maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   RAI Italian TV live streaming (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=23895)

fgs 2008-09-26 14:36

RAI Italian TV live streaming

Hi,

Italian national TV company RAI has recently started live streaming via Web. Four stations available:
  1. Rai Uno
  2. Rai Due
  3. Rai Tre
  4. Rai News 24

Streaming works with default ITOS media player, but not with mplayer/kmplayer (tested on N800 with Diablo). That's why I am posting here rather than sending it to WorldTV99 people.

I hope you enjoy :)

TA-t3 2008-09-26 15:16

Re: RAI Italian TV live streaming

Nice.. if I just could figure out how to get those links into the media player. Browser doesn't start it, and media player doesn't have an edit/paste menu, and the links are too long and tricky to enter by hand.

maxilogan 2008-09-26 15:38

Quando riusciremo a farlo funzionare... sarà la mia salvezza! che non tutti in casa vogliono guardarsi la F1 la domenica pomeriggio, ed occupano le tv con altre cose :D

WHever it will be working, it will be great for me, since not everyone in my house (no one in fact) wants to see F1, and they keep the TV busy with other programs :D

fgs 2008-09-26 16:00

Here are the instructions for adding the stations (one at a time) to built-in Media Player:

1. From Media Player, open menu > Clip > Add media bookmark
2. Name: the name of the station (e.g. Rai Uno)
3. Web address: the address of one of the links above
4: Type: video stream
5. Press OK
Now the station is added to the Video catalog.

You can copy from the address bar in the browser and paste into the 'Web address' field in the above screen (copy/paste can be done through the button in the bottom left corner of the on-screen keyboard.)

I thought to attach an .m3u playlist file to the first post, but .m3u attachments are not allowed at the moment. I asked for this feature in another thread. When .m3u is allowed I will edit the first post of this thread.

mrklaw 2008-09-26 17:10

Thanks, can't wait to try it out.

thaldyron 2008-09-26 17:34

The only one that seems to work for me is Rai 3. I cannot connect to the other stations.
Edit: I guess the server's checking if the IP address is located in Italy...

TA-t3 2008-09-27 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by fgs (Post 227699)
(copy/paste can be done through the button in the bottom left corner of the on-screen keyboard.)

Thanks! I was so intent of pasting, as opposed to writing, that I didn't even think of bringing up the onscreen keyboard, where indeed it's possible to paste from. So that part went fine.

Now the problem is that the file format isn't supported.. this could possibly be because I use the media player in OS2007. Argh.
EDIT: Actually it doesn't work anywhere.. so it could be something else.

igor 2008-09-27 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaldyron (Post 227730)
The only one that seems to work for me is Rai 3. I cannot connect to the other stations.

You are not missing anything.

Everytime I happen to be in some hotel I invariably end up trying to watch something in italian (hell, after 4 years of speaking almost only english I can barely complete a sentence in italian without unconsciously switching back to english in the middle of it) and it is invariably Rai1 and I remember why i am not subscribed to it on the TV cable at home.

It's either some horrifying talk show or some dubbed tv movie or, even worst, some italian "historical" drama that looks like a soap opera.

And Berlusconi, of course, plenty of him.

One more good reason for staying abroad and not watching italian tv.

stale 2008-09-27 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaldyron (Post 227730)

I don't know if it checks for client location by IP addess, but I suspect they will stream only their own content, not restricted contents like movies, TV series and international sport events.

I'm in Italy and in this moment from my PC I can't see RAI DUE (TV series) and RAI TRE (movie).

lobilo84 2008-09-29 20:50

I'm italian. If you want know how to see rai in live streaming for free

you can go to this italian site:

http://www.yalp.alice.it/

you find rai 1 rai 2 rai 3 rai news euronews and other channels

in italian language.

you don't have to share any software, just watching on this site.

bye