maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [request] Light metering app (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=56208)

das_schlumpfie 2010-06-14 20:01

[request] Light metering app

i know there is an app that detects the amount of light (lux?) , but what im talking about this an app that allows you to select your chosen aperture size, and the app gives you the appropriate shutter speed according to the light condition. just like a light meter used for photography.

if i recall correctly, there is some of a similar nature on iphone, so it shouldnt be 'too' unachievable?

thanks for reading, anyone feels they need an app like this too?

and anyone willing develop such app? i believe it would be appreciated by many of the photographers here using mechanical cameras like myself.

thanks in advance.

noobmonkey 2010-06-14 20:04

Re: [request] Light metering app

Quote:

Originally Posted by das_schlumpfie (Post 715036)
i know there is an app that detects the amount of light (lux?) , but what im talking about this an app that allows you to select your chosen aperture size, and the app gives you the appropriate shutter speed according to the light condition. just like a light meter used for photography.

if i recall correctly, there is some of a similar nature on iphone, so it shouldnt be 'too' unachievable?

thanks for reading, anyone feels they need an app like this too?

and anyone willing develop such app? i believe it would be appreciated by many of the photographers here using mechanical cameras like myself.

thanks in advance.

Can't remember if healthcheck (in devel) reads the lux value or not?
But while that may take a little while to get in there you could use a QueenBee icon on your desktop and make use this command :)

Code:

cat /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0029/lux
(That will just read the lux value as a number)

das_schlumpfie 2010-06-14 20:28

hi, yea well actually there an app called lux i think , that does exactly what you desribed about queenbee.

but if theres an app that allows user to put in their aperture size and gives the appropriate shutter speed,and vice versa , that would be amazing.

noobmonkey 2010-06-14 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by das_schlumpfie (Post 715087)
hi, yea well actually there an app called lux i think , that does exactly what you desribed about queenbee.

but if theres an app that allows user to put in their aperture size and gives the appropriate shutter speed,and vice versa , that would be amazing.

is there a calculation - or formulae that will give the correct answer? (I mean on the net etc) - sounds quite simple.

das_schlumpfie 2010-06-15 03:44

hi, is there@@ i will search later.

Cisst 2010-06-15 14:37

If you input the command that noobmonkey provided in queen beecon or command execustion widget, you get a lux value you then can convert to shutter speed and aperture settings here: http://www.exposurecalc.mobi/ (uses a simple javascript so you should be able to save the page locally)

should work well enough in absence of a real application :)

das_schlumpfie 2010-06-15 14:38

hi, thanks for your reply, i didnt understand what you said about saving it locally, can you explain in further details>?

thanks

Cisst 2010-06-15 15:06

If you visit a page in the browser you can save the page your viewing by opening the browser menu and choose "save page as" and save the page at your preferred location. Afterwards you can open the page from your filebrowser and put a bookmark on your desktop for easy access.

lostinmirkwood 2010-06-15 15:29

Wow, this seems simple enough to do, I would add it to Ansel-A, If I thought it was appropriate, but since it's not; maybe I'll just make it into an application. It's actually something I've always wanted to own.

noobmonkey 2010-06-15 15:41

hehe i agree lostinmirkwood - it does seem like a 10 minute piece of work (With a few days for packaging etc hehehe!)

I still think the website and / or a script via queen bee might be a good idea (The second probably working just as the user wishes)