maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Fixed] n900 turns off when locked but functions normaly if connected to pc (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=56665)

ahmadamaj 2010-06-19 18:22

[Fixed] device turns off when locked but functions normaly if connected to pc

i flashed with pr1.2 2 days ago. downloaded some apps (nothing from devel) today morning i woke up and found that the phone has restarted at night. but then i noticed that the phone is turning off randomly. i flashed the device (twice so far) but nothing changed, but i always used to restore back up after flashing so i did a third flash without restoring the back but still the same thing. what i noticed is that if i keep the phone connected to the usb cable it will not turn off but once i remove the cable it turns off. also i don't currently have a fast internet to flash the eMMC.

ndi 2010-06-19 19:17

Re: [HELP] device turns off when locked

You sound like a hardware problem candidate.

Download and install battery-eye, check the battery history, to see of the phone powers down due to battery.

Does it reboot/turn off is kept charging from a dumb wall wart, as opposed to a USB chord?

ahmadamaj 2010-06-19 19:24

i noticed that what happens is that everything goes black, it doesn't look like a normal turn off. and now it won't start unless i flash.
pluging into the wall causes reboot loops when it locks and it keeps charging between reboot loops.

quipper8 2010-06-19 19:25

the contacts on my battery got spread to far out once and would lose contact when the phone was moved.

took a small screwdriver and bent them closed a little more

ahmadamaj 2010-06-19 19:27

when i connected it back to the usb cable everything went back to normal, i can start the device and use it if i keep it connected. i dont have to choose mass storage or pc suite mode.

ahmadamaj 2010-06-19 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by quipper8 (Post 721986)
the contacts on my battery got spread to far out once and would lose contact when the phone was moved.

took a small screwdriver and bent them closed a little more

did you have similar symptoms to mine? do you have a pic of what you did exactly plz?

ahmadamaj 2010-06-19 19:45

Re: [HELP] device turns off when locked but functions normaly if connected to pc

i switched auto lock off. unplugged from the usb cable. waited till the screen went black--> wouldn't come back when i clicked it, press the power button, lock slider, plugged it back to pc and it didn't turn on. i had to remove the battery and plug it into pc to turn it back on.

festivalnut 2010-06-19 20:10

Re: [HELP] device turns off when locked but functions normaly if connected to pc

i'm sure the cpu frequency gets locked when connected to pc, maybe therein lies the clue? have you used a custom kernel or overclocked? if still under warranty i would take it back to nokia, if not or if you've already overclocked (thus voiding the warranty) perhaps play around with the frequencies.

ahmadamaj 2010-06-19 20:56

i downloaded the enhanced kernel and set minimum to 500. still doesn't work

ndi 2010-06-19 21:24

Try to pin it. Min=max.

What does battery-eye say?