maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N9 / N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   I just pulled the trigger and bought a 64GB Black International n9 from Amazon. I have Tmobile US (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84035)

jpaulwhite 2012-05-03 00:11

I just pulled the trigger and bought a 64GB Black International n9 from Amazon. I have Tmobile US

I'll post up how it goes. Was $480, 2 day shipping was maybe 11 bucks total (I bought a car mount for my Samsung Galaxy SII and a Sim cutter) Should be here May 7th (Next Monday) Hope my sim cutter gets here the same time lol. Or I might be tempted to go to Tmobile and buy a new SIM

Can't wait. I'm thinking it'll be my last cell phone purchase for the next 4 years.

On an aside is there a cell phone out there that runs Linux (Like my n900)

geneven 2012-05-03 00:45

Re: I just pulled the trigger and bought a 64GB Black International n9 from Amazon. I have Tmobile US

Wow, $480 sounds pretty good. I seem to be buying an N9 too, and my sim cutter came today :)

ibrakalifa 2012-05-03 01:03

Re: I just pulled the trigger and bought a 64GB Black International n9 from Amazon. I have Tmobile US

Wow that cheap enough, im getting my cyan 16gb for $300

mohi2k7 2012-05-03 01:08

may i recommend getting an actual micro sim because you might get some signal issues, as i found with my t-mobile sim after i cut it, in the uk you can get a free replacement from the phone operator

Arie 2012-05-03 01:11

Buy a microsim, you may have signal issues.

Check out my blog in my signature.

Ask for whatever help you need :)

Welcome and Congratulations on your purchase.

jpaulwhite 2012-05-03 01:35

Point taken about the MicroSim. I'll try to cut mines first but if I get the phone before the cutter I'll just buy a new one lol.

geneven 2012-05-03 01:47

I have an adapter that will supposedly let me use my sim on the N900 as well as the N9, so I will have to try it anyway.

Mize 2012-05-03 01:52

:D I bought my 64 GB N9 and sliced down my existing SIM with no problems and then even sliced the center out of an older SIM to make a SIM adapter so I could still use the shaved SIM in my non-micro SIM phones. Granted, I'm pretty handy with a razor knife...anyway, no issues in any phones and I didn't have to talk to the sales droids at the phone store.

Ali bhai 2012-05-03 02:06

Tmo gives free microsims, just call customer service. They even ship it overnight for free, the stores charge you 20 dollars.

vittoriob4 2012-05-03 02:09

Same here. Bought my 64gb black n9 on Amazon for $474( made in Finland ). Had some issues with old sim card out of my n900 and bought micro sim for like 10 bucks @ tmobile store. Still miss keyboard tho :)