maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Buy & Sell (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   UK N900 FREE with contract - anyone ordered? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=31814)

richie 2009-09-17 22:02

UK N900 FREE with contract - anyone ordered?

Hi

Just noticed that the N900 is available in the UK with t-mobile or vodafone,

http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/...62/p26078.aspx

curiously mobilephonesdirect say they run Nokia Retail shops.

Rich

epoch24 2009-09-17 22:26

Re: Anyone order the N900 on contract?

they do this much is true, but hot damn finally on contract and that too not that expensive . This is good news because carphonewarehouse always follows suit, so should be there soon. Hey thanks for this bit

mhotep 2009-09-17 22:36

Wow. Is that a mistake? Wish I could get it for that price in USA.

epoch24 2009-09-17 22:44

nope not a mistake, say whatever but these guys have the best phones for the most competitive prices, I got my N97 from them at a price which was really unbelievable.

Don.Chiaretto 2009-09-17 23:12

Would the PAYG N900 on Vodafone be SIM-locked already? Otherwise looks like a sweet, sweet deal.

epoch24 2009-09-17 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don.Chiaretto (Post 328859)
Would the PAYG N900 on Vodafone be SIM-locked already? Otherwise looks like a sweet, sweet deal.

not very likely, they do the same stuff as carphonewarehouse, you get it subsidised because you pay for the sim and the top up, for all they care throw the sim away and use what ever network you fancy, but it registers as a sale for the network. Very rarely do stores like these have locked mobile phone. If you buy from a network store though chances are it will be locked.

DannStarr 2009-09-18 01:28

Hmmmm, this is why you don't pre order when you first get the chance!!

I do so hope that these are unlocked and unbranded / tampered with in any way

richie 2009-09-18 21:47

Been in Nottingham today and went to Orange, Carphonewarehouse, t-mobile and 3 shops. T-mobile say end of October. Carephone say come back next month. 3 look to have the best coverage, but the sales chap was useless, same for Orange. Though t-mobile and Orange are merging.

On mobilephonesdirect, it's very difficult to know if t-mobile data access is better than vodafones. T-mobiles plan say the include unlimited web, but then say a £1 a day and not clear if you can use their wifi hotspots. Very confusing.

Of the plans shown on mobilephonesdirect, t-mobie and vodafone, besides map coverage, does anyone know if it is better to go with one or the other?

Rich

dansus 2009-09-18 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie (Post 329505)

On mobilephonesdirect, it's very difficult to know if t-mobile data access is better than vodafones. T-mobiles plan say the include unlimited web, but then say a £1 a day and not clear if you can use their wifi hotspots. Very confusing.

Of the plans shown on mobilephonesdirect, t-mobie and vodafone, besides map coverage, does anyone know if it is better to go with one or the other?

Rich

Both Tmob and Voda offer 1gb FUP on their basic plans. With Tmob, you can upgrade to 3gb and 10gb for extra cash.

Choice depends on reception, i use Tmob Web an Walk Plus (+£5) and im happy as it doesnt block any services other than Voip.

WnW allows you unlimited access to Tmobile hotspots and 300mins pm on BT Openzone.

It looks like CPW will offer it on O2, they have a good data plan with 3gb allowed and unlimited BT Openzone but the network is shagged with all those iphones on the network.

Reggie 2009-09-18 23:26

Re: UK N900 Free on contract - anyone ordered?

Changed the title a bit. I hope you don't mind Richie.