maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] Advanced touch-friendly calculator for the N9 based on speedcrunch (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84011)

qwazix 2012-05-01 15:33

[Announce] Advanced touch-friendly calculator for the N9 based on speedcrunch

5 Attachment(s)
Download from post #2

This is a calculator based on speedcrunch, kde's default calculator.

The special thing about it is that it uses the native meego input method, with all it's advantages for input. For now there is only one layout, plus the us english one for inputting functions and variables.

There is a function list on the left screen with a reference to wikipedia for more info, and a simple settings page on the right. It auto-calculates, and has history. Clicking on the history items or double-clicking on the function names inserts them in the calculation box.

There will be a paid version later on Nokia Store, with some additional layouts and maybe some more settings.

Any layouts you could contribute that seem useful to you are welcome for integration.

Screenshots:
Attachment 26112
Attachment 26113
Attachment 26114
Attachment 26115

UPDATE: Now it sports another keyboard layout, and can copy result to clipboard. See post #2 for new version.

qwazix 2012-05-20 13:39

Re: [Announce] Advanced touch-friendly calculator for the N9 based on speedcrunch

2 Attachment(s)
Update:

This is an update which brings another keyboard layout and copy to clipboard button.

Update:

0.0.3 hopefully fixes a usability bug which caused the phone to remain with only one active language layout.

thedead1440 2012-05-20 13:53

Re: [Announce] Advanced touch-friendly calculator for the N9 based on speedcrunch

hi can you add the layout in post 1 as it has a % button on the number pad.

Silwer 2012-05-20 13:58

Great calc!

qwazix 2012-05-20 14:10

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1209612)
hi can you add the layout in post 1 as it has a % button on the number pad.

The % sign moved to layout number 2. I thought that ^ is more useful than % as you can just type 0.10 instead of 10% anyway.

You can modify the layouts yourself using any text editor. They are located in /opt/mobilecrunch/ and I can also attach them here.

Here is also a deb with the % sign on the first layout.

thedead1440 2012-05-20 14:20

in /home/user/.mobileCrunch i only see oldActiveKb and oldEnabledKb which are empty files. could you advice on which file to edit.

qwazix 2012-05-20 14:32

Oops sorry. The layouts are located at /opt/mobilecrunch/ you will need root.

If you make any nice edits please share.

gexc 2012-05-22 12:36

great calculator

but it seems that all the keyboards (other than US English) are removed deactivated in the OS as well :confused:

thedead1440 2012-05-22 13:08

^ actually after a reboot there is no input keyboard. You've got to go to time & language and install a keyboard then use it as your active. I have a full range of keyboards to choose from so its surprising you've only US English left.

gexc 2012-05-22 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1210749)
^ actually after a reboot there is no input keyboard. You've got to go to time & language and install a keyboard then use it as your active. I have a full range of keyboards to choose from so its surprising you've only US English left.

I meant 'deactivated' :D