maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Firefox questions, issues (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83030)

lancewex 2012-03-14 02:18

Firefox questions, issues

So what's the deal with entering a URL in the Firefox address bar and it always adds the extra C in dot com? Please tell me I am not alone here. In case I am....If I type something, then the dot, then com--there is always ".Ccom".

Also, what version of flash does Firefox have on PR1.1. I can not get PR1.2 or download the Flash Player on Ovi, but I just noticed that Firefox does (very poorly) play videos in the browser already.

dsawhney 2012-03-14 02:24

Re: Firefox questions, issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancewex (Post 1179144)
So what's the deal with entering a URL in the Firefox address bar and it always adds the extra C in dot com? Please tell me I am not alone here. In case I am....If I type something, then the dot, then com--there is always ".Ccom".

Also, what version of flash does Firefox have on PR1.1. I can not get PR1.2 or download the Flash Player on Ovi, but I just noticed that Firefox does (very poorly) play videos in the browser already.

No such issue on Firefox/pr1.2 here. If you don't have flash player installed, you are using webm/html5 to play videos in ff.

lancewex 2012-03-14 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsawhney (Post 1179146)
If you don't have flash player installed, you are using webm/html5 to play videos in ff.

Geez, didn't think of that. Duh. Sorry. But I guess I assumed Flash from how poorly it was 'playing'. Really choked on 360p Youtube video.

cddiede 2012-03-14 12:20

I'm having a really stupid problem with Firefox on the N9.

Okay, I slide the screen to the right and reveal the tabs pane. At the bottom I click the "+" icon to access my recent history and book marks.

Problem is that I can't back out of this screen. I must open one of these bookmarks/recent addresses, and then slide the screen to the right again to close it.

How can you access your bookmarks list, but just to look at and edit them without first having to open one of the bookmarks?

automagic68 2012-03-14 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cddiede (Post 1179291)
I'm having a really stupid problem with Firefox on the N9.

Okay, I slide the screen to the right and reveal the tabs pane. At the bottom I click the "+" icon to access my recent history and book marks.

Problem is that I can't back out of this screen. I must open one of these bookmarks/recent addresses, and then slide the screen to the right again to close it.

How can you access your bookmarks list, but just to look at and edit them without first having to open one of the bookmarks?

Just tap above the address bar.

shmerl 2012-03-14 15:27

Yes, I found this annoying as well. I'm not sure if there is even a normal way to get back from that screen without opening some link first. Try asking this here just in case:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=47

shmerl 2012-03-14 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by automagic68 (Post 1179384)
Just tap above the address bar.

On the thin area above? It does nothing (at least for me).

automagic68 2012-03-14 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmerl (Post 1179386)
On the thin area above? It does nothing (at least for me).

To better describe it, I would say the top edge of the screen. I can honestly say it isn't intuitive.

Kozzi 2012-03-14 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by automagic68 (Post 1179388)
To better describe it, I would say the top edge of the screen. I can honestly say it isn't intuitive.

wow thanks for this, i guess this is why romaxa diceded to hide the satusbar as it could get in the way.

afaq 2012-03-14 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancewex (Post 1179144)

Same problem OP.

If we're sharing problems add the following to the list:

- Using swipe every word is capitalised automatically.
- I am unable to copy text within the browser. If i do manage to somehow higlight the text i cannot bring up the option to copy/paste.