maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N800 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   N900 refusing to connect to 3g mobile internet (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=64240)

ponch 2010-10-23 14:51

N900 refusing to connect to 3g mobile internet

Since yesterday my N900 has been refusing to connect to mobile inernet via 3g. Everytime i try and select my mobile internet connectio n in the connection manager it will try and connect for a few seconds then the message 'Cellular data not available' shows. Originally i thought it may have just been a network problem so waited to see if there was any improvement. Today i tried my sim in my old phone and low and behold it connected straight away.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: Wrong forum, mods please move

onion 2010-10-23 15:08

Re: N900 refusing to connect to 3g mobile internet

Did you try going offline/online or rebooting?

ponch 2010-10-23 15:34

Tried rebooting, one thing ive noticed is when it tries to connect all signal bars disappear. Presumably this is the problem? I have no idea why it will not hold a signal while trying to establish a connection.

ponch 2010-10-23 15:57

Just been having a look around settings and the phone appears to have set its self to GSM only. Switched back to dual, problem solved. :D

anamorp 2010-10-29 17:04

have you tried updating to PR 1.3 and tried connecting to 3g network again?

i'm having a problem "internet connection failed retry?"

i have tried changing the network mode into dual, GSM and 3G.
rebooted the n900 several times, same thing..

any help?troubleshooting steps to overcome this situation. i really need to fix this problem, i hate reinstalling all the apps again and personalizing my menus. if all else fails, I will be flashing this back to PR1.2

I saw someone on forums having the same exact problem as mine.

http://www.pocketables.net/2010/10/n...34888f03ea970c

magnuslu 2010-11-01 01:46

I just had a similar problem, but worse. Under 'Select Connection', the connection for my 3G service didn't even show up, IDEAS Internet by Singtel in Singapore. This is just after a fresh installation of the 1.3 firmware through PC suite. I now restarted the phone; problem solved.

Now I'll just have to find the time to let the phone reinstall all the apps (900+ Mb...).

Maemish 2020-01-02 07:26

This morning opened my N900, put the 3G data on and tried to browse the net - none of the browser could make a connection to internet. Tried to ping google. Nothing. Tried mSoma internet radio - worked without a problem. Rebooted device - same problem. Shut it down, took of the battery, took of sim, put them back and rebooted. Same problem still. Then tried that I call to my phone with another phone. No problem. After that I could browse internet again. Switch the 3G data connection off, put it back on and same thing happened. Only after I had called to my phone with another phone I could connect to internet with a browser.

Why ping and browser did not work but mSoma internet radio did?

robthebold 2020-01-02 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maemish (Post 1563989)
This morning opened my N900, put the 3G data on and tried to browse the net - none of the browser could make a connection to internet. Tried to ping google. Nothing. Tried mSoma internet radio - worked without a problem. Rebooted device - same problem. Shut it down, took of the battery, took of sim, put them back and rebooted. Same problem still. Then tried that I call to my phone with another phone. No problem. After that I could browse internet again. Switch the 3G data connection off, put it back on and same thing happened. Only after I had called to my phone with another phone I could connect to internet with a browser.

Why ping and browser did not work but mSoma internet radio did?

Could it be DNS problem ? You probably did 'ping google.com' not ###.###.###.### whatever ip google uses near you, I'd guess. You could rule this out next time it happens by trying to ping an ip4 address.

Wish I had a carrier now I could use N900 on to try it, but I chose . . . poorly.

Maemish 2020-09-11 05:07

Now started to have internet connection problem again. Browsers not opening page even though it shows in top bar a good connection. But if I call with N900 to myself (occupied of course) and then open the browser then it works again.

Maemish 2020-09-21 06:20

My solution works also with sending a text message. After that it connects to internet. If I choose to connect automatically to my mobile network (so always on) there are no problems.