maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   N900 Working Bluetooth Mouse (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=57427)

rebelnoob 2010-06-30 17:48

Re: N900 Working Bluetooth Mouse NOW!!!

if an application is available in extras-devel i would try!!

asys3 2010-06-30 19:02

I just installed the mouse driver, connected my bt mouse and saw the arrow.
But I can't move it :mad:

Is there a device created by the driver on which I can do a tail or cat?
So that I can see if there comes any input from my bt mouse?

Regards,
asys3

smoss 2010-06-30 19:44

€hampion!! This is awesome!!!! hope it works with quake 3

freemangordon 2010-06-30 19:50

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by azerty1 (Post 735701)
Somehow I got the pointer to appear on the browser, but lost it after showing and hiding their large cursor, couldn't make it reappear even after going to youtube and playing a video... BTW, are you able to click/right-click scroll in the browser with your bt mouse? My guess is that it only reacts to BTN_TOUCH and ignores all the others... I'll need to try a few other things.

Maybe it is because the method you are using for showing up the cursor. You can try this instead :

edit following line in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/04b_start_matchbox
/usr/bin/matchbox-window-manager -theme $THEME -use_dialog_mode static -use_cursor yes &

Assuming you already have changed transparent cursor to good one then above should give you visible mouse cursor even in moving dots screen(right after reboot). It disappears after a while (hildon desktop hides it) but opening a site with flash (not sure if you need to open flash in full screen, but give it a try) should restore the cursor even in browser. Did not investigate this further, but seems great adobe product sets root X window cursor to its own.

Re your question - I am not able to use mouse in microb, and it seems that not only BTN_TOUCH event is expected, but some pressure threshold too. Recently I was on the way of modifying evdev so instead of BTN_MOUSE a BTN_TOUCH event to be generated on left click, but didn't have time to do it :( .

Please find attached archive with bluetooth.ko module for both kernel-power37 and original nokia kernel(PR1.2). This one should cure laggy mouse movement. Just in case both modules are incompatible with your kernel - the actual patch is in hci_event.c, function hci_mode_change_evt :

/*if (!test_and_clear_bit(HCI_CONN_MODE_CHANGE_PEND, &conn->pend)) {
if (conn->mode == HCI_CM_ACTIVE)
conn->power_save = 1;
else
conn->power_save = 0;
}*/

I think you can use hci_event.c from attachment as direct replacement, as I think this file is same in both PR1.1.1 and PR1.2

Give it a try (backup your own bluetooth.ko just in case), the worse that could happen is that one will lose bluetooth until original module is copied back.

In attached zip you can find my version of evdev.c, so you can diff it with yours, just in case my extraterrestrial programming skills have added something valuable there :D

Thanks for your efforts on this matter, and if you need help - count on me

Regards and sorry if my English is not so good

F2thaK 2010-07-01 01:21

damn i wanna try this

KingKobraone 2010-07-01 10:25

hey

i have the same problem

touchscreen and Keyboard dont work

what can i do ?

only flash?

wifi and bluetooth are disabled =(

freemangordon 2010-07-01 12:18

azerty1: Will you please update you initial post and include some kind of advice for user to set WiFi to automatic before copying evdev_drv (and to install ssh if not already), so in case touch/keyboard is unusable after reboot one to have option to log into the system and restore evdev_drv

KingKobraone: you can try to bring up USB network (using Linux, not Windows) , ssh in the system and restore original evdev_drv.so.

KingKobraone 2010-07-01 12:49

i have ubuntu on my pc at home:rolleyes:
but i donīt know this fukntion.:(
thanks for this information than i dont flash the device now
first i will try this

you have maybe some tutourials or something?:confused:
have you icq msn skype ??

sry my english is not good

KingKobraone
(german)

jackspost 2010-07-01 13:16

hello,

typing

./xsetroot -showmouse

gets

-sh: ./xsetroot: Permission denied error.

Trying to chmod +x don't work.

I can add Logitech MX900 Mouse, but can't connect. bluetooth symbol stay gray, not blue.

Why is there a permission denied?

thanks for any help!

add:

Ok nice, now it works.
had to move N900-BluetoothMouseSupport folder to /home/user to set user rights.

Also following this thread to connect Logitech mouse:
http://talk.maemo.org/archive/index.php/t-33517.html

is there a way to autostart this on boot-up?

freemangordon 2010-07-01 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKobraone (Post 737033)
i have ubuntu on my pc at home:rolleyes:
but i donīt know this fukntion.:(
thanks for this information than i dont flash the device now
first i will try this

you have maybe some tutourials or something?:confused:
have you icq msn skype ??

sry my english is not good

KingKobraone
(german)

First of all you should have ssh installed on your device, otherwise the only option is reflash.

Here http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_USB_networking is wiki page with instructions re USB networking. As you cannot type ifup usb0 on n900 try to bring up usb0 on ubuntu box after attaching usb cable (same ifup usb0 command) - hopefully this will bring up usb0 on n900 too as it is set up as auto in /etc/interfaces. If above seems complicated here http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware is wiki page with instructions on howto reflash