing. I couldn`t figure out what went wrong. I tried restoring the calendar entries (thru ovi suite) from a back-up which is 3 months old. It showed successful restore but the old items are still not showing up.

On searching the forums for help, I couldn`t find out any solution to this. I came to know that all the items of calendar are stored at /home/user/.calendar/calendardb.backup. This file shows the last modified date/time of one day before it crashed.

Can anyone help me how to restore the items from this file, or any other way?

Wikiwide 2013-06-18 13:49

Re: HELP ! Calendar is empty all of sudden

Quote:

Originally Posted by dipen_sanghavi (Post 1352854)
Yesterday, all of a sudden my calendar showed empty. There was an unexpected reboot & all the entries were missing. I couldn`t figure out what went wrong. I tried restoring the calendar entries (thru ovi suite) from a back-up which is 3 months old. It showed successful restore but the old items are still not showing up.

On searching the forums for help, I couldn`t find out any solution to this. I came to know that all the items of calendar are stored at /home/user/.calendar/calendardb.backup. This file shows the last modified date/time of one day before it crashed.

Can anyone help me how to restore the items from this file, or any other way?

I have file "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" - and my Calendar is fine.
So, copy file "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb.backup" to another place (like, "/home/user/MyDocs") just-in-case, and then copy it to "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" - maybe, Calendar will be able to read it, then.
If "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" disappears - I don't know why it would disappear - you will be glad to have a copy of it safe somewhere else (like, in "/home/user/MyDocs").
If Calendar reads the entries - it might require "killall Calendar" in X-Term as non-root - then you will be glad that Maemo backed up your database, and it wasn't lost during unexpected reboot. Merely misplaced.
Best wishes.

dipen_sanghavi 2013-06-18 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikiwide (Post 1352908)
I have file "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" - and my Calendar is fine.
So, copy file "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb.backup" to another place (like, "/home/user/MyDocs") just-in-case, and then copy it to "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" - maybe, Calendar will be able to read it, then.
If "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" disappears - I don't know why it would disappear - you will be glad to have a copy of it safe somewhere else (like, in "/home/user/MyDocs").
If Calendar reads the entries - it might require "killall Calendar" in X-Term as non-root - then you will be glad that Maemo backed up your database, and it wasn't lost during unexpected reboot. Merely misplaced.
Best wishes.

Hey, it did work ! I followed these instructions & reboot the phone..all the calendar items were back.

Is that it or something more needs to be done to ensure safety of the data?

Thanks a lot for the help !

Wikiwide 2013-06-18 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by dipen_sanghavi (Post 1353020)
Hey, it did work ! I followed these instructions & reboot the phone..all the calendar items were back.

Is that it or something more needs to be done to ensure safety of the data?

Thanks a lot for the help !

In regards to Calendar data, that's it.
However, I would recommend finding out the reason for the sudden reboot which caused the problem in the first place. Especially, if such reboots repeat. Because this time auto-backup worked, but I am not sure it would work all the time in the future.
Best wishes.