maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Support all the great moderators here (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=51671)

rnb89 2010-05-02 20:00

Support all the great moderators here

I know I might not have many post or Karma to gain support of many of you but I really feel that Texrat handled the situation of the P1.2 Leak very well last night.

For starters, I was up awake last night reading the topic from the 1st post till page 52 and finally went to sleep.

Texrat would pop in every 2 pages to remind everyone that the Firmware was not Official, that it is a leak and that it may cause damage to the phone/computer..

I believe he made some really good choices cos of the following..

- Shutting down the thread would have caused everyone to move to other non moderate-able forums where noobs might have been flashing away all night..

- A Rom is a Rom.. unless Nokia's PR official steps in and claims the ROM its free for distribution. When the days of custom Roms and Modded Roms come (if they ever) would you consider them to be illegal as they contain some bits of nokia's proprietary code and Ban the Rom cookers? Well that doesnt sound too "Open " to me.. I agree that Nokia CAN stop this but this is NOT Nokia Support Forum!!

- It was the first Rom leak for the n900. Who would have known what is the "right' course of action.:confused:

- It was Friggin 3am!!! He was up all night just to remind the ppl that the rom might be buggy, laggy or may even brick your phone.. Give the guy some credit and stoop convincing him to Resign.

Texrat :cool:.. ur awesome:).. Dont resign..

nosa101 2010-05-02 20:01

Re: Support Texrat for being a great modreator

I am nosa101 and I approve of this message

sajman 2010-05-02 20:03

take a bow son

tusharmax 2010-05-02 20:04

here goes my support :)

viraptor 2010-05-02 20:05

Texrat++
People who are aware if they might've made a mistake (doesn't matter whether it was true or not) are better than new guys with no experience :)

kingzeus 2010-05-02 20:05

Someones kissing ***

fatalsaint 2010-05-02 20:05

I doubt it'll change anything but Tex always has my support.

Nipperoid 2010-05-02 20:06

i agree, Texrat handled it perfectly

Laughingstok 2010-05-02 20:07

I hate Texrat and hope he burns in the blazing fires of hell!

Corwin 2010-05-02 20:08

I really agree and expecially appreciate the competent and calm way Texrat handles things. He *is* a southener, after all ;)

Greetings from Bavaria,
Corwin