maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Brainstorm (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   A hack to unlock screen when locked by malfunctioning of proximity sensor (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73351)

ali392 2011-05-23 10:48

A hack to unlock screen when locked by malfunctioning of proximity sensor

first of all Sorry if somehwhere this idea is already there. but I could not find. I have some proximity issue and It works 1 out of 99 times. So I get frustrated alot. I saw a hack to lock screen when unlocked by incoming call. But my need is opposite. I want a hack to unlock screen when locked by incoming call. Please help. If any body has sorce code of the hack to lock screen. I am sure not a lot of effort would be needed to reverse it.

rash.m2k 2011-05-24 15:32

Re: A hack to unlock screen when locked by malfunctioning of proximity sensor

If you press the slider it unlocks?

ali392 2011-05-25 10:54

yes it does. still its frustrating to see phone screen on but as soon as a call comes the screen goes blank. normally in other phones its otherwise isnt it?

Dragoss91 2011-05-25 13:39

Your proximity sensor acts like this only outdoor ?

ali392 2011-05-25 17:45

I face this problem everywhere indoor outdoor bathroom kitchen everywhere. I am sure proximity sensor is faulty. I can not claim warrenty aswell. I tried to check if proximity sensor is working by some command that returns open or close. it always returns close. yeah sometimes it works and that too in kernal op.. not in power. so I am pretty confident that nothing else will be of any use exept a hack to unlock phone when locked by incoming call. later I can install slide to answer for inpoket problem.

efekt 2011-05-25 18:26

Do you have some sort of a scratch-proof screen protector on your N900's screen? Sometimes, these stickers confuse the proximity sensor...

ali392 2011-05-26 13:16

I have read all these posts and worked upon them I tested with both screen protector on screen and without screen protector. I was so mad I even tried to remove the screen too for that matter ... just exagerating. anyways as I said before nothing else but a hack to unlock screen may be of anyhelp. Plus May be Its a problem in eastern Parts of world because my proximity sensor in n97 didnt worked well too. Then again may be It malfunctioned due to falling or something because my mobile fell from my pocket a couple of twenty times too. still its very solid can not see any other scratch or bump on it

efekt 2011-05-26 14:24

Did you try phone speaker switcher? It can be found in the repositories, and it has lots of functionality combining the proximity sensor and ongoing calls.

uhbhatti88 2011-05-26 14:32

hey i second the OP's request. I have the same problem. if the phones in my jeans and a call comes, the prox. sensor switches off the screen when i pull the phone out of my pocket. then it stays like that for a few seconds. annoying as $#!t.

I believe a simple script that keeps the proximity sensor from turning on until the call is accepted would be a suitable solution, because by default ours turns on the when the phone starts ringing, which means that if the sensor is covered it assumes the phone is being held up next to your ear or something, so it keeps the screen locked...confusing, i know.

ali392, i feel your pain.

ali392 2011-05-27 21:37

i tried that speaker phone software but it didnt help either.