maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Clock colour? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78536)

HaugMedia 2011-10-05 20:41

Clock colour?

Anyone who knows how to change the colour of the clock on the N9 when it's in sleepmode/standbymode?

Would love to make it red because it lights up my whole damn room at night.

Thanks! :)

DrInk 2011-10-24 13:07

Re: Clock colour?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaugMedia (Post 1103584)
Anyone who knows how to change the colour of the clock on the N9 when it's in sleepmode/standbymode?

Would love to make it red because it lights up my whole damn room at night.

Thanks! :)

Hello.

Edit /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css

and change the color within LockScreen MLabelStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeClockLabel,

then reboot N9.

I changed the colour in order to identify my own phone and wife's phone, both black N9 64GBs...

noetus 2011-10-29 20:42

Doesn't adding colour to the lockscreen drain the battery faster?

jubileums 2011-10-30 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by noetus (Post 1115705)
Doesn't adding colour to the lockscreen drain the battery faster?

No, it doesn't. To get white the screen has to light up the R, G and B sections of each pixel. So to get colour it in theory needs to use less power. It is important to note however, that in low power mode the display can only switch each section completely on or off. With those limitations you can have 8 different colours to choose from (including black and white).

F2thaK 2011-10-30 11:30

1 Attachment(s)
you can make the font LIGHT (default) or BOLD, and increase font size to 11mm maybe 12...

edit: bold doesnt look so good though

HsHon 2011-10-30 14:56

Hi ppl. Im v. new to meego love tis N9. Im at libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css how do i edit it? :confused:

noetus 2011-11-01 03:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrInk (Post 1112834)
Hello.

Edit /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css

and change the color within LockScreen MLabelStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeClockLabel,

then reboot N9.

I changed the colour in order to identify my own phone and wife's phone, both black N9 64GBs...

Does anyone know if I can change the time format using this file? Near the above settings there are settings like time-format with a value of "%R" under ScreenLockClockStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeClock.

I use a 24 hour clock and I'd really like it to display 07:30 and 01:31 instead of 7:30 and 1:39, etc.

F2thaK 2011-11-01 04:33

no doubt you can... have a look through the file and experiment

oSCho 2011-11-01 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by HsHon (Post 1115975)
Hi ppl. Im v. new to meego love tis N9. Im at libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css how do i edit it? :confused:

HsHon, this is how I managed to change the clock color (there's probably a better/quicker technique but whatever):

On you phone, copy the libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css to a folder visible when in USB Mass Storage mode (for example: /home/user/MyDocs/Documents/). I used File Manager to perform this step.

Now, connect your N9 to the computer and navigate to the folder where you copied the css file.

Edit the file using a text editor, not Word :-) I use Notepad++

The line you want to change is line 85 in my file, two lines below: LockScreen MLabelStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeClockLabel {

I suggest using basic red(#FF0000) blue(#0000FF) green(#00FF00). I noticed some other colors also work but not all of them.

Once your done editing save the file and eject your device.

On the phone's terminal:

type in:
Code:

devel-su [enter]
You then need to type in your password, default is rootme I believe.
EDIT: I'm not sure this is necessary but I'm not a pro with these user permission things hehe. It works this way and that's enough for me.

We then need to copy the edited file from the "Documents" folder back to the original folder.

type in:
Code:

cd .. [enter]
Code:

cp home/user/MyDocs/Documents/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/ [enter]
Reboot your device. If you don't see the clock anymore it's probably because you chose a non-supported color.

You can edit the file directly on the device in the terminal but I find this technique easier. If anyone has a better way of doing this please let me know. Could we somehow add something in the settings pane for this?

oSCho

HsHon 2011-11-01 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by oSCho (Post 1116709)
HsHon, this is how I managed to change the clock color (there's probably a better/quicker technique but whatever):

On you phone, copy the libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css to a folder visible when in USB Mass Storage mode (for example: /home/user/MyDocs/Documents/). I used File Manager to perform this step.

Now, connect your N9 to the computer and navigate to the folder where you copied the css file.

Edit the file using a text editor, not Word :-) I use Notepad++

The line you want to change is line 85 in my file, two lines below: LockScreen MLabelStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeClockLabel {

I suggest using basic red(#FF0000) blue(#0000FF) green(#00FF00). I noticed some other colors also work but not all of them.

Once your done editing save the file and eject your device.

On the phone's terminal:

type in:
Code:

devel-su [enter]
You then need to type in your password, default is rootme I believe.
EDIT: I'm not sure this is necessary but I'm not a pro with these user permission things hehe. It works this way and that's enough for me.

We then need to copy the edited file from the "Documents" folder back to the original folder.

type in:
Code:

cd .. [enter]
Code:

cp home/user/MyDocs/Documents/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/ [enter]
Reboot your device. If you don't see the clock anymore it's probably because you chose a non-supported color.

You can edit the file directly on the device in the terminal but I find this technique easier. If anyone has a better way of doing this please let me know. Could we somehow add something in the settings pane for this?

oSCho

Woah thank you. U realli help mi a lot. Erm but when i press cd.. it says not found. Why is this so?