maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Confused: Feb "Stuff" magazine has ad for N900 + Ovi Store (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39807)

Barts 2010-01-09 00:12

Confused: Feb "Stuff" magazine has ad for N900 + Ovi Store

so.i live in the uk and i like to treat myself to a magazine called stuff, which is basically a gadget magazine. it had a review of my beloved N900 and gave it 3 stars. each to their own. anyway onto my confusion, i flick through the mag to find a 2 page advertising spread on the N900, and to quote 'from facebook to BBC iplayer,and from video broadcast app qik to city guides and games, the ovi store has an ever growing list of apps to enjoy'. well that's fantastic seeing as the ovi store says coming soon and i cant find a bbc iplayer app anywhere, it also says fifa 10 is available for the N900 in the advert but yet i can't find it anywhere. i'm just so confused.

OrangeBox 2010-01-09 00:16

Re: confused

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barts (Post 460330)
so.i live in the uk and i like to treat myself to a magazine called stuff, which is basically a gadget magazine. it had a review of my beloved N900 and gave it 3 stars. each to their own. anyway onto my confusion, i flick through the mag to find a 2 page advertising spread on the N900, and to quote 'from facebook to BBC iplayer,and from video broadcast app qik to city guides and games, the ovi store has an ever growing list of apps to enjoy'. well that's fantastic seeing as the ovi store says coming soon and i cant find a bbc iplayer app anywhere, it also says fifa 10 is available for the N900 in the advert but yet i can't find it anywhere. i'm just so confused.

Don't be confused. The N900 is not what it's advertised to be.

Barts 2010-01-09 00:41

probably not, but i love it anyway, just confused as to why they would advertise all the stuff available which clearly isn't

OrangeBox 2010-01-09 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barts (Post 460369)
probably not, but i love it anyway, just confused as to why they would advertise all the stuff available which clearly isn't

Nokia is so behind in the smartphone sector that its involvement is not even mentioned in any reputable market research of the smartphones.

Nokia is simply trying to buy time by misrepresenting the facts.

Barts 2010-01-09 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBox (Post 460376)
Nokia is so behind in the smartphone sector that its involvement is not even mentioned in any reputable market research of the smartphones.

Nokia is simply trying to buy time by misrepresenting the facts.

well i thought you were just pointing out your views, but upon stumbling across some of your other posts it's oobvious to me that you're on these forums to spread the apple gospel and condemn to hell anything that is nokia. mental note to self, take what you say with a pinch oof salt.

OrangeBox 2010-01-09 01:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barts (Post 460450)
well i thought you were just pointing out your views, but upon stumbling across some of your other posts it's oobvious to me that you're on these forums to spread the apple gospel and condemn to hell anything that is nokia. mental note to self, take what you say with a pinch oof salt.

Did you also stumble upon my post where I stated that I don't own and will never own an Apple product? Touche...

Barts 2010-01-09 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBox (Post 460453)
Did you also stumble upon my post where I stated that I don't own and will never own an Apple product? Touche...

maybe it was a different orangebox that started the islate kills all comers thread and ' the apple inovation train has it's steam at full throttle'. strange praise to a company whose products you dont and never will own

real_per 2010-01-09 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barts (Post 460330)

That sounds quite bad about the ad. Sure it might hold promises about what we can expect from the Maemo store, but it's not very smart to "lie" to your potential customers in your advertising.

Could you scan or take a picture of the advertising ?
I haven't seen it anywhere.

Oh and, I can see why your're confused, but Fifa, City Guides and a BBC iplayer isn't anywhere to be found, so you're not doing anything wrong.

yorg 2010-01-09 01:50

it maybe a screwup of the magazine or even better, things may get delivered this month!

OrangeBox 2010-01-09 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barts (Post 460465)
maybe it was a different orangebox that started the islate kills all comers thread and ' the apple inovation train has it's steam at full throttle'. strange praise to a company whose products you dont and never will own

I am not worthy and dumb enough to own Apple products. I also don't like the company's philosophy and Steve Jobs' uber control freakism.

BUT I admire their innovative spirit and the products they make.