maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Android (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   whatsapp on NITDroid (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70835)

Psycho 2011-03-08 19:44

whatsapp on NITDroid

Hi guys,

Ive been waiting and waiting for getting NITDroid sms function on my android n900. But becouse of the closed drivers i think we cant get the full sms functionality on NITdroid.

I want that damnit whatsapp application, we have been spamming whatsapp like 100 times for porting it to n900 but thats also not going to be done.

So i was thinking, installing whatsapp on my NITDroid was a succes. But for verification of my number whatsapp needs a sms message, to send a verification number back. Ive been trying to send it via web, but that was also not a succes. so ive been searching on google last night. and found something that i could manually activate whatsapp by send a sms to whatsapp with my email and that they will be sending a verification back.

But i get:

Sorry to hear you are having problems activating WhatsApp -- we will try our best to help you.

We just checked our SMS authentication logs and sadly we didn't see any registration attempts for the phone number: 'Number'.

Please try the following steps next:

1. delete WhatsApp from your iPhone by tapping and holding WhatsApp icon until it vibrates.

2. reboot your iPhone.

Anyone ideas ?

gr,

Psycho 2011-03-09 14:14

Re: whatsapp on NITDroid

hmm no one ?

arora.rohan 2011-03-09 14:26

You tried the way2sms and otherstuff ??
Like some sites which let you send sms from the internet?

Psycho 2011-03-09 14:28

Reply of e-yes via forum.nitdroid.com;

Send SMS from another phone (using the SIM from your n900)?

or

insend SMS using command line (adb shel, for example):
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.ofono /isimodem org.of ono.MessageManager.SendMessage string:"+71231234567" string:"test smsko"

can anyone explain this :P

Psycho 2011-03-09 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by arora.rohan (Post 964040)
You tried the way2sms and otherstuff ??
Like some sites which let you send sms from the internet?

you need to send a sms via ur providers website, this so that whatsapp knows that the message is yours with your number, but my provider dont supports international sms messages.

but i want to try;

insend SMS using command line (adb shel, for example):
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.ofono /isimodem org.of ono.MessageManager.SendMessage string:"+71231234567" string:"test smsko"

carlon 2011-04-13 16:07

Isn't whatsapp planning a port to Qt soon? wouldn't it easier then to get on the n900 since maemo uses Qt?

HtheB 2011-04-18 00:11

I tried to send an sms to +14083062615 with my email address as text, but then I will get an email:

Quote:

Subject:WhatsApp auth code
Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having problems activating WhatsApp -- we will try our best to help you.

We just checked our SMS authentication logs and sadly we didn't see any registration attempts for the phone number: +31616165496.

Please try the following steps next:

1. delete WhatsApp from your iPhone by tapping and holding WhatsApp icon until it vibrates.

2. reboot your iPhone.

3. download latest version of the app by opening the http://itunes.com/app/whatsapp link FROM your iPhone (you WILL NOT get charged again to download WhatsApp from the AppStore)

If you still don't receive your code after the above steps, please let us know by emailing support@whatsapp.com and INCLUDE your phone number in the email.

--

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
But if you run Whatsapp for the first time, it will still try to activate it... Isn't there any way to go around this screen?

Even if I am able to register my number with Whatsapp, it will still try to send an sms because it's the first time you use Whatsapp on the NITDroid... :(

Any other solution?

vivek5000 2011-04-19 04:49

pls give some solution to active whatsapp

jo21 2011-04-19 05:26

its stupid really cuz they can easily port over symbian ^3 version.

well from what i heard, whatapp turns smartphone to ****. so not really feeling it.

rather use google chat, skype, msn, facebook chat or even Ovi chat.

jo21 2011-04-19 05:30

its stupid really cuz they can easily port over symbian ^3 version.

well from what i heard, whatapp turns smartphone to ****. so not really feeling it.

rather use google chat, skype, msn, facebook chat or even Ovi chat.