maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Jolla Tablet (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Jolla TABLET User Experience Thread (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96050)

KylliOrvokki 2015-10-14 10:00

Jolla TABLET User Experience Thread
 
I thought we could start separate thread for Jolla Tablet user experiences. (similar than for Jolla phone)

This would keep delivery-, etc. threads clean.

Some external reviews:
http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/11/l...-jolla-tablet/
http://www.techanics.com/mobile/joll...id-app-support
http://www.argyllfreepress.com/2015/...tional-swipes/

Give your own review here and discuss about Jolla TABLET experiences!

Edit:
It would be also interesting to know what Applications people have installed Successfully to Jolla Tablet outside Jolla store and where to get it.

coderus 2015-10-14 10:13

Re: Jolla TABLET User Experience Thread
 
no jolla tablet outside store until all preorders are shipped, only some rare second hand ones.

tortoisedoc 2015-10-14 10:21

Re: Jolla TABLET User Experience Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1485485)
no jolla tablet outside store until all preorders are shipped, only some rare second hand ones.

Second hand Jolla tablets? Where? :D:D
Coderus, he's talking about apps btw

KylliOrvokki 2015-10-14 10:22

Re: Jolla TABLET User Experience Thread
 
I corrected first post little bit. Maybe its more clear now?
Excuse my French. Its even worse compared my English.

coderus 2015-10-14 10:24

Re: Jolla TABLET User Experience Thread
 
lol, sorry :D

gaelic 2015-10-14 11:00

Re: Jolla TABLET User Experience Thread
 
I got mine yesterday and used only the browser for a short while. The display is ok, but the speed is compared to the phone not increased (slow "hickup" scrolling in the browser, etc)

I'm thinking about selling it here as I do not really know what to to with a tablet in general, and especially with the Jolla as there are almost no applications available ... and if I want to run Android applications it's better to buy an Android tablet.

EDIT: what's a bit sad is that it is not possible to sync application settings with the phone. So either I configure e.g mail by hand or I have to copy the config via ssh. Nothing a normal user would ever do.

tortoisedoc 2015-10-14 11:27

Re: Jolla TABLET User Experience Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gaelic (Post 1485492)
I got mine yesterday and used only the browser for a short while. The display is ok, but the speed is compared to the phone not increased (slow "hickup" scrolling in the browser, etc)

I'm thinking about selling it here as I do not really know what to to with a tablet in general, and especially with the Jolla as there are almost no applications available ... and if I want to run Android applications it's better to buy an Android tablet.

EDIT: what's a bit sad is that it is not possible to sync application settings with the phone. So either I configure e.g mail by hand or I have to copy the config via ssh. Nothing a normal user would ever do.

Where are you located?

KylliOrvokki 2015-10-14 11:48

Re: Jolla TABLET User Experience Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gaelic (Post 1485492)

I'm thinking about selling it here .

maemo.org > Talk > Devices > Buy & Sell
http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27

gaelic 2015-10-14 11:51

Re: Jolla TABLET User Experience Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KylliOrvokki (Post 1485500)
maemo.org > Talk > Devices > Buy & Sell
http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27

I just mentioned I'm thinking about it, so what?

MisterMaster 2015-10-14 12:34

Re: Jolla TABLET User Experience Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gaelic (Post 1485492)
I got mine yesterday and used only the browser for a short while. The display is ok, but the speed is compared to the phone not increased (slow "hickup" scrolling in the browser, etc)

I think next update should help with that(at least one Jolla sailor said something like that).


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45.

vBulletin® Version 3.8.8