maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   DialCentral 0.9.0 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=27319)

epage 2009-06-01 12:29

Re: DialCentral 0.9.0

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunanson (Post 292434)
Thanks, yes, it showed up after a couple of hrs of building contacts on the googlevoice/PC web site. And it now in Contacts of DC and my honey can click to dial. Mission completely accomplished. Thank you ALL.

bun

To make it a bit snappier, you can take those GoogleVoice contacts and export them to CSV. You then place them in the folder "~/.dialcentral/contacts". The option will then appear in the addressbook selector for "File: FILENAME".

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyt (Post 292478)
I have to inter my callback number every time I start DialCentral 9.8. It remembers my username/password, Contacts and Recents. If I go to GC mobile web page my callback number is still set.

On N800 using GrandCentral not GoogleVoice.

I'll try and look at this tonight to see if there is a bug with the callback number for GrandCentral not being properly saved/loaded for settings.

epage 2009-06-02 02:25

Ok, I just promoted 0.9.9 with a SMS button from the dialpad, condensed data (and more data) in messages tab, and hopefully some fixes for GrandCentral.

Note: GrandCentral is a bit of a pain for me to test, certain features are disabled. I highly recommend people switch if they can. If they can't and you run into some issues, be prepared to help me help you. I've created some scripts that scrape a decent amount of information for me to help diagnose the issue.

mrdally204 2009-06-02 07:58

hi epage,
Thanks for the update again! I do like how you brought the sms button into the main view. One thing I noticed and I am not sure how it functioned before was that after my recent callers number there is an (unknown) in each of them. I also love the names being in the sms section. is it possible to incorporate this in the recent calls list as well? One last question, have you given it any more thought in making the messages auto update and notify of new messages? That is about the only other option I can think of adding to this beautiful program. I hope my requests aren't coming off as being a pain, just simply trying to give you some user feed back. keep up the great updates

EDIT: of course I thought of 1 other thing that could be added ;) you mentioned earlier in a post that dialcentral can make use of a phone book of sorts in a csv file. would it be possible to incorporate an option to store new names/numbers to said csv file. I found myself the other day trying to store a number and did not have a great way to do so. had to add it as an event in my calendar till I got home :)

epage 2009-06-02 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdally204 (Post 292864)
hi epage,
Thanks for the update again! I do like how you brought the sms button into the main view. One thing I noticed and I am not sure how it functioned before was that after my recent callers number there is an (unknown) in each of them. I also love the names being in the sms section. is it possible to incorporate this in the recent calls list as well?

Its possible to do, just through the annoying way instead of the easy way. The nice thing is I did most of the annoying work with voicemail/sms, so it should be a lot faster to do.

Quote:

One last question, have you given it any more thought in making the messages auto update and notify of new messages? That is about the only other option I can think of adding to this beautiful program. I hope my requests aren't coming off as being a pain, just simply trying to give you some user feed back. keep up the great updates

I think I'm still going to avoid this.

Quote:

EDIT: of course I thought of 1 other thing that could be added ;) you mentioned earlier in a post that dialcentral can make use of a phone book of sorts in a csv file. would it be possible to incorporate an option to store new names/numbers to said csv file. I found myself the other day trying to store a number and did not have a great way to do so. had to add it as an event in my calendar till I got home :)

Yeah, sure, just add adding of contacts. Next you will want full contact support, just like when I implemented SMS ;)

I did implement evolution contact support also. Unfortunately I am unsure what magical combination of things makes it unable to read from the tablets builtin contact list. It'd be annoying to debug on the tablet and I've never been able to get the sdk working. Ideally, that would be the best way to go. I'll try and keep this in mind if I can get a working sdk to look into making evolution support work on the tablet as well as the desktop.

EL_EASY 2009-06-02 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by epage (Post 292907)
Originally Posted by mrdally204 View Post

One last question, have you given it any more thought in making the messages auto update and notify of new messages? That is about the only other option I can think of adding to this beautiful program. I hope my requests aren't coming off as being a pain, just simply trying to give you some user feed back. keep up the great updates

I think I'm still going to avoid this..

why do u want to avoid it?.. it will be the best feature u can add. Also in the messages tab, all messages come out half screen instead full and no date yet, it show minutes and hours you talk only. byway thank for add name keep u good work!!!

bcomnes 2009-06-03 00:31

Wow! Thanks for developing this!

epage 2009-06-03 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL_EASY (Post 293112)
why do u want to avoid it?.. it will be the best feature u can add. Also in the messages tab, all messages come out half screen instead full and no date yet, it show minutes and hours you talk only. byway thank for add name keep u good work!!!

Notification I think is best left to another app that builds off of my code. I made it a lot easier to do that by implementing sms support in the first place. Reasons? Not the greatest, but:
  • It would be best done as an applet and I am unfamiliar with doing applets
  • I would be concerned with not deterministically affecting battery life which adds more work to such a project.
  • I personally don't need it because my cell phone is in my pocket and notifies me of a message. Maybe others feel the same way and wouldn't want the power drain?

Messages not showing completely is a known issue and I hold off on it because I'm not sure what the best route to take with it is. Instead I consider the tab a summary view and in the phone/response selection dialog is where you can read the entire message.

Shows the hours and minutes you talk? I'm wondering if you are refering to the "2 h", "10 d", "5 w" items? Those are how many hours, days, and weeks ago the message was left.

epage 2009-06-04 00:06

Started a new thread for the freshly released 1.0

The only real change is names in the recent tab.

bcomnes 2009-06-17 06:28

It would be rad if this could be turned into a background task and have indicators on when SMS messages come in.

george_seifert 2010-12-22 17:53

I just installed DialCentral. The install seemed to go without a hitch, but when I start it nothing happens. The app manager thinks it's there. What happened?