maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Proposal] Rearrange Maemo forums to allow other devices/OS to participate (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84020)

ivgalvez 2012-05-02 11:56

[Proposal] Rearrange Maemo forums to allow other devices/OS to participate

A rearrangement of the forums would be useful to let more people participate here. There are some projects directly related to Nokia devices and Maemo/Meego that would benefit from that, but it would also allow more projects to participate in this same community

My proposal would be:

1. In section OS / Platform add "Mer / Nemo / Plasma Active / Sailfish" section, and move relevant threads to there. Try to coordinate with people at these projects and encourage them to participate here.
2. Archive section OS2006 / Maemo 2 / Mistral - Scirocco - Gregale
3. Add a section for Nitdroid. Coordinate with Nitdroid guys to move all the stuff from Nitdroid forums here, if they agree.
4. In section Devices merge subsections for Nokia N810/N800/N700. We will create new sections for upcoming devices.
5. The old section might be less visible to avoid clutter in the main page.
6. Study the possibility to add a tag system in the Software section so you could have a thread about an application applying to one or more devices / OSes. That might help to filter threads for an specific platform.

Edit: I have added a poll regarding the subforums organisation (proposal number 6) as it seems to be the most controversial.

Edit: Added Sailfish to Mer platform. Removed Vivaldi from devices until we have real hardware.

GrimyHR 2012-05-02 12:38

Re: [Proposal] Rearrange Maemo forums to allow other devices/OS to participate

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivgalvez (Post 1200724)
A rearrangement of the forums would be useful to let more people participate here. There are some projects directly related to Nokia devices and Maemo/Meego that would benefit from that, but it would also allow more projects to participate in this same community

My first proposal would be:
- In section OS / Platform add Mer / Nemo / Plasma Active section, and move relevant threads to there. Try to coordinate with people at these projects and encourage them to participate here.
- Archive section OS2006 / Maemo 2 / Mistral - Scirocco - Gregale
- Add a section for Nitdroid. Coordinate with Nitdroid guys to move all the stuff from Nitdroid forums here, if they agree.
- In section Devices merge subsections for Nokia N810/N800/N700 and create a new section for Vivaldi.
- The old section might be less visible to avoid clutter in the main page.
- Study the possibility to add a tag system in the Software section so you could have a thread about an application applying to one or more devices / OSes. That might help to filter threads for an specific platform.

i would like this, but only if maemo threads wouldnt be mixed with other, so no meego/tizen/mer or whatever applications, games or similar mixed in with maemo ones unless they work on maemo also
everything should have a separate subsection

immi.shk 2012-05-02 14:39

i entered this page with bad thoughts.. but your suggestions are Good.. :)

although do Consider Talk.Maemo.Org is one of the Finest, neatest and Best forum.. ^_^

ivgalvez 2012-05-02 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimyHR (Post 1200742)
i would like this, but only if maemo threads wouldnt be mixed with other, so no meego/tizen/mer or whatever applications, games or similar mixed in with maemo ones unless they work on maemo also
everything should have a separate subsection

That is actually happen in the Software subforum and something to fix. Some threads are not clear to which device are related.

MartinK 2012-05-02 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivgalvez (Post 1200783)
That is actually happen in the Software subforum and something to fix. Some threads are not clear to which device are related.

What about some parent-poster specified platform tags ? Might be used for filtering, show up under the headline (if enabled)...

Arie 2012-05-02 15:31

I agree with forum rearrangement, we also need to add in that Harmattan needs it's own development and applications forums too. Not just a Meego/Harmattan section and a N9/950 section.

Estel 2012-05-02 15:37

+1 to whole idea, as long as it will also allow configuring "active topics" per user profile, so some sections could be hidden.

/Estel

imo 2012-05-02 16:15

Between we already been noticing that meego/harmattan N9 threads are all over the front page ,though meego/harmattan for N900 is kind of forgotten or left aside totally .Just indicating.Besides i hope maemo does not fade between all other OS/platforms .

immi.shk 2012-05-02 17:27

shouldn't their be a section for Hardware Mods

just like Estel's(well most of them actually ;))
HDMI-Out for N900
Camera cover MOD
Mount for telescopic trivet MOD
mugen-cover-power MOD
& Latest :)
[Pre-Pre-Pre Announce]Black Aluminum replacement body & backcover for N900

&
dr_frost_dk's
Homemade 3000mAh XL Battery

& Lots more under
USB hostmode(HEN)

and some mods(i wish in near future) like
N900 Dual Sim Mod
N900 Dual(Analog) Sim Mod
Chinese Zoom lens on N900 Mod
Solar Charger Mod ;p
IR port Data Transfer MOD
FM transmitter walkie-talkie(Press to talk) Mod
USB Analog/Digital Tv tuner Dongle on N900 MOD(i wish i wish i wish :))
Open Data Card USB Dongle to work on N900 MOD(another wish)

just felt they need a Separate category

Quote:

Since if Software are intellectual power of N900, Hardware Mods are its Physical power

sifo 2012-05-02 17:41

maybe this is out of the thread but i hope that will be a fast conversation like chat if possible faster than PM this will keep us here more and so its not necessary to move to a social
network. sounds crazy ?