maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Mauku 0.5 = Jaiku + Twitter (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=22253)

Reggie 2008-07-25 14:18

Mauku 0.5 = Jaiku + Twitter

Quote:

To commemorate Mauku's first anniversary, head developer Henrik Hedberg has released a new version of Mauku, now adding Twitter support. Twitter twits are displayed in green and Jaikus are in yellow. Â* You can get the pre-release version (v. 0.4.2.2) already at the unstable repository (change user to unstable in the repository setting after you install -- thanks Jonathan!), or just wait for the stable release which should be up soon. Follow the Jaiku discussion.
Read the full article.

nilchak 2008-07-25 14:29

Re: Mauku 0.5 = Jaiku + Twitter

Beeeautiful ... thanks a ton for having one app for both Jaikus and Twitters... (not that I twitter a lot).
What with the proliferation of "social networks", its difficult to have an app for all those that one subscribes to, and its a blessing when such consolidated apps (Fring and now Mauku 0.5)) are developed .

Big thanks to the developer .

deter3 2008-07-25 16:04

Great thanks for excellent work !!I love it . I have one problem here . I am in China and Jaiku has been blocked by GFW ( great fire wall ) while twitter are okay . So , Mauku crashed everytime when I only use twitter account sending tweets to the server . No tweets can be sent out .

anidel 2008-07-25 16:16

Well, the Twitter client doesn't work for me.. it reads, but does not write :)
I've sent the bug info already twice...

darrennewman@sky.com 2009-01-09 19:37

Has anyone managed to get the LED notification to work? I have selected it in the options but it does not work.

yerga 2009-01-09 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by darrennewman@sky.com (Post 255931)
Has anyone managed to get the LED notification to work? I have selected it in the options but it does not work.

There exist a bug in Mauku with the led managing, and if you haven't a n810w, it doesn't work. Henrik is aware of the problem, so it 'll be fixed eventually.

You could fix it manually, but you need be root and edit an important system file.
In the file /etc/mce/mce.ini, the last line is "PatternComHenrikhedbergMauku=numbers".

You need copy it in the section [LEDPatternNJoyRX44] if you have a n810 or in the section [LEDPatternNJoyRX34] if you have a n800.

Más info: http://jaiku.com/channel/mauku/presence/45322095

darrennewman@sky.com 2009-01-09 21:44

Great, got it working. Thanks.

theillien 2009-03-22 23:38

I just installed this but all of Twitter options are greyed out. The only thing that isn't is the button to sign up for Twitter account. Anyone else have this problem?

Nevermind. Problem went away on its own.

ShutteR77 2009-04-03 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by theillien (Post 273793)
I just installed this but all of Twitter options are greyed out. The only thing that isn't is the button to sign up for Twitter account. Anyone else have this problem?

Nevermind. Problem went away on its own.

You should restart app, and if does not help put check in Jaiku and after that in Twitter box. In my way it work good.

Reggie, thank you very mach, I think you app is the best app in my n810. I will send you bags report again and again))

sjgadsby 2009-04-03 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutteR77 (Post 277178)
Reggie, thank you very mach, I think you app is the best app in my n810.

Reggie admins InternetTabletTalk and posted news of this (now old) Mauku release; however, he did not write the application. Mauku's developer is Henrik Hedberg.