maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why not give it a try? "Meego OS for Nokia Smartphones 2017" (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99361)

tortoisedoc 2017-05-30 04:54

Re: Why not give it a try? "Meego OS for Nokia Smartphones 2017"

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilango (Post 1528547)
I´m agree. OLED is a Killer Feature from N9
Yes i can install sofia-SIP but for this i wrote VoIP integration ON UI

I dont like to have an SIP-App, I like to have Contact-List with Numbers on normal telefonie and SIP (and Skype for these that still use Skype)

For me its not an Propblem if Nokia put Maemo or Sailfish on there Phone but mit N9 like UI

Or put N9 UI under GPL and publish Sources

Huh?
Harmattan sources were all available afaik (except hw drivers)

juiceme 2017-05-30 05:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by tortoisedoc (Post 1528556)
Huh?
Harmattan sources were all available afaik (except hw drivers)

Actually lot of the middleware is still closed. Think about, for example the emoji handling bug in N9 where received message is silently discarded if it contains some special characters.

The fix by @thp is a binary patch on top of the messaging system, and why? Because sources for the original are not available... :(

tortoisedoc 2017-05-30 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1528559)
Actually lot of the middleware is still closed. Think about, for example the emoji handling bug in N9 where received message is silently discarded if it contains some special characters.

The fix by @thp is a binary patch on top of the messaging system, and why? Because sources for the original are not available... :(

is that middleware part of harmattan? or odm specific?

juiceme 2017-05-30 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by tortoisedoc (Post 1528562)
is that middleware part of harmattan? or odm specific?

The whole Meego/Harmattan OS/Middleware/Interface combo was in a sense "ODM specific" since there only ever were 2 devices released, N9 and N950 which both came from the same "ODM", namely Nokia :D:D:D

There were open parts of course, the kernel and quite a few OS components. I still have the source DVD somewhere... However massive amounts of stuff were never released in the open.

ibrakalifa 2017-05-30 13:01

We talk nonsense here, will never happened at all, except all the developers going away from the 'comfort' zone of iOS + droid, how sad is that? We almost have no choice, go for iOS or droid only ( recently)

Build up a new harmattan on newest hardware available, throw that 1020 camera in, and gives all developer big amount of money to develop on this platform, and give them benefit from app 'market/store'...dream...now let's sleep...again

juiceme 2017-05-30 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa (Post 1528580)
We talk nonsense here, will never happened at all, except all the developers going away from the 'comfort' zone of iOS + droid, how sad is that? We almost have no choice, go for iOS or droid only ( recently)

Nonsensical choice, let's just say I ain't taking that pill :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa (Post 1528580)
Build up a new harmattan on newest hardware available, throw that 1020 camera in, and gives all developer big amount of money to develop on this platform, and give them benefit from app 'market/store'...dream...now let's sleep...again

build up... throw in... give money... ?
Who exactly are you talking about here now, have you not heard the news yet; Nokia is not in the mobile phones business anymore.

ibrakalifa 2017-05-30 17:58

Who exactly are you talking about here now, have you not heard the news yet; Nokia is not in the mobile phones business anymore.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to op, and who exactly are you? Are you nokia themselves?

juiceme 2017-05-30 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa (Post 1528589)
Quote:

Who exactly are you talking about here now, have you not heard the news yet; Nokia is not in the mobile phones business anymore.
Tell that to op, and who exactly are you? Are you nokia themselves?

No, of course not. My opinions are not Nokia's opinions and so on, the standard disclaimer text applies here. I of course know nothing of business decisions as being on the very lowest level possible. :D