maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   BlueMaemo and Playstation 3 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=29083)

VDVsx 2009-05-20 22:08

BlueMaemo and Playstation 3

Hello,

some users requested a better PS3 support from BlueMaemo, I'm tempted to make a PS3 profile, but I don't have a PS3 and don't know which features a PS3 profile should have, so I'm open to suggestions.
I also accept icons suggestions and mockups of the profile, ugly drawings are just fine :) .

Thanks !!!

Cadabena 2009-05-20 22:57

Re: BlueMaemo and Playstation 3

I've got a friend babysitting my PS3 right now, when I get it back in a week or two, I'll have a play around, compare BlueMaemo to how a USB keyboard and mouse work, and post my recommendations.

mobiledivide 2009-05-20 23:11

Granted I don't use PS3 with Bluemaemo much, but when I used it last to browse the web I was able to connect and use the on screen mouse and keyboard very well. I had no problems doing a reconnect either. Is there anything specific I should be looking to do/try out that would help apart from icon requests etc?

Cadabena 2009-05-21 07:29

If I recall correctly, F1-F5 act as some of the buttons on the controller (traingle, square, start, select, and L1 I think). And escape is circle, I seem to remember going back to the previous menu when using BlueMaemo was a pain due to the lack of this button. It's stuff like this you need to look out for, mobiledivide. Oh, and the middle mouse button acted kinda like the PS button.

rjwill 2009-05-24 16:34

the "home" kb button acts as the ps3 button. if this could be added that would be great.

Cadabena 2009-05-31 12:38

Right, ok, this is what I've got from just fiddling about on the PS3:

F1 = Triangle
F2 = Square
F3 = Select
F4 = Start
Enter = X
Esc = O
Windows key = PS button
Arrows = d-pad

Also, I plugged my PS3 controller into the PC, and got these numbers from each of the buttons. I don't know if you'd be able to use these to actually make a gamepad profile. Anyway, the left analogue stick is the X/Y axis, and the right analogue stick is the Z axis. The d-pad is 8 way and comes up as Point of View Hat (?). Anyway, the buttons:

1: Triangle
2: Circle
3: X
4: Square
5: L2
6: R2
7: L1
8: R1
9: Select
10: L3 (Left analogue click)
11: R3 (Right analogue click)
12: Start

The PS button doesn't work on the gamepad in USB mode, but I'm sure the Windows key could be used for that.

Thanks for making BlueMaemo in the first place :D I'd be more than happy to test things for you, hope you find this of use!

kepler 2009-06-15 04:00

Does anybody know the control codes of Blu-ray Disc Remote ontrol
It would be great to have them in BlueMaemo.

Dexter1759 2009-10-14 08:25

Hi All,

Wasn't too sure whether to post this here or in this thread.

Basically, I'm due to receive an N900 when they are released - can't wait! - and would love to use BlueMaemo as a bluetooth keyboard for my PS3.

But I had an idea, have no idea if it's possible, but could the screen be used as a mouse touchpad, just like on a laptop but for the PS3? Utilising the usual tap and double-tap methods (actually, does ps3 use double-tap?!).

Just so you know I'm moving from Nokia N95 long time Sybmian S60 user with very little knowledge of Linux, or even how to program for Linux.

I'm a competent VBA developer and understand programming basics/priniciples, so am hoping to be able to learn some stuff for Maemo once the N900 is released!

optimaxxx 2009-10-30 02:45

is this thread dead!?

r0eladn 2009-10-30 03:22

*feels pulse* nope still good