maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N9 / N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   How to use Global Address List on N9? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83159)

venturi 2012-03-21 13:07

How to use Global Address List on N9?

Hi all,

There has been a discussion on Nokia website regarding how to look up corporate contacts from GAL?

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...9/td-p/1285473

I still did not be able to access my corporate contacts yet. Anybody knows how to use it?

I've enabled the GAL setting from the accounts but they are not visible on the contact list. Also I do not know how to search a corporate contact on my phone? Also tried to delete and add the account, no change.

Any help is appreciated...

Ynohtna 2012-03-21 18:32

Re: How to use Global Address List on N9?

for me, i set up mfe to google and when i start typing a name in the to field it will automatically search for me. It's how i used it on the n8 as well

venturi 2012-03-21 18:57

Mine is searching over the contacts on my phone only. Is it only me facing this problem?

Ckris 2012-03-22 04:45

Hi,
0. Enable "global address list" in preferences
1. go to the contact list
2. locate search field
3. type few character of the person name
4. As you are typing, list is getting shorter and on the bottom "Search in Microsoft Exchange" icon will appear
What I found is that "allow data on background" has to be enabled before searching, otherwise it doesn't trigger connection and reports "no user found".

Hope this helps

venturi 2012-03-22 07:14

Great explanation Ckris thanks. Although I've followed all your steps I only see Skype search under contacts, nothing about Exchange server.

I don't know what s going wrong here??

PhatApteryx 2012-03-22 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by venturi (Post 1182636)
Great explanation Ckris thanks. Although I've followed all your steps I only see Skype search under contacts, nothing about Exchange server.

I don't remember enabling anything on mine but it does work exactly as described above... I will look again to see if there is some other trick

Ckris 2012-03-22 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by venturi (Post 1182636)

I can speculate only, but is seems as your N9 didn't enabled Contacts by some reason.
Few (sorry obvious) things to re-check:
GAL works only on 1.2. (which you have, otherwise there will be option to turn them on/off)
To enable you need to manually switch them on in Accounts/Exchange Email/Global Address List (as did per your post)
Does GLA works for Symbian or iPhone users connected to the same Exchange server?
Does your email and calendar work?
Is there special APN you should use?

venturi 2012-03-23 15:17

All settings looks ok on the phone. I'm perfectly using the exchange server and calendar is updating as it should be.

I'm using the regular internet apn or the wifi at home.

I'll try a re-flash if there is no other solution.

venturi 2012-03-24 10:33

Reflash Didn't work...:-(

Situation is still the same.I've opened another topic in Nokia discussions.

Ckris 2012-04-14 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by venturi (Post 1183538)
Reflash Didn't work...:-(

Situation is still the same.I've opened another topic in Nokia discussions.

Not sure if this will help, however search works only from the Contacts app, not from Telephone app, not when adding contacts to the mail message. Only in Contacts you see the Search in Exchange icon on the bottom of the contact list.
Also data connection should be already active and "allow connection in background" must be set to ON. If those condition are not fulfilled icon is visible, but then you get "no data found".