maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Themes (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   [REQUEST] Vanilla Meego Theme for N9 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92983)

taixzo 2014-04-14 03:00

Re: [REQUEST] Vanilla Meego Theme for N9

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJonosound (Post 1421304)
http://www.oassf.com/en/media/images/facepalm-card.jpg
This is just lumiaman all over again.

You're a bit too late. Most people have moved to sailfish now.

Not true; Americans can't because Jolla doesn't support the US GSM networks properly.

Ancelad 2014-04-14 03:19

Probably I will receive moderator's punishment, but this ***** must see these words...

You say "dat png photoshop , copy paste , readjust , resize hard lyfe", you think it is very easy? Just do it! Proof your words, or you're stupid lazy troll.

DJJonosound 2014-04-14 04:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1421311)
Not true; Americans can't because Jolla doesn't support the US GSM networks properly.

I said most :p pretty sure most n9 users are in Asia/Europe/middle east

Shadwblade2652 2014-04-14 04:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by denizg (Post 1421300)
i am trying to push the community to produce more and more. I couldn't give a damn if the vanilla meego theme came out , but I want devs to get up their butts and work as hard as maemo 5 apps/

You're one of those hypocritical people who attempt to get people who are doing their best to do more. Unless you have something legitimately important to say, it's probably a better idea to not say it. I am absolutely fed up with your attitude towards the other users on this forum who are veterans of this place. I know I'm not the only one, your harsh words and blatant disrespect are bothering others as well. If I were you, I would heed the complaints of other users.

Shadwblade2652 2014-04-14 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1421311)

I'm pretty sure they support it to a small extent. I wouldn't be surprised if Jolla was able to release a small fix that increased usability in the U.S. I actually do know people who have N9s, who Jolla phones in the US is a possibility.

taixzo 2014-04-14 05:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 (Post 1421319)
I'm pretty sure they support it to a small extent. I wouldn't be surprised if Jolla was able to release a small fix that increased usability in the U.S. I actually do know people who have N9s, who Jolla phones in the US is a possibility.

It works with baseband, but not with 3G or 4G, which means that as a smartphone the functionality is rather limited unless you're in range of wifi. And because this is a hardware limitation (the chipset doesn't support the necessary frequencies) the smallest fix Jolla could provide would be to release an entirely new phone with a different chipset.

kapu2 2014-04-14 05:37

Quote:

i am trying to push the community to produce more and more. I couldn't give a damn if the vanilla meego theme came out , but I want devs to get up their butts and work as hard as maemo 5 apps/

the N9 is a phone from 2011 that launched DEAD ON ARRIVAL. the fact that there are still as many active developers for a DEAD OS three years on is already a feat in itself. if you're looking for a platform with hundreds of active developers you need to point yourself towards Android or iOS.

imaginaryenemy 2014-04-14 15:19

Quote:

What things are you missing on your N9? You keep complaining that there is "nothing", but what is it you want?

pichlo 2014-04-14 18:29

To give denizg some credit, there are things I am missing. In a descending order by priority -
1) A resistive touch-screen with a stylus for better accuracy;
2) A hardware keyboard or at least the cursor keys (the latter very badly);
3) A swirl-to-zoom gesture;
4) A home screen with shortcuts and widgets;
5) A camera lens cover;
6) A normal SIM card slot rather than the micro-SIM abomination;
7) An SD card slot.

All except #3 and #4 are hardware limitations though. I have yet to find what apps I might want that are not available in one way or another.

imaginaryenemy 2014-04-14 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1421388)
To give denizg some credit, there are things I am missing. In a descending order by priority -
1) A resistive touch-screen with a stylus for better accuracy;
2) A hardware keyboard or at least the cursor keys (the latter very badly);
3) A swirl-to-zoom gesture;
4) A home screen with shortcuts and widgets;
5) A camera lens cover;
6) A normal SIM card slot rather than the micro-SIM abomination;
7) An SD card slot.

All except #3 and #4 are hardware limitations though. I have yet to find what apps I might want that are not available in one way or another.

Spoken like a true N900 owner! ;)
I recently bought an 808 Pureview (as a secondary phone), and I find that going back to a homescreen with widgets is not as rewarding as it was pre-N9.
I have never experienced the "swirl to zoom" that I have heard so much about. Is it really better than the double tap?