maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N9 / N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Old Xbox yields tons of roms. (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83555)

balisingh 2012-04-10 17:44

Old Xbox yields tons of roms.

I packaged my dusty xbox (original/modded) to keep in storage but not before taking some good stuff from it. Particularly a complete library of hard to find roms.
I know there is an emulator for n9. I will try and post back.

don_falcone 2012-04-10 18:55

Re: Old Xbox yields tons of roms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by balisingh (Post 1190487)
I packaged my dusty xbox (original/modded) to keep in storage but not before taking some good stuff from it. Particularly a complete library of hard to find roms.
I know there is an emulator for n9. I will try and post back.

You mean real XBOX "roms" (=XBOX games) or those for systems emulated _on_ the XBOX? In the first case, i call BS and you probably don't know what's the situation regarding XBOX emulation. Even the cxbx (2)/dxbx guys went not too far with their attempts on relatively powerful machines running Windows. It's the nature of HLE together with all those different XDK versions that need individual adaption, when the emulator uses HLE (actually mapping XDK calls to WinAPI) to shows _some_ performance.
See cxbx compatibility.

Kangal 2012-04-11 04:25

Anything beyond the PS2 is diffi-imposible to emulate, the complexity grows exponentially.

You do have the GameCube, which I will address as "not worth it" given its lack of good titles.

Xbox might get patched/polished up, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Those contributors are now working on iOS/Android Apps.

Tedri Mark 2012-04-11 04:39

Seeing as the OP said that he knows there is an emulator for the N9 i think it's fairly safe to say that he means roms for emulators on the xbox..

Kangal 2012-04-11 05:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tedri Mark (Post 1190614)
Seeing as the OP said that he knows there is an emulator for the N9 i think it's fairly safe to say that he means roms for emulators on the xbox..

Oh I see that makes sense.
So he had emulators on his Xbox, and he wants someone to use it and re-create them on the N9, because he has a lot of pirated game roms.

umm......no!

balisingh 2012-04-11 07:54

well the snes and gba ones work great with emumaster. I am going to buy that for money. I just hate the on screen controls, i wish i had a n950. Whats a man to do when mario is under his thumbs?
Can we get a hell yeah for a Nintendo 64 emulator on n9?

balisingh 2012-04-11 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by don_falcone (Post 1190503)
You mean real XBOX "roms" (=XBOX games) or those for systems emulated _on_ the XBOX? In the first case, i call BS and you probably don't know what's the situation regarding XBOX emulation. Even the cxbx (2)/dxbx guys went not too far with their attempts on relatively powerful machines running Windows. It's the nature of HLE together with all those different XDK versions that need individual adaption, when the emulator uses HLE (actually mapping XDK calls to WinAPI) to shows _some_ performance.
See cxbx compatibility.

its not what i meant but its great to know. Whats HLE?

Hurrian 2012-04-11 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by balisingh (Post 1190654)
its not what i meant but its great to know. Whats HLE?

High level emulation = directly translating console's code to host processor's executable code.

GrimyHR 2012-04-11 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kangal (Post 1190609)
Anything beyond the PS2 is diffi-imposible to emulate, the complexity grows exponentially.

You do have the GameCube, which I will address as "not worth it" given its lack of good titles.

Xbox might get patched/polished up, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Those contributors are now working on iOS/Android Apps.

both gamecube and wii are far beyond ps2 and are emulated almost perfectly
btw gamecube has more good titles than ps2, ps3 and xbox 360 combined, and emulating it is worth it just for ssb, mario kart and re4 alone :P

Kangal 2012-04-11 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimyHR (Post 1190675)
both gamecube and wii are far beyond ps2

Not at all. They are better, but not by a huge stretch you're making it out to be.

Quote:

and are emulated almost perfectl

GameCube works fullspeed on high-end Windows PC's.
Last time I checked Wii wasn't working properly.
The PS2 was working fullspeed only (some issues) on high-end Windows PCs.

Quote:

btw gamecube has more good titles than ps2, ps3 and xbox 360 combined, and emulating it is worth it just for ssb, mario kart and re4 alone :P

...that's hilarious.
Those are titles are not good at all, they're only good for people who are addicted to the franchise. I know many people who don't enjoy SSB, whereas they enjoy "regular" titles from 360.

Well let's just agree to disagree, but you are wrong and I am right ;)