maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   [SOLVED] N9 feed update problem (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82253)

rooster13 2012-02-11 08:51

[SOLVED] N9 feed update problem

Anyone else having problems updating RSS feeds on their N9?
Even when manually updating the update is pending forever.

Solution on post 64

Muzimak 2012-02-11 09:11

Re: N9 RSS feed update problem

Ayyy, I thought I'm the only one with this recent problem, I even unsubscribed most sites and left only Nokia, but it just keeps pending forever and ever.....

rooster13 2012-02-11 10:17

So we are not alone. I tried searching all the Nokia forums but no luck.

slansr 2012-02-11 11:57

Same problem. . I usually just turn the autosync off so its not that big a deal.. What is though, is how long it takes to load the news.. It takes absolutely ages compared to some google readers that i have on other phones which take 10 seconds to load just as many stories with full content .. Anyone know how to make the sync faster?

rooster13 2012-02-11 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by slansr (Post 1163478)
Same problem. . I usually just turn the autosync off so its not that big a deal.. What is though, is how long it takes to load the news.. It takes absolutely ages compared to some google readers that i have on other phones which take 10 seconds to load just as many stories with full content .. Anyone know how to make the sync faster?

Are you able to sync the feeds? Because I can't even sync manually.

7SAN9 2012-02-11 13:10

yeah me 2,,,

Ermany 2012-02-11 14:16

Me too, and yet the feeds are all update to the most recent and it its ongoing for no reason, i simple it cancel but later on it comesback and continues. Until u manually cancel,

It keeps pendings?

slansr 2012-02-11 19:44

Most of the time i sync manually and it works just fine however sometimes i get the 'invalid feed' message and that feed doesn't update, i solve that by trying again a couple of times.. But like i said most of the time it works fine just very slow which is my main problem with the n9.. People talk bad about the lumia on this forum but i have one and it does things literally three times as fast as the n9, every little thing from syncing feeds to even going from one settings menu to another.. Anyway sorry for being off topic..

im not sure how to fix the issue where the feeds wont sync even manually.. Maybe try reflashing, i did that and solved many issues while keeping all the data!

p3tr 2012-02-11 20:12

Same problem here. Syncing stopped working today, no button even for manual sync. :confused:

kiiwii 2012-02-12 07:14

Same problem, too.
reboot will do the trick back to functional.
seriously... We do not need to refresh like this case.

strace for a while, no clue for now. Weird.