maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Facebook feed disappearing (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87567)

imaginaryenemy 2012-10-25 14:23

Facebook feed disappearing

I hate to start a new thread because I am sure someone else has to have had this problem in the past, but searching for it was no help.

As the title states, everytime I click on a Facebook entry in my feeds on my notification screen it opens up the Facebook app fine, but when I go back to my feeds all Facebook entries from the last update (I have it update hourly) disappear. Twitter and RSS feeds do NOT have this same problem.

I read that someone once had an issue when commenting on an entry it would disappear from the feeds screen afterwards, but there was no fix mentioned.

The problem appeared after last Facebook update. I had PR1.2 at the time, and this error was one of the reasons I finally flashed to PR1.3. Unfortunately, it did not fix this problem.

Please help!

panukooo 2012-10-25 17:48

Re: Facebook feed disappearing

Yes mee to we need help

imaginaryenemy 2012-10-26 18:39

Clearly, this is not a problem many people encounter...

If no one has a solution, does anyone have any ideas of possible causes? Obviously, since it is only happening to the Facebook feed, there has to be some information that is gathered from that, right? Could it be a memory issue?

I have tried all possible "simple" fixes I could think of. Since the problem was present before and after flashing, I couldn't imagine that would make a difference if done again.

Any insight at all would be appreciated.

stickymick 2012-10-26 18:47

From what I can tell, Facebook are always pi$$ing about with things at their end, changing APIs, that sort of thing....... generally being a PITA TBH.
I get fed up with it on my N900. They messed up fMobi and Sociality for over a week. I've just started getting log-in errors in Sociality again and no updates at all, can't get anything really.

snooky 2012-10-27 20:41

i have the same issue... but i don't think it's facebook related... i think it's since pr1.3?! not sure...

kai_en 2012-12-17 04:09

Is there by any chance all of you are using FasterN9 1.0.1? I noticed this behaviour too but only very recent.

soryuuha 2012-12-17 07:55

recently i have the same problem with stock fb. Feed just.wont appear at homescreen. Then i shiftover to sociality....shiuld be good

XiliX 2012-12-17 08:42

I have this problem too, just press refreshbutton again, and your facebookfeeds will re-appear.

imaginaryenemy 2012-12-17 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by kai_en (Post 1305270)
Is there by any chance all of you are using FasterN9 1.0.1? I noticed this behaviour too but only very recent.

I have FasterN9 installed (1.1.3, not 1.0.1), but the problem has been there far before I ever tried any of the versions of FasterN9.

XiliX 2012-12-17 16:45

i am not using faster n9...