maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [MeeGo] What are your TOP 2 Missing Apps? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87899)

ikkysleepy 2012-11-17 00:15

[MeeGo] What are your TOP 2 Missing Apps?

I don't use many apps, even when I had an Android, but I do find that even the bare min apps are missing on my N9. I created my transportation/movie apps to fill the void but still my N9 needs more apps.

Here are my top two apps that would help fill my app void:
  1. Yelp
  2. Google Voice Search

What are your TOP 2 Missing Apps?

[Edit] I actually menat google voice search

geneven 2012-11-17 00:27

Re: What are your TOP 2 Missing Apps?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikkysleepy (Post 1295120)
I don't use many apps, even when I had an Android, but I do find that even the bare min apps are missing on my N9. I created my transportation/movie apps to fill the void but still my N9 needs more apps.

1. Yelp
  2. Google Voice

Believe it or not, the N9 still hasn't achieved one of the easiest apps of all -- correct me if one has appeared.

It doesn't have an app that allows you to make flashcards. The N900 has about five of them.

When I mentioned this six months or so ago, I was told that it was still early for the N9. How's that Flashcard app development going, developers?

I also have't seen a decent text to speech app yet. Android has some that are very impressive, such as Dragon Go. I use one that comes with beta Swype all the time. I think I could actually write a novel with it. If I could write a novel.

That's two.

ikkysleepy 2012-11-17 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by geneven (Post 1295122)
Believe it or not, the N9 still hasn't achieved one of the easiest apps of all -- correct me if one has appeared.

It doesn't have an app that allows you to make flashcards. The N900 has about five of them.

When I mentioned this six months or so ago, I was told that it was still early for the N9. How's that Flashcard app development going, developers?

I also have't seen a decent text to speech app yet. Android has some that are very impressive, such as Dragon Go. I use one that comes with beta Swype all the time. I think I could actually write a novel with it. If I could write a novel.

That's two.

Flashcard app , mmm like this one?
http://store.ovi.com/content/314915?...channel=&pos=1

Ch.Saqib 2012-11-17 00:30

1. Skype video call
2. Skype video call

zdanee 2012-11-17 00:34

TeamViewer, but since I sold my N9 (that I got instead of my N900 from Nokia) it's irrelevant...

geneven 2012-11-17 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikkysleepy (Post 1295123)

Finally! Great!

uvatbc 2012-11-17 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikkysleepy (Post 1295120)

1. Yelp
  2. Google Voice

Regarding Google Voice: have you tried qgvdial?

thedead1440 2012-11-17 04:52

Like I mentioned in your Next BART thread, a local transportation app :D
Hopefully, StefK's efforts cover this...

Secondly, I would want a proper Mail client with proper push-mail support not like fenix on the n9...

Dazsa 2012-11-17 05:39

Facetime (kidding!)

My 2 tops:
- Photoshop Express
- Skype video call

AMD 2012-11-17 06:33

1- Viber
2- Temple Run :P