maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Source the devtools-stuffs somewhere? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96855)

Mr B 2016-06-15 23:49

Source the devtools-stuffs somewhere?

So, i was trying to get Nokia Energy Profiler installed, as per the advice here: https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1507649
Turns out it wasn't that simple, but what else is to be expected after Nokia abandoned us, Microsoft bought what was left of Nokia's phone division, and really decided we weren't worth the time and effort to keep around...So, i went on a bit of an explorative trip, but as i tturns out i'm just missing key bits of information, making me unable to bridge the gap on my own. And to make matters worse, my device "speaks" swedish, so the error message is... wague at best, but here goes:

I get an error message stating that i cant connect to the host.I have no proper error message in english.Bottom line is "download failed" which i suppose might be due to a host no longer being available?

I have been searching, and looking for something of a solution, but all i got was [url=https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85966]this[/quote] thread.
It hinted at running apt-get install devtools-power which returned a bit of text, and a y/n ? to which responding Y made it burp out a bunch of "unable to resolve host" and the address pointing at Nokia, so i suppose that makes sense. So, how do i "replace" the hosts they are trying to resolve, with once that work, and have the stuff?

I thought "everything" was in the warehouse app, but again, my search skills seam weak, and i cant find it. Is there anyone out there who knows what i need to be doing to sort this out?

Thank you guys n' girls for the time and effort.
B!

MMC 2016-06-16 00:10

Install N9 RepoMirror from Warehouse?

Mr B 2016-06-16 01:00

Re: Source the devtools-stuffs somewhere?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMC (Post 1507701)
Install N9 RepoMirror from Warehouse?

Is installed, and have been for some time. I'll uninstall it and try to re-install it, see if something is "wrong" with it.

Edit
Installing it threw an error message,
Operation failed: E-sub something threw an error.
It's not on screen long enough to figure out quite what it says, but i suppose uninstalling it was a mistake. Now it just throws the error, and then the button "install" is back again.
/Edit

Some More Edit's
After rebooting the phone, it's apparently not uninstalled. Which very well could cause the error on installing i suppose.
Running out of ideas, again. And it's 3 in the morning, so it's bedtime. I'll read up on any wisdom posted through the night, when i get back up.

Again, thank you all. anyone who reads this far down, for your time and effort.
/Some More Edit's

aspergerguy 2016-06-16 13:19

Not the only one having problems with this as keeps saying installation interrupted cancel or retry but now partly solved by installing missing dependencies as below then re-run "Install" in developer mode. Getting wake-up plug in error but functioning and reading 0.25W on mine. Sorry spent enough time on this for now but don't know whether order of installation makes a difference to result and too many possible permutations.

Presuming that you have Coderus Aegis-install hack package installed;
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90750

If you place any of armel.deb in home/user/MyDocs you would need to use aegis-dpkg -i filename to install after devel-su password cd /home/user/MyDocs

You can look for these upon Coderus's repository:
https://coderus.openrepos.net/n9mirror/tools/

libnep0_1.4.1+0m6_armel.deb (would install this first though)
energy-profiler_1.4.4+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-server_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-ram_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-power_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-net_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-cpu_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb

No point trying to install devtools-power_1.48+0m6_armel.deb by itself as doomed to failure.

Perhaps somebody else has better luck in getting no errors with this.

chilango 2016-06-17 00:33

for me the newest version also not work.
Try the older ones from Openrepos.

go to www.openrepos.net

search for repomirror and download the older ones. Dont use Warehouse. That always will try to install the latest what fail.

Mr B 2016-06-25 02:00

Chilango's suggestion seams more... suited to my level of expertize. (Which is, none.)
So i grabbed both the files there. I'll hopefully get around to put the older one, 0.6.0, on the phone after a few hours of sleep.
Well, mainly coz Windows 10 is acting up and needs a reboot to find any USB devices, and i have a bunch of VM's updating to Windows 10, so i'm not rebooting right now.

Anyway, thank you all for your input. Not sure i'f i'll be able to sort this out on my own, but that's just the way it is. Without you guys holding my hand online, i'd be suck for sure.
B!

aspergerguy 2016-06-25 13:18

Remember you must allow the phone to accept non-Store packages in Settings > Applications > Installations first and then easiest to point N9 browser towards openrepos.

Mr B 2016-06-25 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspergerguy (Post 1508327)
Remember you must allow the phone to accept non-Store packages in Settings > Applications > Installations first and then easiest to point N9 browser towards openrepos.

That has already been done.
Any ideas as to why the darn thing fails? 0.7.2, that is? 0.6.0 worked, but of course, still no Energy profiler, and now (of course) it wants to update to 0,7,2, but fails.
Weird world.

Can i install it manually by running these files on the phone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspergerguy (Post 1507730)
libnep0_1.4.1+0m6_armel.deb (would install this first though)
energy-profiler_1.4.4+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-server_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-ram_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-power_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-net_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-cpu_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb

(Thats how i installed the repo. Downloaded it on the PC, put it in the "download" folder on the phone, and used "File Manager" ( https://openrepos.net/content/hooddy...r-file-manager ) to navigate to it, and tapped once on it. But this Energy Profiler thingy seams a bit more.... complex.

B!

aspergerguy 2016-06-26 09:41

Ironically just checked an old device which had old version of n9repomirror_0.5.0 installed and it installed "Power analysis" without any problems. I can't remember for what reason ancelad removed this early version from openrepos, but I never get prompted to update it.

If you go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications - what version is now shown under N9 RepoMirror?

Mr B 2016-06-26 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspergerguy (Post 1508361)
If you go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications - what version is now shown under N9 RepoMirror?

Misc text to account for a to short post...

aspergerguy 2016-06-26 19:04

If you go to Settings > Security > Developer Mode and try to install "Utilities" what happens as this would confirm whether correct repositories are now installed?

Mr B 2016-06-26 19:14

Same error as with the energy profiler. No go.

aspergerguy 2016-06-26 19:32

What is the history of this N9, have you had it some while and just decided to invoke Developer Mode or is it recently acquired phone that has been re-flashed? Beginning to sound as if something has got corrupted and if you didn't have any pre-purchased applications from former Nokia Store installed might have been tempted to suggest re-setting device.

Mr B 2016-06-26 22:25

Been with me since it was brand new, and enabled developer mode sometime around the end of February, 2012, if memory serves me right. I made a factory reset a month or two ago, and loaded my backup. And while Nokia still was maintaining the software it was updated to PR1.3 (40.2012.21-3.339.2_PR_339)
It has been shipped back and fourth to Nokia for services for my first year of owning it, for everything from battery issues, and the camera dying, to rattling buttons after service. But after that it's been pretty well behaved.
I do not have any paid for software from the Nokia store, and the stuff i have installed seams to have survived the reset / loading of my backup.
Or, that may just be the issue. I have no idea.

I could very well do a factory reset it again, but i don't want to lose the messages and contacts, so i suppose i still have to load the backup after doing so. Or they are retained through a reset?

Thank you so much for your efforts.
B!

aspergerguy 2016-06-26 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr B (Post 1508396)
I could very well do a factory reset it again, but i don't want to lose the messages and contacts, so i suppose i still have to load the backup after doing so. Or they are retained through a reset?
B!

You would need to re-install from backup, hope that you connect device to PC in mass storage mode and get copy of N9 backup in addition.

I would try to get developer mode enabled before restoring any data to device though.

Mr B 2016-06-27 00:13

Pretty much like last time then, new backup, reset, and then thee change, developer mode, then restore backup. I'll try that tomorrow afternoon, and get back to you all.
B!

aspergerguy 2016-06-27 17:29

Before you go any further guessing that your N9 is 059L7N7: N9 RM-696 Country Variant Sweden SE Magenta_COLOR which may be the problem as N9Repomirror can have problems with some regional variants rather than devices running global, although should have been resolved in version 0.7.2

Only try to install n9repomirror_0.7.2_armel.deb and reboot device after installation.

Mr B 2016-06-27 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspergerguy (Post 1508460)
Before you go any further guessing that your N9 is 059L7N7: N9 RM-696 Country Variant Sweden SE Magenta_COLOR which may be the problem as N9Repomirror can have problems with some regional variants rather than devices running global, although should have been resolved in version 0.7.2

The Nokia is a N9, check. RM-969, check. CV Sweden, check. Magenta.... No, it's the one and the same as in the other thread (Black to white, you offered up a pair of white bits) Still no answer from the other fella.) so, it's a black one... However, since i got curious, i couldn't dig it out from the phone, and had to go by whats on the box. And as it turns out, the box and the phone doesn't agree on what IMEI i have, so i guess they swapped my hardware around enough to make it possible that i have a system board that is, anything really.

059L7N6 64GB is what the sticker on the phone reads. As i said, i'm not able to find the model put in text in the phone software, i'm sure it's there, i just cant find it. It's not where i expected it to be, on the same "page" as the IMEI, and firmware revision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspergerguy (Post 1508460)
Only try to install n9repomirror_0.7.2_armel.deb

I did that right after i downloaded both. Post 8 in this thread. Didn't work. Tried it again. I'll just get a few things from underfoot here, and then i'll do a backup, reset, thingy, and see if i can enable developer mode, get things going, and then load my backup. I'll be back, smiling or crying, time will tell. ;- )

Again, thanks.
B!

aspergerguy 2016-06-27 18:12

At times ancelad was running out of ideas and had to accept only working in about 50% cases for some reason. You also may have to accept that flashing device software rather than using device interface to reset it could be required as here:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96018

Offer of black housing still stands.

This post from 2016 may help if you can understand it:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...40&postcount=9

Mr B 2016-06-27 21:51

Ok, so i reset the darn thing. Installed 0.6.0, did the thing in the post to force it to look for the sources in the right spot, and it failed at "installing" instead of "downloading"
So i suppose that was a faliure, even tho it went further. Went and restored my backup, so i have a working phone again, going through the process of restoring applications right now... Weird thing. It listed developer-mode there, but failed the restore, of course.

*sigh*

So, i suppose a full reflash is my next option, how, and where do i read about this?

B!

aspergerguy 2016-06-27 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr B (Post 1508488)
So, i suppose a full reflash is my next option, how, and where do i read about this?
B!

Unless you had previously downloaded software you will be very limited in available versions now since Microsoft no longer support N9. There are a number of software to be found in this thread:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96401

This can give you an idea of what is involved:http://n9.dy.fi/2014/05/comprehensiv...ware-flashing/

Main trouble is that on your "swapped motherboard" device it is anyone's guess what software version has been installed previously.

Mr B 2016-06-27 22:48

And there is no way to "check" what version would be the right one?

Did notice something slightly weird. After every reset, developer-mode is enabled by default. I cant seam to find a package installed that gives me a clue as to what version.
B!

aspergerguy 2016-06-28 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr B (Post 1508493)
And there is no way to "check" what version would be the right one?
B!

Try finding Nokia Software Recovery Tool 6.0.5 although mine may only be working as installed it a while back, got a prompt to use in "Offline mode" and it recognised N9 as Product code 059J1W1. My PC (Win8) has all Nokia drivers already installed so may be problems with new installs.

Another little known fact if you can find Nokia PC Suite v7.1.30.9 this will read "Contacts" & "Messages" upon N9, but you must ignore all prompts to update application.

Mr B 2016-06-28 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspergerguy (Post 1508543)
Try finding Nokia Software Recovery Tool 6.0.5 although mine may only be working as installed it a while back, got a prompt to use in "Offline mode" and it recognised N9 as Product code 059J1W1.

Cant seam to find it. I've only spent 40-45 minutes on it so far, i'll get in to it a bit more later. But that might be the ticket. It does say 059L7N6 on the sim card holder, but i cant seam to find anything on the box it came in that corresponds, so it's hard to tell if they replaced the whole phone, and that is the right product code, or if it is my old sim card holder...

Quote:

Another little known fact if you can find Nokia PC Suite v7.1.30.9 this will read "Contacts" & "Messages" upon N9, but you must ignore all prompts to update application.

That was cool, and helped me out with something i've been fuzzing over for ages. It's a LOT easier to go through and remove messages there, then on the phone. Just wish it would deal with "conversations" and not just sent or received, time, who, and so on.
Guess one cant get everything. Thanks.
All i had to do was downgrade from v7.1.180 something, which i suppose is the latest, and i was using to do the same tasks on my 5800 Music eXpress. Yes, i still have, and use one of those.
Sorry

*ashamed*

;- )

aspergerguy 2016-06-28 16:51

[QUOTE=Mr B;1508560]Cant seam to find it. I've only spent 40-45 minutes on it so far, i'll get in to it a bit more later. But that might be the ticket./QUOTE]

Sent you an amended download link via PM

Mr B 2016-07-01 19:25

Managed to get things sorted enough to actually run the right software, and get the info-blob.

Namn: Nokia NoRM6
Typ: RM-696
IMEI: It's there.
Programversion 40.2012.21.3.339.2

So that means i got a RM-696, and should / could use the corresponding firmware. Now i need to figure out how, and where. And, i'm not going to flash anything until Sunday, i need a working phone over the weekend. If anything goes west, and i got a brick when i'm done... Well, at least it's not happening this weekend.
B!

Mr B 2017-02-27 01:00

Man, i really need to get on this. I have all sorts of weird issues as of late, and i suspect it's actually the battery...
But while i'm normally not technically challenged, i just cant seam to wrap my head around all the bits to try and flash my phone.
*sigh*

New try tomorrow.
B!

aspergerguy 2017-02-27 14:24

For 059L7N7 you would need to find A0E9827F_DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.339.2_PR_LEGACY_339_ARM_RM-696_PRD_signed.bin which elicits no Google result as far as I am aware unfortunately.

Mr B 2017-02-27 16:27

You are not the bringer of good news today.

Cant replace it with something of the "collection" here?
In reality the "Swedish" package had nothing special going on, but the preloaded GPS maps, and since it can still be updated of the servers... Well, that is if i can load my backup, so the GPS service is activated with my "nokia account", the maps would be easy to load, anyway.
B!

aspergerguy 2017-02-27 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr B (Post 1524249)
Can't I replace it with something of the "collection" here?

How about 059L5D4_DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.480.04.1_PR_LEGACY_480_ARM_RM-696_PRD_signed.bin which worked for user in similar predicament here (059L5D4: N9 RM-696 Country Variant Switzerland CH Black 64GB V1):http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...24&postcount=7

Mr B 2017-02-27 20:57

Seams to have worked this far.
Code:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. Med ensamrätt.

d:\N9 flash\Flasher>flasher -i
flasher 3.12.1 (Oct  6 2011) Harmattan
WARNING: This tool is intended for professional use only. Using it may result
in permanently damaging your device or losing the warranty.

Found device RM-696, hardware revision 1602
NOLO version 2.3.6
Version of 'sw-release': DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.339.2_PR_339
Success

d:\N9 flash\Flasher>flasher -f -F main.bin

Found device RM-696, hardware revision 1602
NOLO version 2.3.6
Version of 'sw-release': DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.339.2_PR_339
Sending ape-algo image (7103 kB)...
100% (7103 of 7103 kB, avg. 20953 kB/s)
Suitable USB interface (phonet) not found, waiting...
ERROR: CreateFile, error = 5
Ping attempt 1 (250 ms)
Server application: 1.7.2
Found product RM-696 rev. 1602
Server implements softupd protocol version 1.8
Image SW version DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.480.04.1_PR_480
Image moslo not present
Image mmc not present
Image tar skipped
Image config skipped

Battery level 72 %, continuing.

image        [state    progress        transfer    flash speed]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[x] cert-sw      [finished  100 %      1 /      1 kB      NA    ]
[x] cmt-2nd      [finished  100 %      95 /      95 kB      NA    ]
[x] cmt-algo    [finished  100 %    789 /    789 kB      NA    ]
[x] cmt-mcusw    [finished  100 %    6050 /    6050 kB    2977 kB/s]
[x] xloader      [finished  100 %      23 /      23 kB      NA    ]
[x] secondary    [finished  100 %      94 /      94 kB      NA    ]
[x] kernel      [finished  100 %    2714 /    2714 kB    3333 kB/s]
[x] rootfs      [finished  100 % 1170393 / 1170393 kB    9491 kB/s]
Updating SW release
Success

d:\N9 flash\Flasher>flasher -R

Ping attempt 1 (250 ms)
Server application: 1.7.2
Found product RM-696 rev. 1602
Server implements softupd protocol version 1.8
Success

d:\N9 flash\Flasher>

First notable difference... It started out asking for my information in english, but switched to swedish before i could even touch the phone. Also had "Bern" as timezone, rather then "Stockholm". I can deal with this, i feel like.Hardly a shocker, but, the first thing i did, was install "N9 RepoMirror 0.7.2", and "Warehouse 0.1.9" and pretty much instantly got the notification that i had updates to download, and install. Which, also, worked. The next step, developermode. That is what started all this. Worked. And, this time i'm installing pretty much all of it. While it works, so to speak.
But i can already tell that the "as of late" issues i had that made me think the battery was dying, has gone away with the flashing. It no longer says i should be charging for 1440 minutes for a full charge, regardless of what charge the battery is at..

Now i just have to figure out how to use the power-stuff, to check up on how bad my battery actually is.

Anyway... aspergerguy... You... freaking rock. I for sure wouldn't have done this without your input.

So far, the only real loss from resetting, flashing, and whatnot, seams to have been rocket. I cant get it authorized for what ever reason. Going to remove it from Twitters list of approved apps, and try again, but if that doesn't do it, i have no clue. Will "report it" in the thread on rocket, and have little hope it will be sorted at that point. Still. 6 year old phone. Who ever thought that when i bought this thing...
B!

Mr B 2017-02-28 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr B (Post 1524288)
But i can already tell that the "as of late" issues i had that made me think the battery was dying, has gone away with the flashing. It no longer says i should be charging for 1440 minutes for a full charge, regardless of what charge the battery is at.

Guess i spoke to soon. It's back.
Not sure what to make of it.
Oh well. I'll have to look in to it as a different issue then. Might be time for a new battery, or it's just time to retire the phone altogether. They did re-release the Nokia 3310, so we can have a ultra rugged, easy to replace the battery on, user-friendly phone.
Oh right. That was a joke.

B!

Mr B 2017-05-07 10:43

Quote:

My PC (Win8) has all Nokia drivers already installed so may be problems with new installs.

Speaking of this... If i don't install PC suite, i can connect the phone as a mass storage device. This works just fine. If i install PC suite, nothing works. If i connect the phone, regardless of mode, it shows up in computer settings/devices/connected devices but right under it, it says "driver error".

Reinstalled windows a few days ago, so i guess i had something carry over when i upgraded to Windows 10, since it was working before, but quit working on a clean install.
Gave up, left it over night.

Woke up, and decided to try the older Nokia 5800. Works just fine. Had to reconnect it once for it to show names rather then phone numbers in the SMS section, but other then that... After this, i just had to try the N9 again... And now it connects, PC suite detects it, but it wont do anything with the messages.
"Loading messages 0%" for a couple of minutes, and when it doesn't progress the program seams to give up, and reports the inbox as empty.

Contacts, it will read. but if i wait, the message "refreshing of contacts failed" and the list goes empty. 132 contacts, and if i click on anyone as soon as the list loads, it will open just fine. A dew with picture (shows up nicely) and a bunch with more then one phone number, and other contact information. It all works, but, i cant edit anything, since the list blanks out with the error.

Any one have any idea what is going on here? Tried different USB ports but it doesn't seam to make any difference.

At first i was tempted to call out the connectivity driver as responsible, or the PC connectivity solution, but that seams to have gone out the window at this point...
Now it's just... weird.
B!

Edit
I realize the post is somewhat messy. I sort of started writing it yesturday, went to sleep on it, and continued when i woke up. What happened during the night... no idea.
/Edit

aspergerguy 2017-05-08 13:03

Even weirder with Nokia Suite 3.8.54 on Windows 10 netbook, upon waiting about 15 minutes for device install with Microsoft after connecting in Sync & Connect mode N9 visible under Nokia Suite and can sync "Messages" as here:
http://i65.tinypic.com/200e1s7.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/k56feb.jpg

Mr B 2017-05-08 15:31

waaaait.... Nokia 3.8.54 works with N9?
Weird, cool. Stupid long wait for it to install the drivers, but if it works after that...
B!

aspergerguy 2017-05-08 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr B (Post 1527804)
waaaait.... Nokia 3.8.54 works with N9?
Weird, cool. Stupid long wait for it to install the drivers, but if it works after that

On an old Nokia Booklet 3G too short of RAM really to run Windows 10 (has 256GB SSD which helps) and can't be sure whether as you say some setting carried over from previous Windows 7 installation. Sometime I may get around to carrying out new installation of Nokia Suite and possibly PC Suite under Windows 10 on another PC and see if works out of box or you have to use compatibility mode for PC Suite. For the number of people it would benefit though, it doesn't really seem to be worth the hassle!

Mr B 2017-05-08 22:39

Clean install a week -10 days ago, but i have installed PC Suite, Nokia Suite installed just fine, detected the phone, and treats it just fine. It is slow to sync, but works, doesn't show contact names, and, i cant figure out how to sort messages by number (or even better, contact) but it has a working conversation log, which is nice.

Edit
Ok, so my weird experiences continue. After installing Nokia Suite, PC Suite works, is blazing fast, all as i wanted it to be from the get go.
New driver?
/Edit

Second Edit
Actually.. Something is still weird. It will only let me see conversations that have been active in the last few days. Not entirely certain if the conversation with a few MMS in them breaks the software and it stops looking past that, but it contains older, non MMS messages in that conversation.
Even weirder... PC Suite shows the exact same messages, and also nothing older.
Never had that happen before. Persists over reboots of both the PC, and the phone.
/Edit

aspergerguy 2017-05-09 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr B (Post 1527809)
Something is still weird. It will only let me see conversations that have been active in the last few days. Not entirely certain if the conversation with a few MMS in them breaks the software and it stops looking past that, but it contains older, non MMS messages in that conversation.

You are right about the MMS which I never deal with, as I am sure that I saw a prompt when syncing about that it couldn't handle MMS; it didn't say however that MMS would muck up SMS conversation(s)!

Mr B 2017-05-09 13:15

It just says it wont handle MMS, and PC suite doesn't either, but it used to list everything else. Now i have a few MMS older then that MMS in that conversation, and then everything else is just... not there as far as the software is concerned. It's in the phone, so that works.

Sent a test SMS to the phone, it showed up. Deleted the MMS.
Nokia Suite = No change.
PC Suite = Reads one SMS more from the same number i sent the test message from.

At this point. No idea. Will uninstall one, and see if there is some sort of conflict scenario, by fiddling back and forth.
Anyway, seams to handle "new" messages as intended, which is nice.