maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Maemo Community Chat - IRC on Freenode (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=19487)

GeneralAntilles 2008-04-24 03:47

Maemo Community Chat - IRC on Freenode
 
Seeing sjgadsby pushing bugzilla, I figured it might be time to give a little shout out to #maemo over on Freenode, maemo's semi-official IRC channel.

There's lots and lots of fun stuff going down there (a lot of stuff that you wont see here on itT), so be sure to check it out!

#maemo on Freenode

LinuxMacmaemoWindows
On a related note, do you think we could ever convince Reggie to turn off the stupid auto-censoring and turn it into user setting. :\

Texrat 2008-04-24 05:06

Re: The maemo Community - IRC on Freenode
 
Pidgin works well on the tablet for IRC, with the proper client installed of course. Are there any other methods to access IRC on the tablets?

fms 2008-04-24 05:14

Re: The maemo Community - IRC on Freenode
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texrat (Post 173941)
Pidgin works well on the tablet for IRC, with the proper client installed of course. Are there any other methods to access IRC on the tablets?

There is a port of ВitсhX.

geneven 2008-04-24 05:18

Re: The maemo Community - IRC on Freenode
 
I think there is a version of Xchat that I have used, but don't have installed right now.

GeneralAntilles 2008-04-24 05:24

Re: The maemo Community - IRC on Freenode
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by geneven (Post 173943)
I think there is a version of Xchat that I have used, but don't have installed right now.

There is (I added all the relevant maemo clients to the first post). I actually have a bind for since it gets asked about so much on #maemo (!xchat expands to the URL).

Texrat 2008-04-24 05:39

Re: The maemo Community - IRC on Freenode
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fms (Post 173942)
There is a port of ВitсhX.

LOL... I forgot about that. Did you see the thread? :D

qwerty12 2008-04-24 05:48

Re: The maemo Community - IRC on Freenode
 
I'm a drama queen. Sorry, I'd had a bit of a bad day at school. Now, today I'm happy because of teachers striking, it means I can stay at home today :p.

I like #maemo. The people are great :), I joined a month or two ago and it's fun :).

But instead of listing clients in alphabetical order, why not do it by features or something?
X-Chat is definitely the best IMHO. Pidgin and *****X a joint second IMHO.

GeneralAntilles 2008-04-24 06:05

Re: The maemo Community - IRC on Freenode
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty12 (Post 173952)
But instead of listing clients in alphabetical order, why not do it by features or something?

A. I was trying to avoid any client flamewars, and B. I didn't have anything useful to contribute for Linux and Windows client ranking. ;)

But, sure, if you want. X-Chat is definitely the way to go. The other GUI clients on maemo pretty much suck and the console stuff is kind of a pain to use without a full keyboard.

qwerty12 2008-04-24 06:08

Re: The maemo Community - IRC on Freenode
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles (Post 173956)
A. I was trying to avoid any client flamewars, and B. I didn't have anything useful to contribute for Linux and Windows client ranking. ;)

But, sure, if you want. X-Chat is definitely the way to go. The other GUI clients on maemo pretty much suck and the console stuff is kind of a pain to use without a full keyboard.

Good reasoning. But people seriously have flamewars over irc clients? :eek:

Indeed, Irssi also likes to segfault from time to time too.

fanoush 2008-04-24 10:38

Re: The maemo Community - IRC on Freenode
 
Also it may be good to mention that for those who cannot afford hanging on irc all day there is searchable archive here http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-irclog/latest.log.html


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:56.

vBulletin® Version 3.8.8