maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Buy & Sell (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [Announce] Aigo x86 Tablet 16GB with SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99262)

nthn 2017-05-02 13:55

Re: [Announce] Aigo x86 Tablet 16GB with SailfishOS

Quote:

Originally Posted by explit (Post 1527559)
Thanks also for you, dlas.revo!
I'm very happy to help all community members to get the Tabby.
I will also support Chen in his Tablet Campaign. Sailfish is not very well adapted on the i486 Architecture. We see a lot of weakness points:

- Power consumption

I remember reading somewhere that the excessive power consumption is the same if Android is installed, so the problem is not exclusive to Sailfish at least.

explit 2017-05-02 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthn (Post 1527584)
I remember reading somewhere that the excessive power consumption is the same if Android is installed, so the problem is not exclusive to Sailfish at least.

Thats true for all SailfishOS Devices. As soon, as Alien Dalvik is enabled - the battery drains much faster

pichlo 2017-05-03 08:22

@explit, I think what @nthn meant was that the same tablet running Android without Sailfish exhibits a similar battery drain.
We know that Sailfish is not that great at saving power but in this case the culprit seems to be the hardware.

explit 2017-05-03 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1527606)
@explit, I think what @nthn meant was that the same tablet running Android without Sailfish exhibits a similar battery drain.
We know that Sailfish is not that great at saving power but in this case the culprit seems to be the hardware.

Ah, ok. Didn't understood that.
Thanks for correcting.

I don't know, how the battery consumption is with stock Android Firmware (MIUI).
I think Baytrail Atom CPUs are no Power-Saving monsters at all.
BUT: I had a ThinkPad 8 for 2 weeks
Same Baytrail CPU and Windows 10.
The battery drain was minimal. Standby in idle was 7-10 days.
I never seen that under Sailfish....

MikeHG 2017-05-03 13:31

Quote:

We know that Sailfish is not that great at saving power

I'm not sure that's true [edit: I suppose I should say I'm not sure it's as simple as that] - I get really good battery life on my Jolla 1 (much better than approximately equivalent Android devices), and I've read many other people saying the same thing.

It's a real puzzle, because obviously many people find the exact opposite... :confused:

nthn 2017-05-03 14:40

Quote:

Yes, that's what I meant: Android the OS, not Alien Dalvik.

dlas.revo 2017-05-10 06:51

So, if I understand it correctly what you are saying: it is an issue that cannot be resolved, as it is a design failure of the hardware?

What I see in Aida64 is, that all 4 cores are running at least at minimum clock.speed and don't go to sleep, while at my Fairphone core 2 and.3 are often sleeping .

explit 2017-05-10 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlas.revo (Post 1527844)
So, if I understand it correctly what you are saying: it is an issue that cannot be resolved, as it is a design failure of the hardware?

What I see in Aida64 is, that all 4 cores are running at least at minimum clock.speed and don't go to sleep, while at my Fairphone core 2 and.3 are often sleeping .

Yes, i can confirm. on Aigo Tablets the CPU Cores are never sleeping. Since HW is the same, i think its a Software problem.
The Power Management settings should be ajusted somewhere...

chenliangchen 2017-05-10 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by explit (Post 1527867)
Yes, i can confirm. on Aigo Tablets the CPU Cores are never sleeping. Since HW is the same, i think its a Software problem.
The Power Management settings should be ajusted somewhere...

Sent from my Fairphone 2 using Tapatalk

From my experience Jolla Tab does the same. They are the same product anyway... Definitely power management related issue

dlas.revo 2017-05-10 20:33

So I guess there is no real chance that this issue will be resolved anytime soon. Jolla isn't interested anymore, so we have to live with it, right?
It's a pity, but nevertheless , I like SFOS really very much on the tablet.