maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PR 1.3 LITTLE changes with HUGE DISAPPOINT!!! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=64397)

danramos 2010-10-27 09:36

Re: PR 1.3 LITTLE changes with HUGE DISAPPOINT!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhamza (Post 853005)
Would you be more specific?
what is wrong with starting a post?
what is wrong with posting replies?

Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to lower your tone of voice. You're disturbing the other passengers on this plane. Sir. Sir! Lower your voice! :)

WereCatf 2010-10-27 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhamza (Post 853005)
what is wrong with starting a post?

Crying foul over features that were never even promised to begin with?

ossipena 2010-10-27 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdesai (Post 852759)
Well he doesnt need to ask you or anyone where to give his views. Someone just being dis satisfied doesnt mean he is venting his frustration. May be he doesnt find forum.nokia good enough, may be he finds interaction and responses here better, all developers are here so he just expresses his thoughts and wanted to knw what others feels. if u dont like it ignore it, Take it or Leave it !

the point is that if you start with a wrong foot and a wrong place for behaving like that, one must face the consequences by some people giving harsh opinions about ones actions.

e: for example "you are an .... because my gf is mad at me!!!"

danramos 2010-10-27 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by WereCatf (Post 853016)

YOU FOOL! You promised never to bring that up again! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossipena (Post 853030)
the point is that if you start with a wrong foot and a wrong place for behaving like that, one must face the consequences by some people giving harsh opinions about ones actions.

e: for example "you are an .... because my gf is mad at me!!!"

You witnessed it here, folks! Ossipena even offered it up in quotes! He's taking the four-dot ellipses and making it his swear-word!

mhamza 2010-10-27 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by WereCatf (Post 853016)

Crying? Foul? never promised?

i will comment on the last one which the only one sound reasonable to me
you dont need to get promised that your seat on a plane will be more fancy, yet they do it.
you dont wait to be promised that the train will be faster to reach a destination you visit, yet, you'll smile with full teeth if happened

but this is even more important to me.....

ossipena 2010-10-27 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhamza (Post 852959)
As i said before i am not paranoid person, yet you are se tense and taking it too personal.
Dear, you are young enough to avoid such stresses, and you urself didnt understand what i wrote, and as i imagine you are trying to be one of those replying to grasp attention and say non sense comments wraped in phrases that might look like logic posting links to make it look like you thought and replied and so on, i met alot like you life must have all types of people, and as i said clowns, not only you, need audience, so keep on amusing posters it is funny

err... what did you just say? I kinda got lost between those words and commas...

ishurmer 2010-10-27 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by danramos (Post 852900)
But anyway, just seems weird to hear anyone go "Wow!" at an N900 these days... but then if I can get any "Wow!"s for a Droid 1, I suppose an N900 can too to some degree. :)

Not so sure about that, I booted into NITDroid the other day to show a couple of IPhone owners - they were quite impressed with the ease of the whole process, and these are guys who are fairly tech savvy. Also, I find it odd you are comparing an "App Killer" task manager with the N900's multitasking model, as it's not really the same thing from a technological perspective, or is it (I'm not really clued up on Android, I will freely admit)?

I'm sure it's pretty cool to be able to run Palm Pre games directly on the device with no binary modifications. Plus there was the PSGroove hack (old news now of course), which not only made lots of people go "wow", but the N900 was way ahead of the rest in terms of ports.

However, the best thing about these two is that they are homebrew modifications/ports which are only facilitated by the openness of Maemo, and the N900 itself. I mean, the N900 is coming up to 12 months old now, and it is still competing with brand new phones if you know how to look after it.

Clearly, the N900 is a phone which is aimed at a very limited sector of the market, and people have obviously been mis-sold the phone by Nokia, which I think is where the majority of valid complaints come from.

danramos 2010-10-27 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhamza (Post 853033)

you dont need to get promised that your seat on a plane will be more fancy, yet they do it.
you dont wait to be promised that the train will be faster to reach a destination you visit, yet, you'll smile with full teeth if happened

but this is even more important to me.....

I'm not sure I follow your analogies, but maybe it's better to point this out instead:
When your competition is providing a better experience, software and support, it makes you a saaaaad panda.

WereCatf 2010-10-27 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhamza (Post 853033)

Your examples don't make any sense, you know. If I buy a plane ticket I expect to get from one place to another in the promised time, not to get some fancy seat. The promise is right there: to get from A to B in a given time frame.

If it was the OP in question it'd be like he's crying foul over not getting a lapdance in the plane.

danramos 2010-10-27 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishurmer (Post 853042)
Not so sure about that, I booted into NITDroid the other day to show a couple of IPhone owners - they were quite impressed with the ease of the whole process, and these are guys who are fairly tech savvy. Also, I find it odd you are comparing an "App Killer" task manager with the N900's multitasking model, as it's not really the same thing from a technological perspective, or is it (I'm not really clued up on Android, I will freely admit)?

I'm sure it's pretty cool to be able to run Palm Pre games directly on the device with no binary modifications. Plus there was the PSGroove hack (old news now of course), which not only made lots of people go "wow", but the N900 was way ahead of the rest in terms of ports.

However, the best thing about these two is that they are homebrew modifications/ports which are only facilitated by the openness of Maemo, and the N900 itself. I mean, the N900 is coming up to 12 months old now, and it is still competing with brand new phones if you know how to look after it.

Clearly, the N900 is a phone which is aimed at a very limited sector of the market, and people have obviously been mis-sold the phone by Nokia, which I think is where the majority of valid complaints come from.

I know using a task killer as a quick task switcher seems odd, but it does work very well. I suppose I'd have to show it to you for you to really see what I mean but it's as easy as a swipe, tap and tap to switch around immediately between applications running in memory. There might be an even easier way with the LauncherPro desktop I'm using in Android, but I'm not aware of it at the moment. (I'm actually reasonably certain I saw it somewhere in there, but I'll need to peek around through the settings for a keymapping to do it.)

For the rest: Well said. I can generally agree with you on most of that--except that there really isn't a lot of Wow to the Palm platform right now either and then running Pre software is hardly a "matured" feature (as someone put it elsewhere) and appears to be rife with problems at the moment. On the other hand, the homebrew modifications are aplenty on other platforms--much moreso on the Android side where there is a PLETHORA of Linux kernel hacking in addition to themes, launchers and other feature and functions of the operating system. I've yet to see it really blossom to this level on the N900.