maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Getting a replacement phone. (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83755)

tim_de_wolf 2012-04-19 16:40

Getting a replacement phone.

Good day everybody.

Next month I can get a new phone via my provider. The only problem here is: I have absolutely no clue what I should get. I mean, can't I, like in a car, put a new engine in it? I am really sad to let go of the N900, since its a brilliant device, but it is time for a new phone. (Nokia, get your *** of the couch en bring out a Nokia n901, fasther, thinner, with full qwerty etc etc)

You guys helped me with various Q & A about the n900, so I figured you are just like me, and I was wondering, what would YOU get if you could replace your phone?

Yes it has probably been asked a lot of times and yes this post is in the wrong place, but nevertheless, I was wondering if you guys could help me out anyway.

T. de Wolf

jutley 2012-04-19 18:15

Re: Getting a replacement phone.

Nothing compares to a n900 I have nearly every phone and sold them all except for one one guess which one I kept.

sifo 2012-04-19 18:23

yes for me the n900 the best device ever :D

tim_de_wolf 2012-04-19 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by jutley (Post 1194526)
Nothing compares to a n900 I have nearly every phone and sold them all except for one one guess which one I kept.

I agree, why change to a different phone if you already have the perfect one? My friends can't seem to understand. You tried some of the recent smartphones? Which for example? I am curious because that is exactly what I think will happen to me too.

I must add though, it would be nice to have multitouch, more choise in applications (then I refer to the more mainstream apps) and what about a quadcore processor in it? But I will miss the qwerty keyboard, typing is an absolute pleasure on it, don't see why they don't create them with qwerty anymore.

Dave999 2012-04-19 18:29

Galaxy note is the way to go until anything tizen releated appears.

ibrakalifa 2012-04-19 19:06

if u want a 'phone' or similar like smartphone u can try gNote or N9, but replacing mobilecomputing is sooooo damn hard, n900 is the one and only, im using n9 for daily use, and n900 for freaky time, :D

tim_de_wolf 2012-04-19 22:03

Yeah it really is hard to figure out what phone to get. There is just nothing 'like' the n900. Everything is, to some extent, the same. One has a nice large screen, the other has a brilliant camera, but there's not one that stands out in my opinion. The Gnote is seriously one I am going to consider, I thought about the N9, but I am not very fond of Symbian. Neither am I fond of Android, but ey, there really is nothing else right? Yeah except for IOS, but thats too expensive.

ammyt 2012-04-19 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris (Post 1194535)
Galaxy note is the way to go until anything tizen releated appears.

The Galaxy Note seems to be weirdly the most appreciated Android handset over this forum. Never known why though, I guess it is just it's phoneblet phone factor.

Anyway, how much are you planning to spend on your new phone? I'd basically assume that it's gonna be an Android one, to me, I see that the perfect N900 Android substitute is the Samsung i927 Captivate Glide

HELLASISGREECE 2012-04-19 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim_de_wolf (Post 1194608)
I thought about the N9, but I am not very fond of Symbian.

Hey Wolf.. N9 runs Meego 1.2 Harmattan.
Not Symbian.

but yeah, N900 is irreplaceable

geneven 2012-04-19 23:35

Install MaeMeeMo. To me, it's like getting a new phone.