maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [SFOS+M6] [Announce] Warehouse - native client for OpenRepos.net (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91574)

olf 2018-03-16 18:32

Re: [Announce] Warehouse - native client for OpenRepos.net

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlos devel (Post 1542430)
[...]
# Can you add an APIs - to Rate?

+1: To extend the web API of OpenRepos for rating apps would be great (and IMO more important than adapting Warehouse to the new SFOS API).

MartinK 2018-03-16 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Custodian (Post 1542429)
Update is planned, but no eta. :o
Why do you prefer warehouse over storeman? With storeman you can comment apps! ;)

I would be fine with storeman replacing Warehouse as the default OpenRepos client on Sailfish OS.

But in that case I think the docs should be updated to point to storeman & the Warehouse page should say Warehouse is deprecated & point to the Storeman page.

Otherwise people would be confused by being pointed to an application that currently does not work as the default OpenRepos client.

karlos devel 2018-03-16 21:37

T h a n k s @MartinK

Custodian 2018-03-18 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by olf (Post 1542436)
+1: To extend the web API of OpenRepos for rating apps would be great (and IMO more important than adapting Warehouse to the new SFOS API).

Added.
Will be implemented in one of the upcoming Storeman versions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinK (Post 1542445)
But in that case I think the docs should be updated to point to storeman & the Warehouse page should say Warehouse is deprecated & point to the Storeman page.

Otherwise people would be confused by being pointed to an application that currently does not work as the default OpenRepos client.

I will update this info.

Merienth 2018-03-18 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Custodian (Post 1542429)
Update is planned, but no eta. :o
Why do you prefer warehouse over storeman? With storeman you can comment apps! ;)

I'm always up for some healthy redundancy/competition in any system. Besides I simply like the more compact display of apps in Warehouse you can see more at atime.

karlos devel 2018-03-18 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merienth (Post 1542481)
I'm always up for some healthy redundancy/competition in any system. Besides I simply like the more compact display of apps in Warehouse you can see more at atime.

T h a n k s @Merienth.
that sounds like something personal to me of these people. I think.
Librem-5 hurry up.

claustn 2018-03-18 17:25

Would be also nice to have the possibility to select the app version. On my device is currently installed an old version of Sailfish and to get the proper (old) version of some apps I need to browse to openrepos.net

Custodian 2018-03-18 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by claustn (Post 1542485)
Would be also nice to have the possibility to select the app version. On my device is currently installed an old version of Sailfish and to get the proper (old) version of some apps I need to browse to openrepos.net

Thats not required. Highest availalbe application version compatible with your device will be installed automatically. Such behaviour is handled by device package manager.

claustn 2018-03-19 09:42

This is not happening in Warehouse, I'll give a try to Storeman.

Custodian 2018-03-19 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by claustn (Post 1542511)
This is not happening in Warehouse, I'll give a try to Storeman.

If latest version is installed, then application is compatible from package managers point of view, i.e. author build application as compatible with latest sfos version. Notify author about your problem, so compatibility will be restricted.
Since Storeman uses same package manager functions for installations, result will be same, i.e. newest compatible version will be installed.