maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [SFOS] Laufhelden - Sport Tracker for Sailfish OS (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100052)

bocephus 2018-05-07 07:20

Re: Laufhelden - Sport Tracker for Sailfish OS

Where are these sound files in different languages and versions located, and can I remove them without breaking something? I suppose they will be reinstalled with each update. Already in the thread are mentions of Spanish, Italian and Swedish being worked on in addition to English and German - and male and female versions. I don't want all these wave files on my device, no matter how compressed they are. I don't even know that I would utilise these voice prompts at all, but if I did it would be in English and that's it.

Don't take this as an attack, but I detest when translations are bundled with main packages. They should be offered separately for those who need them - especially when we're talking sound recordings and not text. So my suggestion is that instead of adding these recordings in, you make a separate package; "Laufhelden - Additional Voice Language Support" or something.

jdrescher 2018-05-13 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by bocephus (Post 1544036)
Where are these sound files in different languages and versions located, and can I remove them without breaking something? I suppose they will be reinstalled with each update. Already in the thread are mentions of Spanish, Italian and Swedish being worked on in addition to English and German - and male and female versions. I don't want all these wave files on my device, no matter how compressed they are. I don't even know that I would utilise these voice prompts at all, but if I did it would be in English and that's it.

Don't take this as an attack, but I detest when translations are bundled with main packages. They should be offered separately for those who need them - especially when we're talking sound recordings and not text. So my suggestion is that instead of adding these recordings in, you make a separate package; "Laufhelden - Additional Voice Language Support" or something.

You can find those files on your device in /usr/share/harbour-laufhelden/qml and from there in the subfolders audio/, units/, headers/ and numbers/.
Your suggestion makes a lot of sense. Problem is only it needs to be done and my time and resources as a developer are limited. If you are into developing, you can always make a pull request and contribute to the app.

jdrescher 2018-05-13 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by claustn (Post 1543975)
I would like to contribute translating it to italian, how can I do it?

You need an account on github. And then you can fork the app and add a new language file: harbour-laufhelden-it.ts to the folder /translations.
Then you do your translation in that file. Afterwards you create a pull request.

jdrescher 2018-07-26 08:53

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys. As you may have noticed I changed the layout/style of the main page with the last update. However due to me not being a designer, I am still not satisfied with the new design. Especially the upper part of the page is still not very nice at the moment.
Problem is, I didn't want to just copy the design of meerun or some other app.
Maybe one of you guys has a better idea. I am free to all suggestions :)

carlosgonz 2018-07-26 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrescher (Post 1546590)
Hi guys. As you may have noticed I changed the layout/style of the main page with the last update. However due to me not being a designer, I am still not satisfied with the new design. Especially the upper part of the page is still not very nice at the moment.
Problem is, I didn't want to just copy the design of meerun or some other app.
Maybe one of you guys has a better idea. I am free to all suggestions :)

looks good @jdrescher better than before, of course that could be more revamped. will useful for the designer that you share some metaphor for it.

eson 2019-04-25 05:42

@jdrescher Would it be possible to add motor sports to the sports activities, like racing and rally? :)

hias 2019-09-10 20:57

Is this still actively developed?

robthebold 2019-09-11 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by hias (Post 1560152)
Is this still actively developed?

I see activity on github about 4 months ago, but I don't think there's been a new release since late last year. The little running man on the icon is still wearing his "Santa cap".

rinigus 2019-09-11 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by robthebold (Post 1560188)
I see activity on github about 4 months ago, but I don't think there's been a new release since late last year. The little running man on the icon is still wearing his "Santa cap".

There is surely no point in updating that dude - it will be relevant in no time.

pasik 2019-10-27 18:39

From OpenRepos: "Please note that I am back to Android and therefore the future of this app depends on other developers who are willing to step in".