maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Jolla Tablet (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Jolla claims Tablet refunds 80% finished (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96772)

ka9yhd 2016-05-25 18:11

Jolla claims Tablet refunds 80% finished

https://blog.jolla.com/jolla-tablet-refund-update/

rcolistete 2017-09-18 22:56

Re: Jolla claims Tablet refunds 80% finished

Update about Jolla Tablet refund :
Quote:

Jolla Tablet refund update [Update: (15/09) Emails sent to second phase]
September 15, 2017 by Sami Pienimäki
https://blog.jolla.com/2nd-round-refund-update/

gerbick 2017-09-19 00:22

Well... that means I'm in the last 20%. Here's to waiting.

nieldk 2017-09-19 04:08

Apparently Iam also in those 20%

Dave999 2017-09-19 04:52

Another scam!

All got 50 percent option. But only less than 200 people got second option so it's more like 52 percent or something.

mrsellout 2017-09-19 05:13

I think the 80% in the thread title refers to the first phase (going off the date of the post).

The blog update in rcolistete's post says a second batch of 100 emails have been sent.

Dave999 2017-09-19 05:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsellout (Post 1534630)
I think the 80% in the thread title refers to the first phase (going off the date of the post).

The blog update in rcolistete's post says a second batch of 100 emails have been sent.

Could be. Make more sense. but 200 emails should be sent in the second refund phase. 100 in august and 100 in sept. But I have suspect that could be much less since only 2 people have confirmed second. Atleast what I have seen so far. So if you got the question...please check-in.

But now it's almost October and another 100. Hope you are more lucky...refund losers(me included)

mscion 2017-09-19 13:13

Just to double check. What is the subject in the email notification. Is the email notification directly from Jolla? Thanks!

MINKIN2 2017-09-19 13:19

Still waiting for news on the 2nd half too, hopefully we get news about the discount for SF on the Xperia soon.

Boxeri 2017-09-19 17:45

Hmm, I don't remember receiving even the first part of the refund. I may have forgotten. When was it supposed to have happened?

Edit: Never mind, checked my email, they send it to paypal.

No news on the second half for me though.

lancewex 2017-09-19 18:25

I'm still waiting too.

vistaus 2017-10-15 09:04

I'm still waiting as well. Kinda glad to stumble upon this topic 'cause I honestly thought I was the only one still waiting...

Edit: ah, I see they've sent an e-mail to a different address. I now chose to wait for the refund, although I'm kinda bummed that I'll only receive 50% of my refund. In accordance with the law, I have the right to receive a 100% refund...

Dave999 2017-10-15 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by vistaus (Post 1536840)
I'm still waiting as well. Kinda glad to stumble upon this topic 'cause I honestly thought I was the only one still waiting...

Edit: ah, I see they've sent an e-mail to a different address. I now chose to wait for the refund, although I'm kinda bummed that I'll only receive 50% of my refund. In accordance with the law, I have the right to receive a 100% refund...

Man, you will never be alone. I'm here. Its just that mods delete/move/infraction/ban you for post in these kind of threads. some how they cant handle it.

the cool thing is that jolla slowly push out second part of refunds now. unfortunately its like 100 per month and much less that actually is refunded. so it will take a loooooong time.

october refund mail are still not sent so if we are luckey we might get it this coming week.

pichlo 2017-10-16 07:19

Quote:

In accordance with the law, I have the right to receive a 100% refund...

No. In accordance with the law, you have the right to receive a big fat zero. It is Jolla's good will (and PR) that they offered any refund at all.

No matter how many times this is stressed, some people choose to stick to their own dogma.

vistaus 2017-10-16 09:00

EDIT: IGNORE THIS POST, SEE BELOW

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1536931)
No. In accordance with the law, you have the right to receive a big fat zero. It is Jolla's good will (and PR) that they offered any refund at all.

No matter how many times this is stressed, some people choose to stick to their own dogma.

Maybe according to your law, but my law says:

"Bij de ontbinding van een consumentenkoop wegens een tekortkoming in de nakoming van de in artikel 9 lid 4 bedoelde verbintenis vergoedt de verkoper onverwijld alle van de koper ontvangen betalingen."

"In the case of dissolution of a consumer purchase due to a shortcoming in the fulfillment of the undertaking referred to in article 9 (4), the seller shall forthwith compensate all payments received from the buyer."

(http://wetten.overheid.nl/BWBR0005290/2017-10-10)

and

Law on remote buying (=buying something through the internet)

"Tenzij de consument en de leverancier vooraf anders afspreken, moet de bestelling binnen dertig dagen na plaatsing worden uitgevoerd. Als het bestelde goed of de bestelde dienst niet leverbaar is, moet de leverancier de consument daarvan op de hoogte stellen en eventuele betalingen binnen dertig dagen terugstorten."

"Unless the consumer and the supplier in advance agree otherwise, the order must be carried out within thirty days after placing the order. If the ordered good or ordered service is not available, the supplier must inform the consumer and refund any payments within thirty days."

(http://www.iusmentis.com/zakendoen/wetkoopopafstand/)

According to the government website, this applies to all goods bought within the EU and Finland is part of the EU. This has been tested in court and has been ruled in favor of consumers multiple times.
So don't tell me it's not in accordance with the law 'cause you clearly haven't studied the law of my country.

EDIT: IGNORE THIS POST, SEE BELOW

JulmaHerra 2017-10-16 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by vistaus (Post 1536944)
"Unless the consumer and the supplier in advance agree otherwise, the order must be carried out within thirty days after placing the order. If the ordered good or ordered service is not available, the supplier must inform the consumer and refund any payments within thirty days."

This contradicts the very idea of crowdfunding and most likely would not be applied to such case.

Quote:

According to the government website, this applies to all goods bought within the EU and Finland is part of the EU. This has been tested in court and has been ruled in favor of consumers multiple times.
So don't tell me it's not in accordance with the law 'cause you clearly haven't studied the law of my country.
Maybe you should not be too arrogant on that one as you clearly have not realized that the transaction was NOT made with Jolla of Finland, nor in EU but with Jolla-Asia Ltd residing in Hong Kong (as in Finland laws regulating crowdfunding were not ready at the time of the campaign). So, pichlo is very much right on this - Jolla would be under any obligation to refund, but they chose to do so (which is of course wise thing to do).

mrsellout 2017-10-16 09:13

Quote:

Where does the 50% figure come from? They already refunded everyone that amount, and said they'll pay the second 50% as and when they can.

vistaus 2017-10-16 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsellout (Post 1536948)
Where does the 50% figure come from? They already refunded everyone that amount, and said they'll pay the second 50% as and when they can.

I haven't received any refund and according to the current page, they say that I only get 104.50 once, so that's 50%.

vistaus 2017-10-16 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulmaHerra (Post 1536946)
This contradicts the very idea of crowdfunding and most likely would not be applied to such case.

Maybe you should not be too arrogant on that one as you clearly have not realized that the transaction was NOT made with Jolla of Finland, nor in EU but with Jolla-Asia Ltd residing in Hong Kong (as in Finland laws regulating crowdfunding were not ready at the time of the campaign). So, pichlo is very much right on this - Jolla would be under any obligation to refund, but they chose to do so (which is of course wise thing to do).

Crowdfunding is covered by that law. It has been tested in court.

I'm sorry if I was coming off arrogant. It was just that pichlo's reply felt very crude as he hadn't even studied my law, so I was only trying to point out that my law is different. I wasn't trying to come off arrogant or anything. Again: I apologize.
I hadn't noticed that the transaction was with Jolla in Hong Kong. I've switched banks early 2016 so I can't recall the transaction, but I believe you. In that case, ignore my post. (< I'm talking to you, pichlo and everyone else ;))

mrsellout 2017-10-16 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by vistaus (Post 1536949)
I haven't received any refund and according to the current page, they say that I only get 104.50 once, so that's 50%.

You need to talk to Jolla care, maybe this mixup with email you mention has resulted in you missing their comms.

vistaus 2017-10-16 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsellout (Post 1536954)
You need to talk to Jolla care, maybe this mixup with email you mention has resulted in you missing their comms.

I checked the old email account and the only Jolla mail I received was the one I found yesterday. I haven't received any other mail from them (other than software updates).

I will talk with Jolla Care then to try and clear this up, thanks :)

pichlo 2017-10-16 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by vistaus (Post 1536944)
Maybe according to your law, but my law says:

"In the case of dissolution of a consumer purchase due to a shortcoming in the fulfillment of the undertaking referred to in article 9 (4), the seller shall forthwith compensate all payments received from the buyer."

This is where the common misconception comes from.

Did you purchase the tablet from the Jolla's website? In that case indeed, you are entitled to a refund. I suppose there may have been a handful of devices sold that way.

If you "ordered" one from Indygogo, then you did not purchase anything. You backed a fundraising campaign with no guarantee of a product delivery or refund in case of a failed delivery, at least as far as the law is concerned. That applies to any fundraising campaign, Jolla's is no exception.

Which brings me neatly back to my previous post :D

Dave999 2017-10-16 10:16

how about take a stand on the stage, live sent to the world that “I guarantee you will get it”. What does the law say about that?

tortoisedoc 2017-10-16 13:08

Im waiting too; also, unfortunately, I decided to use some of the refund for the Sailfish X purchase (which I have not completed yet), only to find out I cant combine the Sailfish X voucher from my tablet refund with my community developer discount. :| That's a real bummer. So I wonder how I can revert my SFX voucher.

atlochowski 2017-10-16 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by tortoisedoc (Post 1536976)
So I wonder how I can revert my SFX voucher.

Try to write mail to James community@jolla.com and ask him.

deprecated 2017-10-16 22:13

The thing I don't get here is that people don't seem to understand the inherent risk of crowdfunding. You're giving them that money and, while they have some obligation to do what they've said with the money, it doesn't constitute a purchase or a binding contract to deliver you a functional device. Crowdfunded projects get scrapped and people get burned all the time, it's part of the associated risk. That said, Jolla is at least attempting to make good on it. That exceeds their obligation.

ste-phan 2017-11-07 12:45

Can't go anywhere on a Jolla forum without stumbling over refund related questions, so I figure it is important enough to make my first post about this great event:
-=Yes I have finally received the 2nd part as I type (from Jolla Asia).=-

Thanks Jolla, this means a week of food in these parts! :)

Dave999 2017-11-07 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ste-phan (Post 1538259)
Can't go anywhere on a Jolla forum without stumbling over refund related questions, so I figure it is important enough to make my first post about this great event:
-=Yes I have finally received the 2nd part as I type (from Jolla Asia).=-

Thanks Jolla, this means a week of food in these parts! :)

Fear not! It’s never too late for the first refund post.

Congrats, mate.

borghal 2017-11-08 12:54

FWIW, I just got my second half of refund. Fair play to Jolla for refunding even though the process was flawed! Now, what to spend the money on? 😃

Dave999 2017-11-08 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by borghal (Post 1538301)
FWIW, I just got my second half of refund. Fair play to Jolla for refunding even though the process was flawed! Now, what to spend the money on? 😃

A beer?

https://blog.jolla.com/second_phase_refund/

pichlo 2017-11-10 06:15

I would invest into spirits. The only commodity where you get 40%.

borghal 2017-11-10 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1538353)
I would invest into spirits. The only commodity where you get 40%.

I'll be looking into that 🍻😉

gerbick 2017-11-10 18:04

Still waiting...

Dave999 2017-11-14 16:44

November refund or do we skip One month. Exciting times ahead. Buckle up. It might be a bumpy road.

Dave999 2017-12-11 11:36

Any Cristmas refund Payment? I guess Jolla have to hurry to make it happen before the holiday s.

We have already experienced one month without refund and two with refunds. So the score: 2 vs 1.

Or will December be remembered as the equalizer?

Dave999 2018-01-01 11:00

Not sure if the refund program is still working. But it looks like that we are having next to no refunds nowadays. 2018 is here right on time but the refunds are not unfortunately.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/8OrESzoMlIUrC/giphy.gif

bob_bipbip 2018-02-22 09:28

still waiting, any news?

vistaus 2018-02-22 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob_bipbip (Post 1541491)
still waiting, any news?

I'm still waiting as well.

Dave999 2018-02-22 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by vistaus (Post 1541492)
I'm still waiting as well.

Last update was first of January 2018. An it wasn’t really an update. Atleast no useful information.

Waiting for how many years?

badpixel 2018-02-23 03:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1541515)
Last update was first of January 2018. An it wasn’t really an update. Atleast no useful information.

Waiting for how many years?

To the end of universe and even day longer! ;-)