maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   pySafe - for personal information security (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40108)

jaguilar 2010-01-11 19:04

pySafe - for personal information security

5 Attachment(s)
PySafe is using Python and stores the user data in a SqLite database, with the information encrypted by a user defined password (required to start the program).

vr. 0.9.13
- Fixed auto-lock freezing the program (bug #6264)
- Added button to make it read-only
- Added text, details, items and groups copy/paste
- Fixed bug in dialogs cutting text
- Big text field now scrolls
- Added help
- Added read-only start configuration

vr. 0.9.12
- Added German translation
- Fixed issue that avoids disable auto-lock (bug #6262)

IMPORTANT: in this version the auto-lock is disabled due to a problems when showing the menu or other dialogs (the program freezes)

vr. 0.9.11
- Fixed issue when showing non-latin character in detail

vr. 0.9.10
- Changed dependencies (to avoid the Python-Qt4.7 update with extras-devel enabled)

vr. 0.9.9
- Disable auto-capitalization in detail fields

vr. 0.9.8
- Fixed bug inserting a new item with another item selected

vr. 0.9.7
- Added dutch translation

vr. 0.9.6
- Added italian translation
- Fixed french and spanish translations
- Fixed mal-function of auto-rotation
- Fixed minimum value for auto-lock

vr. 0.9.5
- Added lock timer
- Added rotation config
- Added settings windows
- Fixed issue with latin translations

vr. 0.9.4
- Fixed issue when importing from external files

vr. 0.9.3
- Added new French translation

vr. 0.9.2
- Corrected problem with French translation

vr. 0.9.0
- Add a progress bar while importing external data
- Include column with timestamp in database
- Fixed more issues when using non-latin language
- Fixed rotation

vr. 0.8.2
- fixed issue with non-latin languages
- fixed issue when importing from Handy Safe Pro (XML) with the item containing only one detail

vr. 0.8.1
- trying to fix problems with dependencies

vr. 0.8.0
- search function
- order the details
- edit the labels

Attachment 10514
Attachment 10515
Attachment 10516

The 3 buttons on the left are used to add/remove a group/item. The button in the middle is to perform a search. And the other 4 buttons are to ordering the details, add a detail and edit the labels/details.

To edit a label, if is a group/item, just double-tap the label. If is a detail, press the last button, and in the list that will appear, double-tap the label.

To edit multiline details double-tap the text-field, and a big field will be shown.

The find button has two functions: initially will show the find dialog. While performing a search, press the button again will search next. A long-press clear the search and show the dialog again.

In the first usage, if using a previous version, a wizard will be shown to help in the update process.

I strongly recommend that the previous version database file is not deleted, as a backup.

For those who wants to translate the messages and the help for another language, here are the files:
help: Attachment 15832

To report any issues or request a feature, use the Garage, please!

antoarts 2010-01-11 19:09

Re: pySafe - for personal information security

One picture says more than a thousand words, some screenshots would be great, and some more info (what does this application do different from others of it's kind?)

That could encourage more people to test it out

jaguilar 2010-01-18 14:18

New version

- add portrait mode (read-only)
- add portuguese language

If someone wants to translate to other languages, please PM me.

gLobster 2010-01-18 14:22

What you think about PC desktop application & sync ? And import & export from handy safe :) ?

robbie 2010-01-18 14:31

My vote goes to keepass(x) compatibility for desktop sync.. :)

Rob1n 2010-01-18 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbie (Post 479987)

The problem would be that KeePassX (from what I can tell) has a fixed set of fields, whereas pySafe looks to allow any fields.

robbie 2010-01-18 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob1n (Post 479994)
The problem would be that KeePassX (from what I can tell) has a fixed set of fields, whereas pySafe looks to allow any fields.

I understand that that might come in handy at some point. I haven't had such a situation though. And you always have the note field to store extra info.

The problem is that i don't want to enter passwords twice. Once on my N900 (or PC) should be enough. And then an rsync command (or similar) to update the other version.

I tried compiling keepassx for N900 but it doesn't work well. I can read/edit the database but the interface ***** on the N900. Your interface looks nice and clean.

ARJWright 2010-01-18 15:07

Now, if this can be tied to the browser/IM applications as a means to authenticate these logins, and then probably to an OpenID account, this kind of app can get really fun. It wouldn't just be a collection for storing info, but the keys too.

soeiro 2010-01-18 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaguilar (Post 464859)
It is in the extras-devel, named pySafe. I used python.

The dabatase is cryptographed (using Blowfish algoritm) and compacted.

First time the program is started, it asked for a password, and confirmation for a database creation, asking again for the password (for check in typing mistakes). After that, create groups, and inside a group an item. And in the item, the details.

The database is automatically saved when the program is closed.

Any issues, please, let me know! :)

Hey, thanks for the simple and great application. I have two additional suggestions:
  • Can you port pySafe to a standard Linux Desktop? That way we could use the same database on the desktop and on the N900 device...
  • What about adding a small ícon for items and groups? (Ok, just sounded like keepassx, but it would be a nice touch)

jaguilar 2010-01-18 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by gLobster (Post 479972)
What you think about PC desktop application & sync ? And import & export from handy safe :) ?

I believe that build a PC application can be done easily, if someone knows how to build it in Python with a GUI! The heart of the program is how data is saved and recovered, which have no mistery.

But import and export from Handy Safe I really don't know! The Handy Safe's version that I bought is old, and don't have this feature...so I don't know the format that it export the data.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbie (Post 479987)

The problem, as Rob1n said, is that KeePassX have a fixed format. It will be necessary to develop a way of pySafe understand that format in both ways: from KeePassX to pySafe and from pySafe to KeepPassX!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARJWright (Post 480051)
Now, if this can be tied to the browser/IM applications as a means to authenticate these logins, and then probably to an OpenID account, this kind of app can get really fun. It wouldn't just be a collection for storing info, but the keys too.

This is a good idea! I think that is a lot of work....but could be funny! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by soeiro (Post 480072)
What about adding a small ícon for items and groups? (Ok, just sounded like keepassx, but it would be a nice touch)[/LIST]

I'm fighting against Hildon to understand it....and put a simple icon in a button! But some decorations is in my mind!