maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   [Announce] MeMailSettings (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82046)

Sergey_Kashin 2012-02-02 07:35

[Announce] MeMailSettings

Hi all,
here is a small application that will help you to "hack" your MfE/Email accounts. Recently I wrote about this application in Email/MfE thread.
All sources can be found on GitHub. It is quite small application that allows you to change your MfE/Email accounts settings (in theory it can be used to change settings in any account) and map you account's standard folders.

It is my first experience (and experiments :) ) with QML.

.deb package is attached. First of all let me explain how it works. On the first page you should click on an account that you'd like to edit. On the second page you will see the list of ALL account's settings (currently they are shown as Strings). You looking for a setting(s) that you want to change, changing it(them) and then clicking on a "save setting" button in a menu.

Now, about some "hacks":
1) As far as I remember there were a question about "how to sync all emails from my MfE account". Here is the answer:
All you need to do is to set the MfE account's setting "email/past_time" as 0 (and click "save setting" button after that of course :-D ).

2) And about downloading full message's MIME. MfE accounts have 2 settings: "email_mime" and "email/email_mime". If you want to enable it then change both settings to "TRUE".

WARNING and NOTE:
1) The first 'hack' might confuse you a bit, because after that you will see sync back mails option as "3 days" value in the accounts application (plus it might overwrite this setting in the DB, so it's better to not save it at all (or even not open mail account settings)).
2) This application (MeMailSettings) is made by my self and it is not the Nokia app.
3) If you will change something to an invalid value your account(s) can become "wild" and do something nasty, so please be careful and change anything only on your own risk.
!!!!THIS IS NOT SOMETHING RECOMMENDED TO DO. DO IT IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK !!!!!!!

Changelog (since version 0.0.6):
0.0.6: Fixed bug with mime support setting.
0.0.7: UI updated (new icons and etc. in the application). Icon added. P.S. Big thanks to Anton Magaev for patches :)
0.0.8: Fixed bug in folder's mapping. Added easy tweak mode (currently only two tweaks for MfE accounts are added).
0.1.0: Added "force protocol version" tweak, so now it is possible to sync your Hotmail exchange account with N9 :cool:

thedead1440 2012-02-02 12:17

Re: [Announce] MeMailSettings (First Alpha version)

hi could you explain what dependencies are required as it says missing dependencies during installation.

Sergey_Kashin 2012-02-03 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1159383)
hi could you explain what dependencies are required as it says missing dependencies during installation.

Argh, sorry... I compiled it for PR1.2. I suppose it asks for some Qt updates.
So, I need to re-compile it for PR1.1. I'll attach a new package a bit later.

UPD: done, check first post. new version is available and it is compiled for PR1.1 too :)

jhwan 2012-02-04 11:19

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the .deb! Is there a way to apply hack number 1 to non mfe accounts? I see the email/past_time option for my mfe account but not for my other mail account. Thanks again!

thedead1440 2012-02-04 12:22

hi,
another query. is it possible to change some settings to allow for emails in folders other than inbox to be reflected in the phone in MfE. My inbox has all the emails as my MfE server but sent or other folders only show which i sent from the phone and not the complete ones on the server.

EDIT: P.S. can the limit on only 5 MfE accounts be lifted?

zappAtom 2012-02-05 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin (Post 1159302)
P.S. Later I want to add folders mapper into this application for the servers that do not support XLIST.

Yes, please! I hope this becomes part of the mail client by default but still it is better than nothing if you could add support for this!

Thx!

Sergey_Kashin 2012-02-06 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhwan (Post 1160354)
Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the .deb! Is there a way to apply hack number 1 to non mfe accounts? I see the email/past_time option for my mfe account but not for my other mail account. Thanks again!

I need to check it, perhaps there is no way to do it (you are always can click on "get more messages" button in fenix :rolleyes: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by zappAtom (Post 1161002)
Yes, please! I hope this becomes part of the mail client by default but still it is better than nothing if you could add support for this!

Thx!

Probably, I'll add this functionality on the next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1160370)
hi,
another query. is it possible to change some settings to allow for emails in folders other than inbox to be reflected in the phone in MfE. My inbox has all the emails as my MfE server but sent or other folders only show which i sent from the phone and not the complete ones on the server.

EDIT: P.S. can the limit on only 5 MfE accounts be lifted?

In theory, of course yes :) To do so you'll have to change in mfemail.service file this string:
Code:

<setting name="accounts_limit" type="i">5</setting>
and this is the only way to do it (ignore that setting in the account :) ).

Sergey_Kashin 2012-02-06 08:47

So, version 0.0.4 is ready.
Changelog:
* Implemented save all changed settings by one click. Group settings by setting's group: Global, Email, Contacts etc.

I noticed a bug for settings that got the same name (like "enabled"), but in different services. So, be careful with such settings.

rajveer 2012-02-09 00:07

Hi Sergey, thanks for creating this tool! I'm trying to enable HTML with my Hotmail account (even though it's technically not supported), however I've changed "email_mime" and "email/email_mime" to "TRUE" with no luck. Any advice?

Sergey_Kashin 2012-02-09 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajveer (Post 1162459)
Hi Sergey, thanks for creating this tool! I'm trying to enable HTML with my Hotmail account (even though it's technically not supported), however I've changed "email_mime" and "email/email_mime" to "TRUE" with no luck. Any advice?

The only advise is to reboot the device. And if it still not works, hmm. Currently not sure why, but looks like that sometimes as-daemon ignores account changes made by MeMailSettings. Will check it and post my investigations here a bit later.